12. A six-digit number can be found on the Scorpion tanks in Halo, which refers to the birth date of the game’s art director, Marcus R. Lehto. His initials also appear on Master Chief’s boots.
13. The first ever videogame Easter egg is considered to be that found in Adventure for Atari 2600, where the player could access a room displaying the name of the game’s creator.
14. First-person shooter Doom 3 contains a reference, found on an in-game PDA, to Brit sitcom The Office.
15. Guy Cihi, who played James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2, is a high-powered venture capitalist who was unexpectedly cast while taking his daughter to audition for a different game.
16. There are 504 pieces of character equipment in Final Fantasy X on PS2.