• homestar99 - March 26, 2014 1:42 a.m.

I'm sorry if anyone takes offense to this but I just had to say this. Fuck Facebook. I only signed up for benefits in games and 'cos it was easier than listening to women never shut their fucking mouths about it. It's a pile of shit that makes everyone believe that people care about the trivial activities they do every day. It makes people think that others care about the stupid shit they do. I think it exists so it can give a false sense that people care. When somebody talks about boring things like they're more important than anyone or anything else around them I want to stove their head in with a brick. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Facebook and gaming should stay the fuck away from each other and Mark Zuckerburg should have his head stoved in with a brick for creating a life sharing site and making me lose faith in OC. Project Morpheus is now my preferred future VR headset for not being associated with twats.
  • pl4y4h - March 26, 2014 8:33 a.m.

Man, I'd hate to see your rant about Twitter!
  • homestar99 - March 26, 2014 8:58 a.m.

Twitter: Facebook with word restriction and even more sharing about your pointless day. The thing that makes it even worse is that it brought on the age of incorrectly spelling things to "save time" and "make do with typing restrictions". How bout instead people get a life, delete their accounts, and actually do something in their lives other than inform people what they're doing every second of the day 'cos they think their lives are interesting when in reality they should all be bricked in the head. Fuck Twitter. Oh, and as long as I'm on a roll, FUCK HASHTAGS!!!!!!!!! Every time I see one I think "brick stoving time!" and proceed to wonder why someone would EVER want to click on one of them. They're like a little figurehead on top of the giant gates to social media hell. The turd someone took on an already gross and badly made mud pie. It just makes something terrible become appalling to look at. On second thought, remember all those times I said "stove insert name here's head in with a brick". Change that to having a shotgun shoved up their ass and then fired. Social media can go fuck itself.
  • pl4y4h - March 26, 2014 9:28 a.m.

Hashtags are for idiots and I lose respect for each person that uses them
  • Moondoggie1157 - March 27, 2014 7:19 p.m.

Homestar, as usual your comments are filled to the brim with truth. I couldn't agree with you more.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - March 26, 2014 12:56 p.m.

I'm less offended by your dislike of Facebook and more confused that you think it's a platform used exclusively by women (who, as a gender, you collectively seem to hate).
  • wiitard07 - March 26, 2014 1:46 p.m.

Sexist internet rants are totes liberating Lucas. hardly offending to one group in particular:)
  • homestar99 - March 26, 2014 10:24 p.m.

I don't think it's used exclusively by women. Women are just more annoying about it. I hate it when anybody talks about it or forces me to look at something on it. Women just do it more. I still resent the men who use it non stop, I just don't see as many men doing it to me as I do women.
  • unmeaty - March 27, 2014 9:54 a.m.

It's "stave" man, not "stove". Jesus Christ.
  • homestar99 - March 27, 2014 6:20 p.m.

It's stove in my town. But I'll use stave in future exchanges.
  • ZeeCaptain - March 28, 2014 7:33 p.m.

I thought to myself then 'There is one I could follow. There is one I could call King'.
  • ZeeCaptain - March 25, 2014 11:08 p.m.

Good, it's about time I can play farmvile with virtual reality goggles.
  • alllifeinfate - March 25, 2014 11:02 p.m.

That's good, and a relief to know... truth be told, it was surprising at first but after reading this article, my mind has been put at ease, and even filled with anticipation.
  • Shigeruken - March 25, 2014 9:30 p.m.

I wish disney had the foresight to pick them up.
  • BladedFalcon - March 26, 2014 12:06 a.m.

You want the behemoth to keep growing?:P Granted, so far it seems that out of all the Mega Media Corporations, Disney has done the best job with their new acquired companies or assets. But still... Who can say when Disney could go into another Eisner-like dark period again? :P
  • Shigeruken - March 26, 2014 8:07 p.m.

Haha, admit it, flying around in the Iron Man would be a demo for the Oculus than farmville. Although I suppose it is entirely possible that disney will go apeshit sometime and destroy all their properties. Let's hope the Avengers keeps making those billions!
  • brickman409 - March 25, 2014 9:05 p.m.

I'm not sure how I feel about this
  • PlainLikeVanilla - March 25, 2014 8:13 p.m.

I went from being cautiously excited about this to complete lack of interest in the blink of $2,000,000,000. I think Notch said it best when he cancelled the mincraft port to the rift, "Facebook creeps me out".
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 25, 2014 6:17 p.m.

Where were you when gaming died? Facebook buys Oculus Rift saying bullshit like "GAMING FIRST HURR" when they themselves have a shitty social game base Anita and her Social Justice Crusade ruined gaming journalism Devs being okay to release half finished games and sell it at full price Nintendo just keeps getting shit thrown at them no matter what the fuck they do. Kickstarters are now becoming scams
  • BladedFalcon - March 25, 2014 7:17 p.m.

