• INSURGENCYmusic - January 26, 2012 11:11 a.m.

Wow, Great Article (sarcasm). Really, great Job here (sarcasm). I don't understand, Ron Paul is the only candidate who is for freedom of speech in videogames and no regulations. Why didn't you guys pull up the Interview he did on G4. He did 2 interviews on G4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqF7v9Zlo7c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqN9IVhjr9A You should have wrote more about ron pauls record. Instead of your love letter to obama. Ron Paul is THE Video Game Candidate. Next time, Hollander Cooper, do your job, and do some research buddy.
  • purple_omlet - January 26, 2012 2:48 p.m.

It seems like this isn't the first time Cooper has written a shit article without researching first.
  • GR HollanderCooper - January 26, 2012 10:57 p.m.

Thanks for pointing out those interviews, I've updated the article to include them.
  • Darkwun - February 28, 2012 4:48 p.m.

Bit ridiculous to call out the man don't you think? Wow well done, you found some articles Cooper missed, despite the fact he implicitly said he no doubt missed stuff off and the internet is a big place. You know, because reporters have things like deadlines and stuff to hit and they will miss things. Of course, if you just said "Hey, you missed these two great youtube videos from G4" you would have got the same reaction-the inclusion into the article, instead of acting like such a superior dick. Well done Hollander Cooper for keeping professional composure with your reply. Kudos.
  • mothbanquet - January 26, 2012 7:29 a.m.

Interesting article, even for us non-Yanks!
  • EdDeRs1 - January 26, 2012 7:41 a.m.

yep, and i just hope Mr. Camron dosent get any ideas, ive got a sledgehammer with his name on it if he tries to mess with our games, like he already fucked up British films for at least the next few years
  • winner2 - January 26, 2012 4 a.m.

politics and games being mentioned in the same context feels kind of weird sometimes
  • Fox_Mulder - January 25, 2012 11:03 p.m.

Yep, it's all TV and videogames. It's not human nature, to go to war and slaughter thousands of individuals because their beliefs differ from yours.
  • Spade103 - January 25, 2012 11:50 p.m.

This is GamesRadar. Not HumanNatureWarSlaughterReligionRadar. That's why they're talking about the gaming position..
  • kc2 - January 26, 2012 5:32 a.m.

He meant it is human nature to be violent and blah blah blah and that politicians use video games as a scapegoat for this behavior. I wonder what video games Hitler and the Nazis played? Or the Crusaders? Or Atilla? Hmmm they are right. Video games are bad.
  • CitizenThom - January 26, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Politics does play into my enjoyment of playing Saboteur and running down Nazis in the street... did I just violate Goodwin's law?
  • RyoonZ - January 25, 2012 10:18 p.m.

I'm not American but from what I know , Ron Paul is a good guy
  • CitizenThom - January 25, 2012 7:52 p.m.

What... no review of the President and First Lady's contempt for gamers? Start with Ms. Obama's preaching on how everyone should live healthy like her... err how everyone should live healthier than her, and that we're all in danger of becoming super chubsters because we play too many video games. After that, look into the President's efforts to make energy more expensive by sending the EPA to harass all the power providers that gamers rely on... until our electricity rates double and triple in the course of a few years. Don't get me wrong, politicians say stupid things, and I'm sure the republican candidatess have done their share, but let's level criticism everywhere it's due, rather than a one sided piece of propaganda, that's all I'm asking.
  • CitizenThom - January 25, 2012 8:04 p.m.

mmm.... my foot tastes good.
  • D0CCON - January 26, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Yeah I was wondering what you were talking about.
  • CitizenThom - January 26, 2012 7:42 p.m.

I only saw the first two pages of the article... after I posted, I saw there was a third page. ^^
  • Darkwun - February 28, 2012 4:55 p.m.

It's a pretty blanketed view on what they said to be fair. They're not even against games. They just said we should get off our asses more. People just got up in arms about it, but even most gaming sites didn't take it as an anti-games statement
  • LoganDeckard - January 25, 2012 7:11 p.m.

As much as I can't stand Rick Perry, the guy really has been doing a lot to help the industry, especially in a place like Austin which has a number of high profile developer studios. Gotta give credit where credit is due I suppose. Great article though Coop. Hope you and the rest of the crew discuss it in TalkRadar this week.
  • AuthorityFigure - January 25, 2012 6:40 p.m.

Romney's going to fund a dating-sim called "Mormon Effect 2", where you marry as many wives as you can, and as 'Shepherd', you convert as many unbelievers to your flock. It's also a finance sim, where your income and expenditure are reviewed by a vast, online community.
  • obviouslyadouche - January 25, 2012 8:45 p.m.

Not a mormon myself but I do come from utah so i know a fair bit about them and polygamy hasn't been a thing since the 1800's, otherwise pretty spot on though