Topics

PS4 Wii U xbox one

We Recommend

• MasteroDisasta - September 9, 2013 10:14 p.m.

Hopefully they're not the ones with bazookas. .
  • dangomushi - September 9, 2013 10:11 p.m.

I'm a "sloppy seconds" kind of gamer. When one of my friends joins the new generation of consoles, I'll offer to buy their PS3 and a selection of games for $100. I have at least 5 years of AAA titles to catch up on, I'll be in total bliss while they juggle some launch-window lemons.
  • rigbybot127 - September 9, 2013 6:22 p.m.

I'm a flip-flopping exclusives snob. Sounds about right...
  • AshLynx - September 9, 2013 6:04 p.m.

Not quite a retro hipster, but how about a "late to the last console gen party-goer"? I'm only now planning to get a PS3. Part of this was me waiting or enough games on the system that I wanted and now I want a Bluray player too, but also getting enough money. There's also the "screw consoles, I stick with handhelds" crowd that I'm definitely a part of.
  • Swedish_Chef - September 9, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Did I ever say how much I hate people during console wars? Because I really hate people during console wars.
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:33 p.m.

is it just me or is the wiiU's biggest competitor its brother nintendo platform, the 3ds? their libraries are pretty similar including major releases/ system sellers. i love my 3ds too much, it's satisfying all my needs not leaving room for the wiiU to fill, man i love street passing!
  • rxb - September 9, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Another use for the retro hipster is then seem to enjoy cranking cool retro indie games.
  • spartan524 - September 9, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I'm not a PC elitist, but I am a PC gamer. Why pay tons of money for content when you can make it yourself, or download mods? Why pay another $60 for a new game, when you can upgrade your game with modded content? Why wait years for the next graphical update when you can just install new textures, meshes, and add a bunch of post-processing? The power of the PC allows you to change how you play at any given moment.
  • BladedFalcon - September 9, 2013 5:04 p.m.

You are totally a PC elitist :P
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:38 p.m.

i think he joking.... is he? that's one hell of a coincidence how well he fitted the bill while claiming he isn't.
  • wadesmit - September 10, 2013 3:25 a.m.

This was almost as bad as "I'm no a racist, but..."
  • larkan - September 10, 2013 8:57 a.m.

True, and if it wasn't for games like God of War and Uncharted, I probably wouldn't even own a console. However, we do get the rare occasion where a console game is way better than it's PC counterpart (Diablo 3), which I am currently enjoying way more on PS3 than I ever did on PC.
  • spartan524 - September 10, 2013 9:45 a.m.

<---Does own a PS3 and enjoys Uncharted, and the Sly Cooper series.
  • solidscott - September 9, 2013 4:35 p.m.

I know of someone who fits most of those and unsurprisingly, is a bit of a snooty, pig headed, know it all knob.
  • Sy87 - September 9, 2013 4:35 p.m.

I have no idea what I am. I love retro games and believe that there is just some sort of luster with them. Though I am more into the Xbox I'm not 100% into it. I do prefer some games for PC. I say I am more liberal I go with the games at the time that interest me. It's all about the games for me now and best choice.
  • supaMcnugget - September 9, 2013 4:27 p.m.

Great features as always. The only other one I could think of is The Casual Guy (that guy who is somewhat interested in videogames and the console war, but they'll probably just ignore it and end up buying a system 3 years into the cycle....and their first game will either be a Madden or Call of Duty title.)
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:36 p.m.

..... i did that with each home console i own but it was smash bros
  • CoryRX8 - September 9, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Here's an overreaction on the overreactor page, because this always drives me nuts: DEFCON 5 is situation normal. DEFCON 1 is when things really hit the fan.
  • death4us - September 9, 2013 4:14 p.m.

What console war? Xbox shot itself in the foot and Nintendo pushed itself over a cliff. More and more people are going to PC gaming.