• talleyXIV - February 11, 2012 9:41 a.m.

By the way: No one gives a rat's ass about Minecraft. That really is hilarious how PC elitist brag about Minecraft being exclusive. It wore out its welcome, during the Beta stages it was a pretty addictive little game, but past 1.7 it has become a terrible game. Am I really supposed to agree with assholes who think PC is better just because it had Minecraft and better graphics? Is that worth the hundreds maybe thousands of dollars (which is ridiculous) extra you will pay for it? And another thing, isn't it ironic how PC gamers brag about their great graphics but also about Minecraft which has charming yet terrible graphics?
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 10:07 a.m.

Um... Dude, you realize Minecraft won't even be exclusive to PC anymore? It's coming to the 360 as well. If you're gonna make long winded rants like that, you might want to double-check your facts a tad...
  • talleyXIV - February 12, 2012 7:20 p.m.

I know that it is coming to 360 and have known it for a long time, that is why I don't quite understand PC people bragging about it being an exclusive. If you read and understood my rant you would realize that I am saying PC elitist are silly assholes who like to waste money and brag about it.
  • BladedFalcon - February 12, 2012 10:26 p.m.

No, I read your post and understood your point perfectly. Just pointed out that it doesn't really make make to accuse PC elitists of bragging about minecraft as being as exclusive like you did.
  • PevMaster - February 11, 2012 1:06 p.m.

You're a fucking idiot. No one gives a rat's ass about Minecraft? It's sold nearly 5 million copies dick-head. And how has it worn out it's welcome? In the past year Minecraft has been updated to accomadate pretty much any gamer. It's got something for everyone: combat, crafting, building, magic, you name it. And how is it terrible graphics? It's not SUPPOSED to be photorealistic, asshole. The textures actually look really nice and the ligthing effects are good. Before posting a comment, try to get your facts straight, dipshit.
  • FInsomniac - February 11, 2012 3 p.m.

The textures are extremely low res and the lighting effects are good, but that's the thing, the game doesn't have high poly count, it doesn't have amazing textures, and it's pretty simplistic as far as design goes. Pretty much everything that PC gamers list as reason that console gaming 'sucks.' I think that's the point the guy is trying to make.
  • talleyXIV - February 12, 2012 7:28 p.m.

@Flnsomniac That is the exact point I am trying to make. PC Gamers say these things: 1. We have better resolution and graphics. 2. We have Steam. 3. We have exclusives I.E. Diablo, Starcraft, World of Warcraft (All valid games to point out.) Then they say Minecraft. It is a complete contradiction to everything they believe in, it is a game that could easily and currently is being turned into an Xbox 360 game. So PC gamers buy computers that cost thousands of dollars to play a game that could be played on an eight year old laptop? Seriously?
  • talleyXIV - February 12, 2012 7:25 p.m.

I DIDN'T SAY IT SHOULD BE PHOTO-REALISTIC! I simply said that the graphics suck, but they are charming. And don't deny it, Minecraft would be a better game in more ways than one if it had nice graphics. Those are the facts, as acceptable as the graphics are, they are still bad and it is undeniable. By the way: Way to steal the line "Get your facts straight" from BladedFalcon a guy I actually respect. What you are saying are not facts, the textures on Minecraft do not in anyway look really good compared to anything else that had come out in the last 5 years and I could maybe even say 10 years. Get your opinions straight. Nice zombie as an avatar by the way, I knew the second I saw it you would whine about how revolutionary Minecraft is.
  • talleyXIV - February 11, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Well Wii-U will no doubt win sales of course, because it is the only thing people have not had a chance to buy. It is going to be a somewhat strange year with Nintendo being the only company with a new system.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - February 11, 2012 9:05 a.m.

ITT: Console/PC whores and console/PC wars.
  • AlbVega - February 11, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Wow, a PC Gamer being arrogant and elitist, surprise surprise! And, yeah, I skipped the Wii but I feel this winter I'll have to get a WiiU before they run off the shelves. I want Smash bros in my home again, damnit.
  • shawksta - February 11, 2012 8:02 a.m.

Great arguments this year, i personally dont care who you guys think will win, what i think is important is the arguments for each company. Truth be told, the 3DS rising is more of a SOLID Argument than everything else, its started horrible but now the guns are coming out. The Wii U is where the money is, it could start horrible, or start with a blast, it all depends on just what the Wii U will be launched with, and with Nintendo saying they dont want to repeat the same mistake as the 3DS, it can go any way.
  • onetimebuster - February 11, 2012 7:09 a.m.

Im a console gamer but i have to pick pc they had a great year last year and this year will be just as good.
  • winner2 - February 11, 2012 7:05 a.m.

I've aquired a ps3, 360, and a wii over the years, and I'm lucky enough to have a really nice comp that can do things like run skyrim at max if I wanted it for pc. That being said, I'm most excited for the Wii U. I love nintendo's games, and a new console rumored to be that cool sounds awesome. And I never even knew there was a new entry in Paper Mario, which is one of the reasons I'm excited for it to be honest.
  • Nikku7 - February 11, 2012 10:43 p.m.

Paper Mario is also my highest anticipated game this year! I'm also really looking forward to Bioshock and The Last Guardian(if that even happens this year) but Paper Mario never lets me down!
  • Travia220 - February 11, 2012 5:43 a.m.

Why is there no mention of the plethora of MMORPG's coming out this year for the PC? Tera Online, Blade and Soul, Secret World, Guild Wars 2. While I agree Nintendo is a wild card this year.. I can't agree it will "Win." Especially based on total revenue and hype factor.
  • jmcgrotty - February 11, 2012 1:31 a.m.

There are two major problems with the Nintendo entry (both of these might have been said in the comments. I'm too tired to check): 1) Nintendo doesn't make video game consoles anymore. In fact, the last console they released was the Gamecube 10 years ago. 2) "the 3DS has come into its own in a big way" - Is this article about consoles or companies? (Sonys section did the same cluster-coitus). Maybe it comes down to semantics, but I don't consider a portable system as a "console"
  • DevonOO7 - February 11, 2012 12:24 a.m.

PC always wins but excluding that then Nintendosoft
  • BrunDeign - February 10, 2012 11:25 p.m.

Mr. Reparaz, you probably shouldn't mention the "economy being bad" and the "price of the vita and its memory cards being high" in the same list of reasons to think that Sony will come out on top this year. They kind of contradict each other.
  • BIOSback - February 10, 2012 11:07 p.m.

If the article is called "Which Console Will Win 2012", why are you judging the company as a whole?
  • Zeipher - February 10, 2012 11:02 p.m.

Dude, the economy is doing pretty good. Awkward argument for PS3, should have said more about the other two strengths
  • 510BrotherPanda - February 10, 2012 10:33 p.m.

The last 4 GR editors (and also Coop) that I still care about, doing an article together...
  • taokaka - February 10, 2012 10:15 p.m.

My personal winner would be sony just beating nintendo by a smidgeon, I just hope that the vita doesn't become a paperweight like my 3ds with games like uncharted and gravity rush I'm optimistic but hopefully the 3ds can get used again with much better games on the horizon than there were last year.