• MechGyver - May 16, 2009 5:20 p.m.

After so many years, I still dont get why so much hate for Resident Evil 3, it had one of the best ambience in the series(dont forget Nemesis).
  • helix92 - May 16, 2009 2:41 p.m.

I've a feeling this year will be year of the 2. Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2, Bioshock 2...
  • alfonso.hdez - May 16, 2009 1:49 p.m.

Tyler! No Left 4 Dead!? naw seriously, great article but yeah, where's Oblivion?
  • Juggernaut140 - May 16, 2009 5:44 a.m.

"Call of Duty 4 is clearly the winner here. The game became the new standard for quality in shooters" Stopped reading right there
  • brickman409 - May 16, 2009 3:16 a.m.

fallout3 halo3 super mario3 and thats only 3 haha
  • slapdatass - May 16, 2009 3:02 a.m.

Oh man....going by this, Duke Nukem Forever would have been absolutely superb!
  • KaylaKaze - May 16, 2009 2:23 a.m.

Small error on your chart: Metal Gear Solid 3's subtitle is Snake Eater, not Subsistence. Subsistence is the special enhanced release.
  • StupidTownColonStupidStateColon - May 16, 2009 2:04 a.m.

Lovely article, it's lovely because I used the term lovely. Lovely, there thats 4 times I said it.
  • Vagrant - May 16, 2009 1:24 a.m.

And clearly this proves that Metacritic is only good for getting the rough idea of a game's quality. I can't believe GTA3 being that high. That game is practically unplayable compared to Vice City and San Andreas. And it's nonsensical that MGS3 has scored so low. DMC and Silent Hill ones are actually accurate though. Oh, and I don't think RE5 was scored low for being too action-y and not scary. (and if it was; that's stupid) I think it was scored low for just being a bit rubbish. :\ (also hah. On the stupid "type two words every single time so we know you're not a bot thing" I just got the words "bust increase")
  • GearsofRabies - May 16, 2009 12:55 a.m.

oh charlie barratt you seem so far away and I just need to hear your voice, I just need to hear you say, if you would have me go or stay, GIRL IN THE TOWER IM REACHING OUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO IM CALLING OUT MY HEART CRIES OUT FOR YOU.
  • TheWoolyMammoth - May 15, 2009 11:52 p.m.

Ah I do like the four, especially the old CoD4. I'm waiting now for some turd for brains to come by without reading anything other than the headline, moaning about how you didn't include left 4 dead Tyler lol.
  • SW4NNY93 - May 15, 2009 11:41 p.m.

i realized this about a year ago when all the 4 games were coming out. It's about time someone else realized it. I didn't look at a couple of these games though.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - May 15, 2009 11:37 p.m.

@Luigi49: I didn't do Final Fantasy because the US releases are in a funky order. FFIII, for example, wasn't released in the US until the DS remake in 2006. So what would I do - use the score from the DS version, which isn't the original version and thus shouldn't count, or try to dig up scores for the original, which either would have been based on an unofficial import, or from reviews written in Japanese. Just too complex.
  • lucashintz - May 15, 2009 11:08 p.m.

Hmmm... in7eres7ing. Bu7 seven is s7ill 7he bes7.
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 15, 2009 10:52 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game ever almost HOW can it lose to MGS2? Guess it didn't sell as well...
  • thebigtarget1 - May 15, 2009 10:50 p.m.

WOW you did not include OBLIVION?!
  • AMayer - May 15, 2009 10:38 p.m.

Hmmm... Quite interesting. Thank heavens for bar graphs.
  • RSC - May 15, 2009 10:34 p.m.

Another reason 4 is so awesome- Scott Stevens. Nuff said.
  • devinejoh - May 15, 2009 9:53 p.m.

yall forgot ace combat 0.... just saying. and in my opinion, the best in the series, after 4 though.
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - May 15, 2009 9:47 p.m.

I am a fan of da 4