Topics

Week of Hate

• booogly - April 29, 2011 12:34 a.m.

MW2 was the game I bought an XBOX 360 for, and the online play is awesome. I started out terrible, and have only recently got my lifetime kill/death ratio over 1, and often come top of the team deathmatch table, yet apparently, over 67% of the people who play with me mark me down for playing with cheating/underhand tactics...Seriously?!?
  • hester2 - April 29, 2011 12:27 a.m.

I'll admit it, I am godawful when it comes to online shooters. I just don't have the reaction time or the awareness to see someone before they put a bullet in me. That's why I love Battlefield. I can still contribute by performing support actions, and every now and then I may be able to pull off something badass. Sit me down in front of an NES or SNES, though, and I will school you.
  • Siion - April 29, 2011 12:20 a.m.

I have my good days and my bad days and i am the first to admit when its the lesser. Great article.
  • p0wnd - April 29, 2011 12:18 a.m.

You forgot those who get quite hot under the collar while playing single player games, then they just take it a step too far
  • skynetiscoming - April 29, 2011 12:18 a.m.

I love your use of douche bags to personify the annoying shits you talk about in the article. I love going on Machinima Respawn to listen to kids (I assume) leave comments about how the very, very talented FPS players are "noobs" for using the "noob guns." Hilarious article.
  • HankVenture - April 29, 2011 12:10 a.m.

I got blamed for cheating once.... I was kicking SOOO much ass :D I do admit, when someone is destroying me I simply think they are cheating, but i never say anything and I keep playing with them to figure out how they are killing me so much
  • D0CCON - April 29, 2011 12:10 a.m.

I'm actually fully aware that I suck huge time at Gears of War multiplayer. I'll still complain about it, but I do know it's my fault (although quite a bit of the lag in that game is real, but again, it's nowhere near the biggest issue, I am)
  • ichigoame - April 29, 2011 12:09 a.m.

I have way too many uncompleted games to call myself a great gamer,it's a skill i'm only ''ok'' at. But I do sometimes get pissed at certain game aspects which make it only good to play if you're ok with repetitive shit. I used to be a HUUUGE fan of RPG's and finished a few of them, But as I've grown up I hate grinding, it just takes up too much time..oh what's that? 100 hours gameplay!!?? oh small print 75 hours of this will go towards running around in circles fighting random enemies >.< I'm not great at SFIV but I know it's my problem because the game is great and the movement is smooth, I think blazblue is pretty stiff though and I feel like when I do stuff it doesn't recognise my commands -.-'
  • Clovin64 - April 29, 2011 12:09 a.m.

I've openly admitted many times that I suck ass at every game under the sun. Does that mean that I might actually be like, really good? Probably not. I've met several of these Terribad players in real life, and yes, they are total douchebags.
  • DJQQ - April 29, 2011 12:05 a.m.

@Dman3981- It's not so much that a skillful player can't adapt to changes in the game. It's more about how the more watered down a game becomes, the less challenging and fun it is. What's the point in having a competitive game if the gameplay mechanics are so easy, everyone can be decent at it? Great article, wish I had this handy for whenever I run into these people.
  • CombatWombat101 - April 28, 2011 11:59 p.m.

This entire article sums up my feelings perfectly.
  • mylittlepwny0802 - April 28, 2011 11:58 p.m.

God this article was just amazing. This is most prevalent in CoD games for sures.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - April 28, 2011 11:56 p.m.

I generally have a sub-par skill at games, and for some reason I'm always put into matches full of terribads. Makes me feel great for a while as some moron is trying to melee me from 10 feet away whilst stuck behind a rock, but it then makes me sad because according to servers, I'm just as bad and I'm exposed to a hell of a lot of abuse.
  • Manguy17 - April 28, 2011 11:53 p.m.

Wow i can totally relate to this, I know that when my freind thinks that alien vs predator is worthy of a 10/10, yet mass effect 2 is only an 8 or lower, that i cant trust his judgement on games.
  • terdferguson - April 28, 2011 11:44 p.m.

I suck so bad at World In Conflict online. It sucks because no one is really helpful about it.
  • HitmanSB07 - April 28, 2011 11:44 p.m.

Can we have a "Why we hate gamers who think they're awesome" feature next? Or did you guys do that already? That was great by the way.
  • Dman3981 - April 28, 2011 11:43 p.m.

"It’s possible for skillful, competitive games to become watered-down shadows of their former selves as devs cave to the crummy players. Eventually the good players will leave when the game becomes dumbed-down, and then the skill-less have only themselves to play with, and even then they’ll find things to whine about." I don't get it though. Even if a game gets watered down shouldn't the skillful player have no problem anyways? If you are good than you will have no problem with changes, as you will always be better at what the crap players are doing.
  • paganpoet - April 28, 2011 11:39 p.m.

I have no problem admitting when I'm awful at a game. The fact is apparent to me when I get my ass handed to me in SSFIV online battles. Still fun though!
  • blakebeauchamp - April 28, 2011 11:38 p.m.

Alex, I know you're reading this and thinking "BLAKE, BLAKE, BLAKE, BLAKE." and you may be right. AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS, I'm loving this week of hate.
  • Japanaman - April 28, 2011 11:38 p.m.

I admit, every time I win Halo, it's due to luck. So I do talk trash, but never to online opponents. Only to opponents who could beat me up right where I sit. Yes, I'm also not too bright.