Topics

PS4 Wii U xbox one

• dangomushi - September 9, 2013 10:11 p.m.

I'm a "sloppy seconds" kind of gamer. When one of my friends joins the new generation of consoles, I'll offer to buy their PS3 and a selection of games for $100. I have at least 5 years of AAA titles to catch up on, I'll be in total bliss while they juggle some launch-window lemons.
  • rigbybot127 - September 9, 2013 6:22 p.m.

I'm a flip-flopping exclusives snob. Sounds about right...
  • AshLynx - September 9, 2013 6:04 p.m.

Not quite a retro hipster, but how about a "late to the last console gen party-goer"? I'm only now planning to get a PS3. Part of this was me waiting or enough games on the system that I wanted and now I want a Bluray player too, but also getting enough money. There's also the "screw consoles, I stick with handhelds" crowd that I'm definitely a part of.
  • Swedish_Chef - September 9, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Did I ever say how much I hate people during console wars? Because I really hate people during console wars.
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:33 p.m.

is it just me or is the wiiU's biggest competitor its brother nintendo platform, the 3ds? their libraries are pretty similar including major releases/ system sellers. i love my 3ds too much, it's satisfying all my needs not leaving room for the wiiU to fill, man i love street passing!
  • rxb - September 9, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Another use for the retro hipster is then seem to enjoy cranking cool retro indie games.
  • spartan524 - September 9, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I'm not a PC elitist, but I am a PC gamer. Why pay tons of money for content when you can make it yourself, or download mods? Why pay another $60 for a new game, when you can upgrade your game with modded content? Why wait years for the next graphical update when you can just install new textures, meshes, and add a bunch of post-processing? The power of the PC allows you to change how you play at any given moment.
  • BladedFalcon - September 9, 2013 5:04 p.m.

You are totally a PC elitist :P
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:38 p.m.

i think he joking.... is he? that's one hell of a coincidence how well he fitted the bill while claiming he isn't.
  • wadesmit - September 10, 2013 3:25 a.m.

This was almost as bad as "I'm no a racist, but..."
  • larkan - September 10, 2013 8:57 a.m.

True, and if it wasn't for games like God of War and Uncharted, I probably wouldn't even own a console. However, we do get the rare occasion where a console game is way better than it's PC counterpart (Diablo 3), which I am currently enjoying way more on PS3 than I ever did on PC.
  • spartan524 - September 10, 2013 9:45 a.m.

<---Does own a PS3 and enjoys Uncharted, and the Sly Cooper series.
  • solidscott - September 9, 2013 4:35 p.m.

I know of someone who fits most of those and unsurprisingly, is a bit of a snooty, pig headed, know it all knob.
  • Sy87 - September 9, 2013 4:35 p.m.

I have no idea what I am. I love retro games and believe that there is just some sort of luster with them. Though I am more into the Xbox I'm not 100% into it. I do prefer some games for PC. I say I am more liberal I go with the games at the time that interest me. It's all about the games for me now and best choice.
  • supaMcnugget - September 9, 2013 4:27 p.m.

Great features as always. The only other one I could think of is The Casual Guy (that guy who is somewhat interested in videogames and the console war, but they'll probably just ignore it and end up buying a system 3 years into the cycle....and their first game will either be a Madden or Call of Duty title.)
  • C.King - September 9, 2013 5:36 p.m.

..... i did that with each home console i own but it was smash bros
  • CoryRX8 - September 9, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Here's an overreaction on the overreactor page, because this always drives me nuts: DEFCON 5 is situation normal. DEFCON 1 is when things really hit the fan.
  • death4us - September 9, 2013 4:14 p.m.

What console war? Xbox shot itself in the foot and Nintendo pushed itself over a cliff. More and more people are going to PC gaming.
  • BladedFalcon - September 9, 2013 4:05 p.m.

Hmm... I guess that makes me a Flip-flopping, Techno babling, overreacting retro snob then :P Like with the gamer type article, it's kinda hard to fit into just one category when you're an actual person and not a cartoon XD Pretty amusing article though, and it's true that for all we might love to fling poo at every type listed here, they are all part, and kind of important to what makes the gaming community important ^^