Topics

piracy

• Monkeychow01 - November 30, 2011 4:10 p.m.

I really don't like these arguments. I bought the game as well, but who's to say those "pirates" would have EVER bought the game? Everyone screams "OMG we COULD have made money" but you don't know that. They might have avoided the game all together. I doubt 4.5 million people would have bought the game instead of downloading it.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 30, 2011 4:14 p.m.

Hey hey, officer! How can you say I stole this car? I never would have actually BOUGHT it. You can't prove I would have!
  • Monkeychow01 - November 30, 2011 4:17 p.m.

Has nothing to do whether stealing or not stealing is right or wrong (hint it's wrong). It has to do with trying to boast that your numbers on sales would have been better if you "prevented" it. If those 4.5 million people couldn't download it, likelihood is MOST of them would just ignore the game and move on to something "easier" to download. If they wouldn't spend the money to play the game in the first place, then what makes you think if you remove their option to steal it that they are going to change their mind about paying for it?
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 30, 2011 4:41 p.m.

I didn't put that anywhere in the article. Just that it was pirated 5 times for every 1 real purchase.
  • D0CCON - November 30, 2011 6:35 p.m.

I love it when the GR folks actually get into discussions with the readers.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - November 30, 2011 7:36 p.m.

Hey, it's the new guy. Hi, new guy!
  • onetimebuster - November 30, 2011 4:04 p.m.

I hate pirates.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - November 30, 2011 4:03 p.m.

tragic. and chris antista says he has no problems with piracy...
  • Net_Bastard - November 30, 2011 9:36 p.m.

Another reason to like Chris Antista. I thought that I had enough.