• tehtimeisnow - January 26, 2013 12:54 p.m.

must haves? ha ah these ganes all look horrable and there all just reahashes games like the 100th maroi game its all the same gane and that yoshei game looks horrable just for llittel kids just face the facts guys there no way nitedno can compete with the superier ipad
  • tehtimeisnow - January 27, 2013 6:52 p.m.

thank u guys my frend maked this avetar for me and its so ccool cuz it shows the most best game compeny of all time appel and the most best gane of all time mw3 togehter
  • HyruleKing - February 17, 2013 7:02 a.m.

I almost took this comment seriously, but then I saw your profile pic, the words "horrable" and "superier ipad" and I realized that you're a sad troll who doesn't know how to use spell check. Also, did someone say "all the same game" and "rehash"? Oh hi there Call of Duty.
  • talleyXIV - January 26, 2013 10:06 a.m.

Honestly, who cares about third party support when Nintendo continues to churn out games that I want to play? As long as they make a great Zelda game, a great Mario game, a great Kirby or Yoshi or Pikmin game, I am content, and the third party support it gets is the icing on the cake.
  • talleyXIV - January 26, 2013 10:03 a.m.

Dat Pikmin 3, Zelda, and Yoshi's Land doe.
  • Squirrel - January 26, 2013 8:22 a.m.

Now that's a great fair-minded article. It seems finding fairness in Nintendo related editorials is hard to find amongst gaming journalists these days, but its nice to know that bias and fanboyism hasn't killed all logic. The Wii U really is a spectacular return to form for Nintendo, and while the hardware has so much potential it's games like the ones announced that prove that potential. Nintendo has outdone themselves this time, but still some ignorant "hardcore" gamers only see blood for Nintendo no matter what they do. I do say tho its fun seeing them rant on articles like this since they can't handle being told in any formal fashion that Nintendo does indeed not suck.
  • BladedFalcon - January 26, 2013 8:32 a.m.

Ironic that you're talking about fair mindedness, while being a clear fanboy yourself...
  • Squirrel - January 27, 2013 8:09 a.m.

Yea that seems logical since I lead my comment with nothing but blatant bias ranting... Or it seems more likely that you simply don't like what this article says, and you hate my endorsement of it, so you just look to brand me a "fanboy" to attempt to discredit the message. That is an immature strategy used by children and politicians. Your defensive nature and name calling points to far more fanboyism than anything I mustered in my comment. Try and be more open minded of other people's opinions will you??
  • BladedFalcon - January 27, 2013 9:09 a.m.

" Try and be more open minded of other people's opinions will you?? " Says the guy that also said: " I do say tho its fun seeing them rant on articles like this since they can't handle being told in any formal fashion that Nintendo does indeed not suck." So basically, anyone that says anything against Nintendo, even if it's a legitimate complaint or concern, is automatically an "ignorant hardcore gamer"? That is such a very open minded thing to say! How dare people voice opinions different than mine! *gasps* If you even bothered to read my posts below, or others, you would see WHY we have a reason to not be in total agreement with what the article says, and that there's legitimate background and past history to support it. Yes, when people come in only to say "BLUH NINTENDO SUCKS, MICROSOSFT FOREVERS!" without even posting any kind of reasoning, that is definitely ignorant fanboyism. But that's not what has been posted here so far, and when someone like you comes in, and dismisses all critiques and disagreements in general, you're also being a massive fanboy in turn. Again, if you bothered to read the comments, you would see that most acknowledge that Nintendo's announcements WERE pretty big, but disagree that it's all they need or want from a console, thus disagreeing with the core message of this article. If you are someone that doesn't mind that, and are content with only the games that nintendo announced, that's totally fine, you're entitled to that opinion. But when you come a dismisses everyone else's, you shouldn't be surprised to get some hostility coming your way.
  • ParagonT - January 27, 2013 3:44 p.m.

You say this: "some ignorant "hardcore" gamers only see blood for Nintendo no matter what they do. I do say tho its fun seeing them rant on articles like this since they can't handle being told in any formal fashion that Nintendo does indeed not suck" Then you add this: "Try and be more open minded of other people's opinions will you??" Next you say this: "but its nice to know that bias and fanboyism hasn't killed all logic. " Then you say this: "Your defensive nature and name calling points to far more fanboyism than anything I mustered in my comment." In general, you are a walking contradiction and simply can't handle the fact that Nintendo is screwing themselves. You cling to the "Glory Days of Nintendo", and disregard any shortcomings that they have at times, then so much say that others are being "fanboys" when you seem to be the only chip in the cookie as far as comments. I don't really mind your close mindedness on the matter or your opinion, it's fine, I don't care, but to come on here and firstly infer that this article IS logic (thus infering anyone who disagrees does not follow logic), then to call people ignorant who has a different opinion than you, then to finally try to play the victim is the liking of a big steaming pile of crap in the middle of the floor. It just doesn't belong here and someone has to clean it up, which is what this comment is for. Please adjust the height of your horse next time trollster.
  • HyruleKing - February 17, 2013 7:22 a.m.

There are things that Sony & Microsoft are doing that some would say is screwing them as well, like the possibility of essentially banning used games on their consoles, if they even decide to go through with it. Although, I will admit, Nintendo does need better third party support, and they need to work on getting their hardware more up to date. I love Nintendo, and they've finally gotten on the same level graphics wise (for the most part), but they need to work on processing speed/power. But even among that, what keeps Nintendo going is the people who still love games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and the other constant franchises Nintendo since the NES/SNES days. Much like Sony & Microsoft have their key games that keep them up, like Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield. Fact of the matter is, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all have different pros and cons, and those different pros all appeal to different types of gamers. No one console is really better than any other, it's all dependent on the likes of the individual gamer. Like myself, I love Nintendo, and I'll drop money for just about any console Nintendo puts out. I plan on getting a Wii U, but at the same time, if I'm not in the mood to kick ass with Mario or Link, I'll gladly pick up my PS3 controller and attempt to tear shit up in Call of Duty. Or I'll pick some pockets with Sly Cooper. Every console has it's strengths and weakness, and fighting over which one is better is just plain stupid.
  • BladedFalcon - February 17, 2013 9:13 a.m.

