• ZeeCaptain - May 26, 2013 4:59 a.m.

I'm not going to give my view on MS's decision, enough people already have and they're arguments would be better than mine anyway, but you have to imagine how the board of directors, all in agreance on these new industry shaking ideas, feel right about know, the look of utter disbelief and confusion they must be going through. I wonder if they can wrap their heads around what the issues are, we're all waiting for E3, because supposedly they'll either give us all a talking too and keep what they wrote on the concrete slabs that are the new commandments of gaming, or there going to say "our bad" and it will all be okay here is what we compromised on.... though they only problem that people don't seem to grasp about the second scenario is that there new ideas could always be completely worse.
  • Adi_9194 - May 26, 2013 4:46 a.m.

Console gamers only hope now is that Sony does not adopt similar draconian methods of control for the PS4. Unless Microsoft can pull a rabbit out of it's ass at E3 they pretty much knocked themselves out of the console race. And no, no amount of Spielburg associated Halo TV series episodes can make up for this nonsense. I urge all Gamers to chose wisely when it comes to their next console purchase. And a note to all reading, if you do not like something, DO NOT BUY IT. While your input on such matters is appreciated, in the end it's your wallets that do the final voting. Have a nice day.
  • Jet - May 25, 2013 4:01 p.m.

Anybody who buys the Xbox as it stands now is contributing to the dismantling of console gaming. This applies to the ps4 as well should it adopt these anti consumer practices
  • ipaqi - May 25, 2013 9:41 p.m.

Wow, so where should we game then? You've literally listed all of them. Also you're wrong. And a bit of a hatemonger.
  • Jet - May 25, 2013 10:12 p.m.

What? You're wrong. Ps4 and Xbox aren't the only options of gaming. Not being able to play offline games is a horrible idea
  • ipaqi - May 25, 2013 10:26 p.m.

You said "console gaming". Those are literally the only new consoles coming up. Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to dry up in two years at most, no matter what anyone else says. So we should stop gaming then.
  • Jet - May 25, 2013 10:40 p.m.

The answer is to let console sales dwindle and play through other means. At least until corporate heads understand this isnt what people want in a console. A pc being a popular alternative
  • ZeeCaptain - May 26, 2013 5:01 a.m.

Theres also mobile gaming and hand held gaming, it's all a bit more casual, i'm not agreeing with this but these are other options, besides PC that is.
  • BladedFalcon - May 26, 2013 11:31 a.m.

"Wow, so where should we game then? You've literally listed all of them." "You said "console gaming" As loathe as I am at pointing it out. There IS the Wii U, rendering thus both of your statements incorrect. Mind, not that I am suggesting anyone should buy the Wii U. Still, facts are facts.
  • ipaqi - May 26, 2013 11:50 a.m.

True, you are factually correct. I forgot the WiiU existed. Which is a really bad thing for Nintendo, probably.
  • BladedFalcon - May 26, 2013 12:19 p.m.

Yup, personally, I dislike the Wii U, which you probably can tell if you've paid any attention to my rants :P And well, i don't honestly consider them true competition, but still, they're there. Anyway, I just want to say, you're a smart guy, and it's fun to argue with you, although I am not sure to which extent you enjoy it rather then being annoyed by it. And know that while we've definitely butted heads with our opinions, I respect you. I'm just someone that likes to argue for the fun of it, and it's nice to see someone that knows how to argue without falling into fallacies often, and even draw the line when a discussion seems to become redundant, something that I often fail do myself XD Anyway, just wanted to say this because you're the kind of people that's good to have around and have discourses with, and I don't want you to feel that everyone, including myself, is attacking, or diving you away ^^; So cheers mate, hope to see you around to disagree with each other some more :P
  • ipaqi - May 26, 2013 1:19 p.m.

Nah, we're cool, man. I've had good and bad arguments in this very thread, and ours definitely wasn't a bad one.
  • The_Ouroboros - May 27, 2013 6:43 p.m.

Let's hug it out, guys. As a long time lurker, I appreciate the both of you. Polygon reported that Used Games WILL NOT have an imposed fee as was previously stated. "The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox," says Larry Hryb. "Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future."
  • jameel-aboulhosn - May 25, 2013 10:03 a.m.

Lol this ignorant fear-mongering article makes me laugh. At least it seems like the discussion here isn't a bunch of Sony fan-tards purposely trying to be as negative as possible.
  • BladedFalcon - May 26, 2013 11:23 a.m.

Says the guy that in his whole paragraph didn't say a single constructive thing and instead blurted nothing but inane insults. You sir, are truly edifying:P
  • LoboMau - May 24, 2013 3:28 p.m.

We'll see if the "infinite power of the cloud" will prevent them from DDOS from multiple sources.
  • ipaqi - May 26, 2013 1:21 p.m.

Well, MS is targeting 100% availability with all of its cloud services, so hopefully they manage to match up to it.
  • ipaqi - May 24, 2013 2:04 p.m.

Yeah, I'd appreciate if you updated and corrected this article to match this other article you posted: http://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft-publishers-receive-fees-used-game-retail-sales/
  • Shinn - May 25, 2013 4:32 a.m.

It's an editorial, it's meant to reflect Cooper's opinion based on information available at the time of writing. You may have noticed the disclaimer at the end of the text?