Crysis 3 has debuted atop the UK all formats chart for the week ended February 23.
Benefiting from being available on PC as well as Xbox 360 and PS3, Crytek's shooter narrowly charted ahead of fellow new entry Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, beating Platinum’s console-only action game by just 5,500 sales, according to retail monitor Chart Track.
Xbox 360 was the lead platform for Crysis 3 with 57 per cent of sales, while the PS3 version of Revengeance accounted for 61 per cent of sales.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Crysis 3 (EA)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
- Dead Space 3 (EA)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)