We Recommend

• Craza - January 14, 2012 12:32 a.m.

I'm pretty excited for Borderlands 2 and Prey 2.
  • coltsfanca - January 14, 2012 12:51 a.m.

Is there any word on Final Fantasy Versus 13 yet? I heard rumors about a release date in late 2012, but has anyone heard differently?
  • CitizenWolfie - January 14, 2012 2:53 a.m.

I'd happily wait for Farcry 3. Think I was one of the few people who really loved FC2 despite all the flaws. Likewise I'd rather see Naughty Dog take time away from the Uncharted series to work on Last of Us and then come back with something as mind blowing as Uncharted 2 was. Agree on Last Guardian unfortunately. It does seem like it'll be released right at the end of PS3's lifespan and will probably sell relatively badly. Just throwing this one out there as a hypothetical - What if Rockstar has nearly finished GTAV and release it on the same day as the next Call of Duty? Can you imagine the chaos?
  • rudy-lopez - January 14, 2012 3:59 a.m.

that would be delicious anarchy!!!!
  • rudy-lopez - January 14, 2012 4:01 a.m.

as long as gta 5 makes it out im good
  • inkyspot - January 14, 2012 5:26 a.m.

If GTA 5 Comes out this year, it will be a good game year for me. With Kingdom of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, ssx, and a whole bunch of other cool game that will make it out this year. I'll be able to focus on hardware, so I'll be a happy camper.
  • jackthemenace - January 14, 2012 5:44 a.m.

Man, I really hope Rising and Borderlands 2 do release this year- along with Anarchy Reigns and Lollipop Chainsaw, they're some of the games I'm most looking forward to D: Still, I've been waiting 2 and a bit years for Rising already, so I'm willing to wait another year if they can absolutely nail down Anarchy Reigns and get that to be awesome as well
  • winner2 - January 14, 2012 6 a.m.

I thought Dishonored should be on the list but then I remembered it hasn't even gotten a release date anouncement. But I bet it will be delayed.
  • xarab4lyfex - January 14, 2012 6:39 a.m.

Borderlands 2, game of the year, end of story
  • lordgodalming - January 14, 2012 9:27 a.m.

Looks like GR is calling vaporware on Versus XIII. Given SE president Yoichi Wada's consistent hatred of beauty, quality, and the company's fanbase, probably a strong bet.
  • Will.E 304 - January 14, 2012 11:22 p.m.

3 full Final Fantasy games have been made since Versus XIII was announced (granted, one of those games is @#$%; but thats not the point). As excited as i am For VXIII, i think is safe to say it's never coming out.
  • D0CCON - January 14, 2012 9:33 a.m.

I'll be in college this year so I only plan on buying one game this fall and it was going to be Borderlands 2 or Halo 4 (buying one and maybe getting the other for Christmas). Oh, and GTA V will be released Spring 2013. It has been decided.
  • Spybreak8 - January 14, 2012 9:49 a.m.

Good read, thanks Mikel.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - January 14, 2012 10:27 a.m.

I want The Last Guardian out so bad... :( But, don't you think Sony is going to have a tough time marketing both The Last Guardian and The Last of Us without your average consumer being confused?
  • MadMan - January 14, 2012 11:56 a.m.

GTA V and Borderlands 2, GAWWWWWW WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT!!!
  • TheSharklionBeast - January 14, 2012 12:18 p.m.

SC2: heart of the swarm better come out this year otherwise I will rip my face off
  • talleyXIV - January 14, 2012 12:54 p.m.

Oh Borderlands 2, how I already love you. I bet it makes it in by Winter this year. I'd imagine September or October would be a good release time.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 14, 2012 3 p.m.

So many games already set to come out, I wouldn't mind seeing Prey 2 get pushed back. If it had to come out, I almost wish it would come out in the Summer since it would be unlikely to go up against any other big games.
  • Barnsley Pal - January 14, 2012 5:13 p.m.

Borderlands 2 is the only one I would miss. It's in my top 3 most anticipated games for 2012 (along with Mass Effect 3 and BioShock Infinite).
  • NanoElite666 - January 14, 2012 9:25 p.m.

As much as I love Borderlands and can't wait for the second one, I think I'd be fine waiting a little longer for it. Gives me more time to build a spiffy gaming rig to play it all spiffy-like.