Topics

Week of Hate

• LupineStorm - April 29, 2011 9:57 p.m.

Why this is quite possibly the greatest article ever. Maybe you'll successfully change someone? It's possible to change, I should know. I went from terribad to somewhat ok at both Starcraft II and League of Legends, and I frequent the forums on both, so I know exactly what we're talking about here heh.
  • Zzombie99 - April 29, 2011 8:48 p.m.

I'm by no means great, but I don't suck beyond belief. What I do all the time is switch up strategies a few times a match, especially in FPSes.
  • Bantha_Fodder - April 29, 2011 8:48 p.m.

please mention fanboys during this week of hate... "X was better before it was ported to Y" "Now that they added Y to X, X is total shit" "You think you know ANYTHING about X? I played X back when it was nothing like it is today, so anything you say is invalid" c'mon, it's PERFECT for GRWOH:2011
  • Sharkbot - April 29, 2011 6:12 p.m.

“SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET THE BIG BOYS AND GIRLS SHOW YOU HOW IT’S DONE.” God, how that phrase comes to mind so quickly.
  • Slayer11496 - April 29, 2011 5:58 p.m.

heh, myself and many of my shooter friends were once ACTUALLY THOUGHT TO BE HACKERS in call of duty WaW. I found that so ironic considering that every five matches i found a guy who was playing with a modded controller. I love online play, but some of the people I find are total bastards. Again great article.
  • JBizFoShiz - April 29, 2011 5:31 p.m.

"armchair Pattons" ftw! i've never been a highly ranked gamer on ANY online game, but i did pretty decently on AC:B. back before terribads (love that term) just hijacked the servers. with the truly good players now playing "assassinate", i'm stuck playing "wanted" with level 50 guys who still run on rooftops and walk up to me using templar vision. to the uninitiated, these are fail tactics. worst part is, these level 50 guys doing this are inspiring the lower level players to do these same things! "they've maxed out their experience, so they must know what they're doing!" so, now we just have matches where freaking HALF the lobby runs everywhere, resulting in poor scoring matches. /end rant
  • maxmorrow - April 29, 2011 5:19 p.m.

What I got from this article: Hair product=bad at video games.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - April 29, 2011 4:20 p.m.

I don't make mistakes or poor choices when gaming, so you know, this article doesn't really apply to me. I'm just too good at everything I play, ya know? Why can't the terribads be like me and just drop their ego?
  • snipes101 - April 29, 2011 4:06 p.m.

I've been guilty of one or two of these before #looks sheepishly at feet. I will be working on it.
  • avery78 - April 29, 2011 3:40 p.m.

I seem to run into this a lot on Black Ops, sitting in matchmaking room, someone jumps in and starts running their mouth right away, when they are about to lose they leave with either less than 30 secs on clock left or when score it almost at max. I also see the guy on same team who is 1-16 talking about how everyone else on team sux and hes the only one in the negative.
  • murphdog53 - April 29, 2011 3:35 p.m.

I controversially Use the grenade launcher, but i manage to keep up my k/d spread to the point of pro piping instead of noob tube. sure its unfair but it works. the terribads are the ones on chat calling me a "noob tubing asshole." there's a difference, learn it.
  • hanktherapper - April 29, 2011 3:32 p.m.

I always hate it when people complain about games being too easy when they play on easy difficulty and complain about easy puzzles when they used a guide the whole time.
  • Aletheon - April 29, 2011 2:56 p.m.

What I hate the most is how so many gamers don't adapt and judge a game based on it's merits, as opposed to some douche-scale that prevents them from enjoying anything that isn't duderiffic enough for some weed-fueled multiplayer party among their lame "friends". Now that games are moving so much towards multiplayer, it has hurt the ability of developers to make really great single player games, and that is annoying for those of us that might not want to constantly jump into DudeBro land and boringly kill and get killed over and over like groundhog day.
  • rabidpotatochip - April 29, 2011 2:29 p.m.

This was hands down the single best article on GR. /win As a "good" player (according to the leaderboards I'm in the top 50% =p), the only kind of person I really hate play with is the terribad. My favorite experience was playing TF2 with one guy who was convinced our team was getting trounced because we didn't have a medic, not because the other guys were just godly amazing, he kept yelling into the mic "somebody go medic! We need more medics! Why the fuck are there no medics??!" So I told him he should go medic if he felt it was so important, to which the response was "stfu noob" and a rage quit. Bad players are fun because I occasionally like beating the crap out of someone who has no hope of winning, I know they're not going to stay bad forever so it feels like I'm actually helping mold them into a better gamer. Sometimes it's fun to be the punching bad for the great players because I feel like they're making me a better player too. Win or lose I don't care, as long as it's honest.
  • brentsonier - April 29, 2011 1:44 p.m.

YES! lets have a Why we HATE Elitist pricks article.
  • BaraChat - April 29, 2011 1:08 p.m.

The sad thing about this whole "problem", is that most of those terribads won't ever admit it even if you give them a list full of cold hard facts about why they're deluded. For Christ's sake, they ARE deluded. It's hopeless and it makes me sad.
  • SilentTee - April 29, 2011 12:13 p.m.

Sports games and FPS... I'm horrible at all of them. Plus those genres don't interest me so maybe that's why I'm not good.
  • teekayo - April 29, 2011 11:55 a.m.

Thank You for this.
  • jackthemenace - April 29, 2011 11:19 a.m.

OK, I'm bad. I KNOW I'm bad. I HATE CoD BECAUSE I'm bad. But SURELY I'm not THIS bad... RIGHT...!?
  • PaulieWaulie - April 29, 2011 11:13 a.m.

GamesRadar back to top form :0)