Topics

Week of Hate

• taokaka - May 7, 2013 4:42 p.m.

what about the most obvious one, half life 2 (half life 2). Seriously all the half life 2 in half life 2 made the game such an exemplary example of how to literally bore your viewers to death. That game would have been much more enjoyable if they hadn't made it in the first place. Also what idiocy led you to write kratos' near silence for god of war ass, the biggest problem with that game was Kratos' lack of a penis hence no sex mini game.
  • shawksta - May 7, 2013 4:58 p.m.

I slightly agree on Half Life 2, although the biggest pile of boredom i ever met with was LA Noire. I want to give it a chance but ive too spoiled by Ace Attorney that LA Noire just outright bored me till i traded it for Ultimate Marvel 3 by the 4th case. " the biggest problem with that game was Kratos' lack of a penis hence no sex mini game." Heh, its funny cause its true
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 4:08 p.m.

I swear, Henry put the Parrying in MGR just to troll me :P Also... Did I just got something from Tomb raider spoiled for me? Dammit, I already bought the game, and it's not gonna be that long until I get to play it. Did I really have to keep covering my ass for spoilers still?
  • Redeater - May 8, 2013 12:34 a.m.

As I just posted above.....they kind of did. The only thing "magic" they show you is a storm in the middle of the game and even then they handle it in a way that suggests the absence of magic. Like I said, it was easily one of my favorite things about the new TR......but hey.....at least we got a photo with a few words.....that's mildly amusing right?.....right?
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 3:49 p.m.

Alright now that its summer I'm going to try p4g because I swear to god I think it's mentioned in every other thing posted or uploaded on this site.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 4:09 p.m.

I think Persona 4 Golden is to this new GR staff, what Okami was to the previous staff XD
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 4:11 p.m.

Well I hope it lives up to the reputation, I mean even Tom liked it and I was starting to think he only likes magic/medieval fantasy and card games
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 4:18 p.m.

Yeah... If I owned a Vita, I'd probably would have gotten it right away. But I don't, and I still see no real reason to have one, even for this game.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - May 7, 2013 4:22 p.m.

I'd say that's a pretty right comparison, though I never noticed it before
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 9:09 p.m.

Heh, honestly, I actually hadn't really thought about it that way until now as well XD
  • TheBountyHunted - May 7, 2013 3:34 p.m.

In Persona 4, I would MUCH rather have Yumi than Ayane, the annoying band girl. Helping her overcome her self esteem issues is so boring and obnoxious. Sure, Yumi gets annoying after a while with her parents problems, but at first she is kinda fun. Ayane is annoying right from the beginning.
  • Cyberninja - May 7, 2013 5:12 p.m.

Really I much rather have Ayane over any one else(except maybe Marie) for the simple fact that she seems like the most normal person out of all the social links(P3 and P4), but maybe you could say I have bias because I am in band but still.
  • TheBountyHunted - May 7, 2013 8:38 p.m.

I played through p4 twice, once with each drama and band, and both are pretty annoying. I personally found Ayane's social link stuff to be really boring and dry. Just helping a girl with her self esteem issues. Yumi has real inner turmoil over her parents and her dying father, who she hates a lot for leaving her and her mom. Yumi constantly complaining about her dad was kinda annoying after a while, but that is a deep issue that I find to be pretty relevant today, especially with all the divorce now. Idk, I suppose everyone has their own opinions about this kind of thing, and rightly so.
  • Rub3z - May 7, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Okay, most of the other ones I can agree with or just roll my eyes at, but seriously... for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance... PARRYING?!?!? Seriously?!?!?! You mean, like, the single most important mechanic in the entire game?! I seriously do not understand how, of all the other things about Revengeance that you could point out (because I think we can all kinda agree it was far from perfect), you listed friggin' PARRYING. I'm starting to think some of you guys just didn't put that much effort into learning it. Because seriously... parrying. It's basically required to play the game, much less beat any of the bosses.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 4:05 p.m.

Pretty sure Henry is trolling. Either that, or he's just that incompetent that he doesn't get a new mechanic that's different to what he's used to.
  • Rub3z - May 7, 2013 6:27 p.m.

It's a conundrum. You can try and accuse someone of trolling and just set yourself up for looking like an idiot, or... you can react to the not-so-apparent-maybe-trolling and just set yourself up for more trolling. Either way, maybe I look like an idiot, but it's okay because I know I have a friend in you, Falcon. :)
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 11:09 p.m.

Nah, you're not an idiot at all, but I've noticed that when addresing something we disagree with the Editors here, it tends to work a bit more when there's humor added to a complain that just being super serious about it, even if they ARE wrong. Anyway, the main reason why I think they could be trolling us was because many of us blew a gasket when in the Jetstream Sam DLC Radarplays, Henry said "yeah see? parrying DOES suck!" And Specially me, went on a rant of how Henry was the one that sucked for saying that. And this back and forth with another user culminated in Cooper popping in to say "Parrying does suck", which to me, was a clear sign that he just wanted to mess with me. So yeah, maybe I'm wrong, but *shrugs* I'm having a laugh about the whole situation, really XD
  • slimjim441 - May 7, 2013 8:16 p.m.

I'll admit, parrying was kind of a pain in the ass for like... 5 minutes. Then I got the hang of it. Those left hands though... that's another story.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 11:20 p.m.

Heh, yeah, the left hands also gave me quite a bit of trouble at first as well. Kinda helps greatly though, if you realize that one: You can retry a scene in which a soldier carries a valuable left hand as many times as you need, and once you successful cut it and pick it up, you can even retry the scene again but you don't have to worry about cutting the hand anymore. Which means that you can always just focus on cutting the hand first, and even if you get killed, you don't have to worry about it anymore. The other tip I could give you is that try not to cut the hand... but the entire arm instead, way easier that way
  • obviouslyadouche - May 7, 2013 3:19 p.m.

Duck is way worse then Ben. Also you specifically said fire emblem awakening but the screenshot was from radiant dawn.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 4:01 p.m.

How is duck way worse than Ben? I mean, sure, i get that Duck was an idiot and kinda obnoxious. But he never got nearly as much focus as Ben ever did, and if nothing else, at least Duck WAS somewhat helpful in the investigation on Ep 3. Ben, on the other hand, fucked up every, single, THING he did or attempted to do. Every single action he made led to people either getting into trouble, or dying. At worst, you can only blame duck for one person's death at the beginning of chapter one. Ben, on the other hand, is responsible for the death of Carly/Ben, Duck, Duck's Mom, Chuck, the fat lady that went into the school with the group, and if he survives chapter 4? His own death and possibly Kenny's. So, just by bodycount alone, Ben's incompetence is by far the deadliest thing Lee's group ever had to face.