Kinda late to the party here mate, but still you made a reasonable, coherent post, so I'll bite. You're right of course, that all the consoles have their pros and cons, and all that. But if you think we were fighting over which console is better, I think you were kinda missing the point. I wasn't championing or outright damning any single company so much as I was simply pointing out that the news revealed in that Nintendo presentation wasn't the super return to form that this article made it sound to be. So it wasn't about saying which is better, but mainly pointing out the shortcomings that sometimes journalists and specially fan-boys love to ignore about a specific console. It's the same thing for those who are in denial and think the Vita is doing great in terms of games, or that all it needs to turn itself around is to slash the price >_>;
  • avantguardian - January 27, 2013 4:26 p.m.

sorry dude, but i just have to say, you're delusional if you think you aren't a fanboy... opinions really has nothing to do with it.
  • HyruleKing - February 17, 2013 3:38 p.m.

"Try and be more open minded of other people's opinions will you??" "The Wii U really is a spectacular return to form for Nintendo..." "Nintendo has outdone themselves this time, but still some ignorant "hardcore" gamers only see blood for Nintendo no matter what they do." "they can't handle being told in any formal fashion that Nintendo does indeed not suck." Calling everyone who doesn't like Nintendo and thinks it sucks "ignorant" is unbiased and not fanboyish? Because to me, that sounds like you're being a very biased fanboy. "That is an immature strategy used by children and politicians." Because calling Nintendo haters "ignorant" simply for disliking Nintendo is totally mature...
  • ParagonT - January 26, 2013 4:19 p.m.

To be honest, I really think you're trolling here. Avatar aside of course.
  • BladedFalcon - January 26, 2013 9:39 p.m.

What gets me is that every time I see him post, is not only in favor of Nintendo in Nintendo favoring articles, but that he always must use a condescending, "superior than thou, and if you disagree you are wrong" attitude. Yet never actually engages in rational discussion.
  • Lurkero - January 26, 2013 5:17 a.m.

Nothing about Nintendo's announcement is realized yet. Besides, Nintendo announced a bunch of first party games that will be similar to past first party games and a few 3rd party games. When those plans become actual things and everything is positively received then I think there will be a case for calling WiiU a must have.
  • Facelord - January 25, 2013 11:43 p.m.

This isn't a hardcore must-have just because they announced a few third-party games and some more franchise-milking in the form of Mario and Zelda(another damn remake, even). The hardware will never be decent, they should've applied their "bad games are bad forever, good ones are classics" ideology to the hardware. Why didn't they, why's the Wii U so horrendously underpowered? It's because the tablet controller eats half the hardware production budget for the system. This is why it's more expensive than a PS3 or 360 and performs at about their level, even without a hard drive bay or bluray support. So no, it's not a must-have. It's not even a want-to-have for me, it's a slap to the face. When they showed off the Gamecube before release they showed off a Zelda game with a more realistic art style, and later gave us Wind Waker with its more whimsical art style. When they showed off the Wii U they came prepared with a Zelda tech demo with a more realistic style. Now they're underdelivering with a REMAKE of that very same whimsical Zelda game. Unacceptable, it's the same reason I refunded my 3DS- terrible hardware paired with stuff like that overpriced Ocarina of Time remake that proved that Nintendo isn't out to make new things, they just wanna milk their older creations until they're dry. I'm thinking I'll never see the Wii U as a must-have, I may never even want it until it's dirt-cheap(sub-$100). I grew up a Nintendo gamer and hoped they'd go down in a more respectable manner, but I guess it's not happening the way it should. I have no interest in modern Nintendo. I may have stuck with them for almost two decades as a dedicated fan, but the Wii was a wake-up call, the 3DS is the biggest disappointment I've ever had in my gamer life and the Wii U isn't any better. It depresses me, but they're just not the Nintendo I grew to love throughout my life. If they don't support my values or meet my expectations of quality, why should I cut them any slack? They're not MY Nintendo, they're some soulless bastardization chasing the pseudo-success of the Wii, when in reality the Wii only sold the units it did because people like my grandmother bought it in droves for Wii Sports. Third-party game sales were awful on the Wii, the only things that sold were a few major Nintendo exclusives; overall the system was quite a bit less successful than the PS3 or 360 in my eyes, pleasing less fans and reaching a much smaller audience of actual gamers. The Wii U will not see that level of "success" from casuals and it certainly won't see any of their old success with core gamers, outside of their dedicated(and pitiable, as they're being stepped on) fanbase. Good, maybe if it flops they'll rethink their entire strategy and actually TRY next time.
  • Redeater - January 25, 2013 9:56 p.m.

I just want something to play on it already! Actually, aside from some of the dumber decisions (tying accounts to consoles) Nintendo really has gotten with the times. I really enjoyed the Miiverse for the first couple months but now it is just riddled with wanna-be trolls and kids trying everything they can to post offensive things. The game I'm excited for is the non-sequel Xenoblade game. I'm currently playing it now and it is definitely once of the best RPGs of this generation. Zelda? Great news! I'm especially loving the "ground up" approach they are taking with this game. One thing that worries me though is that "multiplayer" bit they mentioned. If they keep it to a minimum like SMBG I won't mind but I don't want it to be intrusive.