• BackwaterRifle - January 5, 2014 5:46 p.m.

Fallout Players should install the Tale of Two Wastelands mods, makes New Vegas a Fallout playground.
  • Princeofgaming12 - January 5, 2014 3:16 p.m.

Any real gamer keeps gaming just because its who they are.
  • dzedi - January 4, 2014 4:25 a.m.

A great article, that combines presenting a possibly new, awesome game and making us remember, why we started playing games. Thank you and have a great year.
  • kachigop - January 3, 2014 9:48 p.m.

Was I the only one that thought Gone Home was really scary? The whole atmosphere had me on edge until the very end. That said, it was one of my favorite "gaming experiences" of the year. Also, this comment is being marked as spam for some reason so I'm gonna type this extra sentence to see if that helps.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 3, 2014 8:03 p.m.

just keep gaming,just keep gaming, what do we do, just keep gaming, just keep gaming.
  • BladedFalcon - January 3, 2014 1:46 p.m.

Amen to this, pretty much my mantra when it comes to games to begin with. Which is why I think i can enjoy pretty much most games that AREN'T multiplayer focused, since I play a game to have FUN or enjoy a story that they are telling me. I adapt to what the game is offering me, instead of demanding the game to be something it's not. Which is why I've never understood people who bash or give crap to games that aren't necessarily about gameplay or challenges, and likewise, people that bemoan games that are meant to be super challenging and unforgiving by design. (I'm looking at you Hollander Cooper...) Both approaches and many others have their own merits and charms, and actually I'd say it's one of the reason this medium is so amazing: Is incredibly varied.
  • shawksta - January 4, 2014 2:16 a.m.

" and likewise, people that bemoan games that are meant to be super challenging and unforgiving by design. (I'm looking at you Hollander Cooper...)" Hah, is that about Meta Gear Rising's Parry or was that someone else's complaint? :P
  • StoneDreadnaught - January 3, 2014 12:17 p.m.

Titles like Gone Home, The Stanley Parable and Kentucky Route 0 are the reason why I've started calling games 'Interactive Experiences'. Yes it's clunky to use in conversation (I just shorten it to IE then have to explain why I'm not talking about the application), but I think it's a better way to classify these titles that simply don't fit with the classification of 'game'.
  • shawksta - January 3, 2014 12:10 p.m.

Yeah the games are better when played for fun, and I have the same feeling when playing Killer Instinct as a fighting game, the effects and everything are just amazing and still wrong about Tom saying it looks like street fighter 4. One game that I feel is 2013's most underrated is The Wonderful 101, most people (except Justin, his complaints are totally different) were rushing through the game to get to the end and finish said review to make a date. This game isn't meant for that, because its controls are complex and because people only cared to get to the end, shoved their criticisms about said controls instead of learning through them. As an arcade type game, its about repeatability and having said fun you stated Dave. Heck it was a spiritual Viewtiful Joe and a new IP, how easily this game was thrown off makes me think people's expectations are shallow, or its simply just another case of Kid Icarus Uprising syndrome.
  • PoisonWar - January 3, 2014 11:44 a.m.

Just played Continue?9876543210, i suggest you give it a go, it's wierd. But in a good way.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 3, 2014 11:43 a.m.

That's true, but that's not gonna stop games that are clearly made to care more about story from doing that.
  • StrayGator - January 3, 2014 10:34 a.m.

...and you wrote all that sitting in front of a desk next to Justin?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - January 3, 2014 11:22 a.m.

I did fear that the sentiment might make him burst into flames, but somehow I got away with it.
  • GR_AndyHartup - January 3, 2014 11:28 a.m.

Honestly - I leave you and Justin on your own for a couple of days, and you start trolling each other on the site... ;-)
  • BladedFalcon - January 3, 2014 1:57 p.m.

That only makes things more entertaining for the rest of us! :D (And you should have heard the podcast... it was pretty much always a full on match between Dave and Justin every time Matt Cundy loosened up in his role as a host and moderator XD)
  • Rhymenocerous - January 3, 2014 10:30 a.m.

That paragraph about GTAV... That's what GTA is all about for me. I just wish the line between missions and free-roaming was a little more blurred, more along the lines of The Elder Scrolls series. By the way Dave, have you played Journey on PS3? That, is MINT. For want of a better term.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - January 3, 2014 11:24 a.m.

I ADORE Journey. So endlessly explorable, even after you've travelled the main story. So much atmosphere to lap up, and so much ambient storytelling.
  • SonicHunter - January 3, 2014 10:26 a.m.

I see where you're coming from, and agree. I love brawl not because I can win, but because I enjoy demonstrating my skills at the game. I don't care if I win or lose unless the other people I'm playing with are being cheap.
  • austinfloyd85 - January 3, 2014 10:07 a.m.

I used to like online multiplayer, but so many of them are frustratingly competitive and the skill level is extremely diverse. I suck because I don't play shooters a lot, so I just don't play online. Players with low levels or brand new players get booted so fast, it's no longer fun.
  • Historian - January 3, 2014 10:02 a.m.

Gaming is the journey, not the destination.