• Moondoggie1157 - January 17, 2013 7:28 p.m.

Still kinda skeptical... Far Cry 2 pissed me off. I never got into AC, I think I tried the 2nd one, but got bored pretty quickly... Thanks for the great article, Mikel!
  • joabbuac - January 17, 2013 8:29 p.m.

Moondoggie1157 Me too, but it pretty much takes away any flaws i thought the 2nd game has....every single one. I think you should give it a shot.
  • threadspool - January 17, 2013 5:16 p.m.

If you play the optional homestead missions, Connor gets a lot more endearing and rounded out as a character. Give it a shot.
  • gerard-guckian - January 17, 2013 4:56 p.m.

First off Far Cry 3 is one of the best games of 2012 beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's not with out it's faults/bugs/crashes but they are so far and few between that it never distracts from the fun. I love they way there is no right/wrong way to approach missions and the environment is more of danger then any of the pirate/mercs (I think my death count is higher from surprise animals attacks then anything else) and after dying trying the same approach does not always net the same results But it also feels very similar to AS in several aspects (the icons for for treasure and some objectives are shared for example) and there are shoutout's to several other games dotted throughout the islands (AS, Portal, and GTA to name a few) but the only thing I can honestly gripe is the length, after 60+ hours (I'm an obsessive magpie) I just wanted more :) (how many times have you said that about a game lately :-D )
  • joabbuac - January 17, 2013 4:15 p.m.

I should say anything i say is related to all AC games before 3, because i haven't played it.
  • joabbuac - January 17, 2013 4:13 p.m.

Honestly Far Cry 2 also took many cues from Assassins Creed, this is just an evolution of that. But yes, Far Cry 3 is very similar....and does it all better....apart from climbing, dodgy climbing.
  • obviouslyadouche - January 17, 2013 3:45 p.m.

"WHERE IS CHARLES LEE, I HAVE TO KILL CHARLES LEE!" Honestly they should have just stuck with Haytham throughout assassins creed 3, way more interesting then Connor and it would have actually been interesting to play as a Templar.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 17, 2013 3:20 p.m.

Wow, why didn't I make that finger-loss comparison before? Awesome article, Far Cry 3 really did set the bar for open-world games (if it didn't have much replay value--arguably one of the biggest draws of said genre). No glitches (at least for me), detailed and believable, and incredibly expansive ways to complete missions. Also, it's nice to see your face again, Mikel. I got a little too excited when I saw your portrait.
  • 7-D - January 17, 2013 3:19 p.m.

That was fun. I was thinking the same thing playing Dishonored recently, remembered thinking "now THIS, is what being an assassin should feel like.. cobblers to Assassin's Creed".
  • Clovin64 - January 17, 2013 2:40 p.m.

Wikiparez has spoken! Funny enough, I just finished my second playthrough of Dishonored recently and I keep thinking that it pulls off satisfying assassination missions a hell of a lot better than AC3, which suffered from an odd lack of actual, y'know... ASSASSINATING.
  • profile0000 - January 17, 2013 2:02 p.m.

Great read. I agree wholly, considering I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and ASCIII let me down. And, holy shit, MIKEL!!!
  • BladedFalcon - January 17, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Same... I've been WANTING to play Far Cry 3 for the last month, but I haven't been able to grab a hold of it yet T_T Anyway, HAIL!!! THE KING OF ALL BEARDS IS BACK!
  • ObliqueZombie - January 17, 2013 3:16 p.m.

Dude, you NEED to. I was apprehensive of of the island setting and was planning on not being too keen on it, but... GOT(last)Y, next to Dishonored for me.
  • BladedFalcon - January 17, 2013 6:31 p.m.

You make it sound as if I haven't gotten it yet because I didn't want to :P If I say I haven't able to get it, it's because virtually nowhere near where I live has it yet :P
  • ObliqueZombie - January 18, 2013 11:23 a.m.

A-A-A-AMAZOOOOON!
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2013 2:41 p.m.

....In Mexico, buddy? :P
  • ObliqueZombie - January 18, 2013 10:05 p.m.

I don't see why not. I ordered things from there that came from Japan and China, so shipping to Mexico doesn't seem too far fetched.
  • BladedFalcon - January 19, 2013 11:26 a.m.

Don't really feel like paying the customs tax :P (Which can go as much as 50 bucks sometimes...) Besides, the point is now moot, because jsut a couple minutes ago, my local retailer finally came trough, and I have the copy in my hands! Whoo!
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 17, 2013 1:06 p.m.

I need to play Far Cry 3. Btw...YAY MIKEL!!!