• vegeta224 - July 25, 2012 2:48 p.m.

God I love this series I even started to record the first game because of the nostalgia if you are like me and were caught up check it out http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4B934FBA12D42685&feature=mh_lolz
  • pinoklin - July 25, 2012 1:56 p.m.

I love KH2, just give it a shot and leave your "maturity" behind for a minute to enjoy a truly awesome title.
  • Clovin64 - July 25, 2012 1:52 p.m.

I just played through KH2 recently on my PS2 so I can add my two cents here. I love the game overall due to its charm, presentation, soundtrack, great worlds, characters and voice acting (Christopher Lee! James Woods!), but the battle system felt very shallow to me. Mstly it was simply hammering the X buton to attack while occasionally using the Triangle button for a lite-QTE thingy. It didnt break the game for me, more I'd like to see more depth to the combat in KH3.
  • JMarsella09 - July 25, 2012 1:48 p.m.

I really wish we got the final mix version in America. All those extras just make the game better.
  • thomasratzo - July 25, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Don't know if this violates any rules but you can always download the Japanese one and apply the English patch xeeyamo has made.it works perfectly
  • JMarsella09 - July 25, 2012 4:17 p.m.

Nah, I know Japanese so if I really wanted to go through the effort I could just import it and buy a Japanese PS2. I'm just saying Final Mix adds a lot of really good stuff.
  • ChaosEternal - July 25, 2012 6:47 p.m.

Heh, I imported it even though I can't read Japanese. Not sure how I'll the setup will work, but I'll figure something out. Also, you can also just get Swapmagic (http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Magic-2-Disc-SWAPMAGIC-VERSION/dp/B004P50NOO) and Magic Switch, which has 4 versions for the different models of PS2. (http://www.keepgaming.com/maswprov4slv.html) A fliptop mod would also work. Buying a Japanese PS2 would certainly be easier though. :P
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - July 25, 2012 12:52 p.m.

i like square enix but my only problem is how can adults even young adults like it? sure we have all watched disney but that doesnt make a game good. final fantasy is better because the characters look cooler and have better weapons and races whereas this just puts badly designed characters with old disney characters which we are tired of seeing. i just dont get it.
  • burnsideking24 - July 25, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Have you even played through a Kingdom Hearts game? You shouldn't knock it before you've tried it. There's lots of adults and young adults that absolutely love the Kingdom Hearts series.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - July 25, 2012 3:34 p.m.

I have actually. like i said i dont know why people like the design and stuff not its terrible or whatever. none of these comments even answer my question.
  • Wesley-Seehorn - July 25, 2012 5:08 p.m.

Here's the answer to your question: Because fuck you, that's why.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - July 26, 2012 8:59 a.m.

ohoho i see ive gotten somebody upset with no effort at all :D
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 25, 2012 1:42 p.m.

Guys, guys... It's Captain Spain. To expect anything but incoherent, ignorant dribble is foolish.
  • ParagonT - July 25, 2012 3:38 p.m.

<---Hard time believing you've played the game.
  • avantguardian - July 25, 2012 8 p.m.

i was born in 1979, and disney cartoons (particularly donald duck) made up a huge part of my childhood. there's no denying that disney was different back then, and the nostalgia is real for me. final fantasy is one of the few truly important series for me, personally. as a teenager i could truly appreciate the stories (so much less of a cynical a-hole:), characters, and mechanics. without a doubt one of the BIG reasons i am a "gamer" today. i admit i was as skeptical as could be, and the first game was somewhat lacking (still great), but kh2 is a true classic (once you get past the rather slow beginning). great gameplay, graphics, rpg elements, and some of my fsvorite characters/settings from any medium. it just works. and while it's tempting to "grow out" of certain things, or whatever, why do it if they truly mean something to you? i hope that was helpful:D
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - July 26, 2012 9:01 a.m.

i guess i can understand that as i still like pokemon thanks to the original games so fair enough. thanks :)
  • Parorou - July 25, 2012 12:37 p.m.

I am a big fan of the series, but I'm not gonna come and give biased opinions or fanrage against comments. All I'm gonna say: They made Mickey Mouse a badass. And that's awesome.
  • ninjaemperor - July 25, 2012 12:25 p.m.

I've had to defend Kingdom Hearts 2 for years from people who say that the first is better, so I'm really happy to find that someone actually agrees with me on the sequel's superiority. I'm someone with very little nostalgia for this series, I didn't play 1 or 2 until 2008, but when I played both within a very short time period of one another, it was very clear that 2 was better than 1 by leaps and bounds. It had a better battle system (yes, it was easier, but I really don't get why that's so much of a problem when it has improved mechanics), better controls, I personally love how the story is, and, most importantly, the camera isn't broken as fuck. Seriously, going back to play KH1 is almost impossible its camera is so bad, KH2 is better in my opinion for that reason alone, even without the added worlds, battle systems, and characters. I really want KH3 to be announced soon, we need a real Kingdom Hearts on a console in full HD and with modern game design features.
  • fourteenaha - July 25, 2012 12:23 p.m.

Just to be different, I agree. I have such fond memories of this game and also KH1, really wanted to see KH3 on consoles so was a bit annoyed when they took the handheld route. It lost me slightly as to what I was supposed to play after 2. Also, dream drop distance, what does that even mean? 358/2 days, what does that even mean? birth by sleep, what does that even mean? But yeah, the game itself I absolutely love. Lent it to someone and never got it back sadly.
  • Cyberninja - July 25, 2012 1:24 p.m.

Minor Spoilers ahead. Dream Drop Distance means that they(Sora and Riku) are in the world of Dreams, Drop is the way they travel into different worlds, and Distance is to show they are separated. 358/2 days means that Roxas spent 358 days with Organization XIII and the /2 reflects that Xion was his other half because she was Sora's memories. Birth By Sleep means a few different things but the most important is Terra's heart is trapped(or asleep) which gave birth to Xehenort. The games did get alot better after 2 with BBS being my personally favorite since I haven't played 3D yet.