I think you're giving Anita way too much credit there :P Also, you are overgeneralizing waaaay too much, making it sound like ALL or even MOST devs are okay with released half finished games and sell it at full price, or that mos kickstarters are scams. Not saying they are all winners of course, but so far a lot of good had come out of kickstarted project, not just bad shit. Also, Nintendo is just reaping what it has sown. You claim they are shitting on them no matter what they do... Yet what exactly has Nintendo done in the past 6 months? they released one pretty good game for the Wii U (Tropical Freeze) and that about sums up all that the Wii U has going for it 3 months in this new year.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 25, 2014 8:06 p.m.

My points are statements you would hear around regarding the status of the Industry. My comment about Kickstarters are when stupid shit starts happening during said Kickstarter, for example the whole Dina Disaster with Mighty Number 9. These statements aren't up for analyzing cause of course they are exaggerated. Also this isn't about Nintendo now, its about their entire life. N64 was shat on, Gamecube was shat on, Wii was shat on and now Wii U, no matter how good the games are, there's always a way to bring the subject of Nintendoom. The worst part is that nobody will ever win. Everytime people will blab Nintendoom even when Nintendo finds a succeed point and the fine statement of "Hey I know we all joke about Nintendo being doomed but they are actually doomed this time" will eventually come to past every single year. And lets be honest here, their handheld business flourish because westerners don't give a shit to make competition. Also regarding the time for release, at least their worth it 3D World and Tropical Freeze are fantastically made and the Wii U currently has a good library, meanwhile what happened? Knack, Thief, Lords of Shadows 2, Xbox's launch, PS4's launch and such. Of course this isn't about stating that Nintendo has the best games ohohoho no, what treatment did Nintendo get for 2 games? Nothing, just babies whinning about Tropical Freeze's difficulty and how Knack outsold 3D World when 3E World overpowered it in a month by reaching a million yet nobody gave a shit. The industry is so satisfied with Negative Nintendo news that its blood to a vampire. That's what im talking about.
  • BladedFalcon - March 26, 2014 12:01 a.m.

Or maybe, just maybe, you're too keen on focusing only on those who've talked badly about Nintendo :P Which is funny, because honestly, Nintendo has received a ton of good press on almost every part of their career as well, both from fans and press alike, both when it's warranted and not. Or should I remind you about guys like Matt Cassamassina? It's also funny you started your examples with the N64, the console and after in which I DO think the Nintendo consoles started sucking mainly because of the lack of third party support. And again, I doubt anyone ignores that almost all Nintendo consoles do get great games on it, (If they did, then why do people keep bringing up Mario 64 and Wind Waker? because they ARE aweosme games) it's just that for many (Myself included) Getting 2 or 3 good first party Nintendo games a year and not much else is hardly justifiable. Are you gonna get in my case for that? My problem with a lot of your posts is that you make it sound as if everyone did nothing but bitch and moan about Nintendo nonstop, and that no one ever said any good things about them, which is not at all true. Even now at a period in which they are struggling, many people, both fans and press do talk up Nintendo's strenghts. ...Which, btw, you can apply to every other fucking console owner, really. ever since it's inception, Microsoft got a ton of shit with the Xbox, and then with the 360, (even at it's height of popularity, people complained about the red ring of death, lack of exclusives, etc.) And Sony? same thing, or have you forgotten the first 3 years of the PS3? Also, regarding Kickstarter... Remember that these are community supported projects... with a ton of people backing and voicing and having demands and expectations. Of course stupid shit is gonna happen, it's one of the risks about it. (And shit like the Dina debacle shouldn't really impact the game itself, again, that's people and fanboys getting their panties twisted, as far as I've seen from the beta footage, the game itself is looking perfectly alright, which is what ultimately matters.) LASTLY... Are you really gonna compare the Wii U's library (which is almost a year and a half old) to that of consoles only 4 months old? Which, sure, still lack games, (And hence why I haven't bought nay yet) but they are already seeing far more support thanks to third party and indies. There might not be a single game that's as good quality-wise as say, SM3D world, but in turn, you get at least 4 or 5 still good games per month(Stuff like Strider, Battlefield 4, Outlast, Don't Starve, Luftrausers and such. Sure, most are not even next gen per se, but still good games that are NOT on Nintendo platforms...), compared to the Wii U's 1 great game every 3 fucking months :P
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 26, 2014 10:45 a.m.

I already told you this is statements of the industry in a nutshell and you cant deny Nintendo's history, despite its success is still dark. Nowadays Nintendo has to secure exclusive third parties because a lot of devs are just flat out not willing to use time to patent a Wii U version except Ubisoft. And even then people are too ignorant about it said third parties, "Its still not good enough to make me buy a Wii U" "Shouldve been on my console" And every month there's atleast one guy who blabs about Nintendo and people like Gamespot reports it as news. Obviously there are an appreciative and respectful side people give Nintendo now and then. Also no shit, Nintendo has barely any support that they have to pump out there own games, strip the third parties from Sony and Microsoft and they are flailing like fish. Wii U is getting indie support, which is great i guess, but honestly i perfer actual games, the Wii had a pretty decent number of bizarre yet interesting third party games that were more or less ignored. Sony and Microsoft are early birds otherwise of course, no one can forget the PS3 boogaloo. It really depends on kickstarters, i mean its already discussed here about how the people who donated lots of money for Oculus are just getting screwed.