• D0CCON - January 14, 2012 9:33 a.m.

I'll be in college this year so I only plan on buying one game this fall and it was going to be Borderlands 2 or Halo 4 (buying one and maybe getting the other for Christmas). Oh, and GTA V will be released Spring 2013. It has been decided.
  • lordgodalming - January 14, 2012 9:27 a.m.

Looks like GR is calling vaporware on Versus XIII. Given SE president Yoichi Wada's consistent hatred of beauty, quality, and the company's fanbase, probably a strong bet.
  • Will.E 304 - January 14, 2012 11:22 p.m.

3 full Final Fantasy games have been made since Versus XIII was announced (granted, one of those games is @#$%; but thats not the point). As excited as i am For VXIII, i think is safe to say it's never coming out.
  • xarab4lyfex - January 14, 2012 6:39 a.m.

Borderlands 2, game of the year, end of story
  • winner2 - January 14, 2012 6 a.m.

I thought Dishonored should be on the list but then I remembered it hasn't even gotten a release date anouncement. But I bet it will be delayed.
  • jackthemenace - January 14, 2012 5:44 a.m.

Man, I really hope Rising and Borderlands 2 do release this year- along with Anarchy Reigns and Lollipop Chainsaw, they're some of the games I'm most looking forward to D: Still, I've been waiting 2 and a bit years for Rising already, so I'm willing to wait another year if they can absolutely nail down Anarchy Reigns and get that to be awesome as well
  • inkyspot - January 14, 2012 5:26 a.m.

If GTA 5 Comes out this year, it will be a good game year for me. With Kingdom of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, ssx, and a whole bunch of other cool game that will make it out this year. I'll be able to focus on hardware, so I'll be a happy camper.
  • rudy-lopez - January 14, 2012 4:01 a.m.

as long as gta 5 makes it out im good
  • CitizenWolfie - January 14, 2012 2:53 a.m.

I'd happily wait for Farcry 3. Think I was one of the few people who really loved FC2 despite all the flaws. Likewise I'd rather see Naughty Dog take time away from the Uncharted series to work on Last of Us and then come back with something as mind blowing as Uncharted 2 was. Agree on Last Guardian unfortunately. It does seem like it'll be released right at the end of PS3's lifespan and will probably sell relatively badly. Just throwing this one out there as a hypothetical - What if Rockstar has nearly finished GTAV and release it on the same day as the next Call of Duty? Can you imagine the chaos?
  • rudy-lopez - January 14, 2012 3:59 a.m.

that would be delicious anarchy!!!!
  • coltsfanca - January 14, 2012 12:51 a.m.

Is there any word on Final Fantasy Versus 13 yet? I heard rumors about a release date in late 2012, but has anyone heard differently?
  • Craza - January 14, 2012 12:32 a.m.

I'm pretty excited for Borderlands 2 and Prey 2.
  • Fuzunga - January 13, 2012 11:34 p.m.

I would say that Borderlands 2 and Metal Gear Rising are on track. If Gearbox delays one of their games it'll be Brothers In Arms, a game that we've seen nothing of but a trailer. I read an interview about MGR that stated Platinum has been turbo-charging through development of Rising. They've basically been on one of those "final push" type schedules since they picked up development which leads me to believe they're nearly done with it.
  • kingsmikefan - January 13, 2012 11:22 p.m.

Mikel Reparaz: the only GRUS editor still doing features on a consistent basis. Hell, the only one I see at all besides the news folk. I highly doubt we'll see any of these games, and I keep forgetting that Prey 2 looks interesting.
  • DevonOO7 - January 13, 2012 9:55 p.m.

I think South Park will make it out this year.
  • RyoonZ - January 13, 2012 9:49 p.m.

Wow so Versus will come out this year ? Well , I'm not expecting Versus to come out this year but definitely hope I'm wrong
  • festafreak - January 13, 2012 9:13 p.m.

Not looking forward to any of those :(
  • BladedFalcon - January 13, 2012 9:07 p.m.

Pretty cool picks! On a personal level, the one i hope you guys are wrong about is MG:RR. Because, honestly, I'm very fucking excited for it. And well, really, it might have been only one trailer, but the game looked already pretty polished and well developed. Like you guys pointed out, Platinum released 2 games on 2009 and 2 on 2010, and took the entire 2011 year off, which in my mind gave them a big head start on developing both anarchy reigns and MG:RR without worrying they could be pushed out too soon.
  • CallSignSky - January 13, 2012 9 p.m.

A good read, but god I hope your wrong about Borderland 2.
  • Trg564 - January 13, 2012 8:58 p.m.

Is it a bad thing that this article was the first time I saw anything for The Last of Us?