• Elitepwnsface - July 3, 2013 3:38 p.m.

I wouldn't because i have it on pc and have done all the modding stuff. Could't really see myself buying it again for a console...
  • usmovers_02 - July 3, 2013 8:06 p.m.

Exactly. I started the Elder Scrolls series with Morrowind on X-Box then Oblivion on 360. I thought they were the greatest games ever made. Then I played them on PC and now I can honestly say I have no idea why I liked them on consoles. The difference is night and day. This franchise was designed for computers.
  • avantguardian - July 3, 2013 8:21 p.m.

'the difference is night and day'. no. no it's not. i've played both versions (with a maxed pc). they're almost identical. they play the same. they feel the same. the inventory is the same. some better textures is not 'night and day'.
  • janishewski - July 4, 2013 12:08 a.m.

Yes, yes it is. The Morrowind Graphics Overhaul brings Morrowind past Oblivion and almost up to vanilla Skyrim levels along with all the extra content available adds dozens of hours to the game and fundamentally changes the way it plays. I run an Oblivion game with over 100 mods that changes every aspect of the game and adds thousands of items and dozens of hours of story content, at least equal to the amount that shipped in the original game. Skyrim with an ENB alone makes it look next gen, not to mention massive tweaks from realistic weather and effects to hundreds of new monsters, quests,items, even menus for inventory, etc. And this is all on a 6 year old Dell I bought for around 1200$ and added nothing to. If you don't know how to mod, then there was no point in buying the PC version (go to the skyrim nexus, it takes about 10 minutes of downloads and tutorial vids to teach modding with Nexus Mod Manager). We are talking a heck of a lot more than some better textures. Your either lying, or you wasted your time and money buying a PC version, but they are absolutely not the same.
  • avantguardian - July 4, 2013 7:23 a.m.

i only bought it for modding, that doesn't change the core fundamentals of the game, which are the same across multiple platforms, and even versions of elder scrolls. adding more crap (i can see my pouches!) doesn't change the combat, or make the characters any better. if the game is boring enough to make me quit well before the end (i'm about halfway through the story, in 250 hrs), more quests, better weather, and such won't matter.
  • usmovers_02 - July 4, 2013 2:18 p.m.

So... you didn't try any combat or race mods then. What mods do you use exactly? Not many is my guess.
  • avantguardian - July 4, 2013 2:59 p.m.

obviously we have a different definition of what 'night and day' means. races aren't characters. all of the 'realism' mods are the same old shit. i tried the tk mods, same old shit. my problem lies with the engine. it's clunky and outdated. in three years, it will be even more so. no amount of makeup will make an old man young again. i'm sorry if my opinion on this not to your liking. enjoy your pc elitism!
  • rayoisyou1 - July 4, 2013 2:49 a.m.

mods
  • rodger-walker - July 4, 2013 11:25 a.m.

but mods. mods make the difference and fix what was broken and then build on that.(sometimes)
  • usmovers_02 - July 4, 2013 2:15 p.m.

You can't max out the vanilla Skyrim experience. You have to use mods. Add mods to Skyrim and the difference is night and day.
  • majorsuave - July 3, 2013 8:41 p.m.

yup. Next Gen is now
  • kazandar - July 3, 2013 3:34 p.m.

Ya my family would definetly be blowing time and money on next gen and sky rim.
  • JMarsella09 - July 3, 2013 3:08 p.m.

The thing about Skyrim Mods, and the main reason I would rebuy it if I could afford a gaming PC, is that mods do more than add extra effects and pretty the game. I want the campaign mods, the new characters, the custom towns. Otherwise I see no point in buying Skyrim again.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - July 3, 2013 2:39 p.m.

I would definitely buy it; even if I had to restart and make a new character, it would be totally worth it.
  • rodger-walker - July 4, 2013 11:26 a.m.

you can actually transfer your character from console to PC. all you need is a USB stick, I forget how to do it exactly though...
  • HowlPendragon - July 3, 2013 2:10 p.m.

"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: a game that will be 3 years old by the time PS4 and Xbox One hit the shelves." I didn't realize November 2011 to November 2013 was 3 years.
  • majorsuave - July 3, 2013 8:38 p.m.

This is what I thought. Time 2.0 it does not obey to the same laws.
  • janishewski - July 4, 2013 12:13 a.m.

Don't know what your reading. It says 2 years.
  • HowlPendragon - July 4, 2013 4:32 a.m.

Obviously he edited it now.
  • shawksta - July 3, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Good article but there's no reason to put work on a next gen version instead of a new game entirely BUT I still have Skyrim in my 360 and I have yet to play it and that's gonna be bad when its a huge game but I'll probably take long before getting an Xbone, look at me now, I was expecting myself to get a Wii U around now but im still so far T_T
  • MadMan - July 3, 2013 1:47 p.m.

Fuck Elder Scrolls, where the fuck is Fallout 4???
  • Arobadope - July 3, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Same place you left your brain.
  • Elitepwnsface - July 3, 2013 3:39 p.m.

At the moment i have to agree. Played the crap out of the tes that are currently in the wild, along with the fallouts as well. Need some more fallout juice.