• rock08howard - December 18, 2012 8:05 p.m.

But out of all the in-game games that there were, Blitzball was my favorite.
  • rock08howard - December 18, 2012 8:03 p.m.

Final Fantasy VII and VIII!
  • slimjim441 - December 18, 2012 7:50 p.m.

It's all about FF IV. Additionally, anything past SNES days just isn't the same.
  • Kakashi2672 - December 19, 2012 4:22 p.m.

definently, except for that pansy prince.
  • slimjim441 - December 19, 2012 9:37 p.m.

It wouldn't be a true JRPG if there wasn't that retarded as f*ck character that you wish would just die though, would it?
  • oryanbelt - December 18, 2012 7:48 p.m.

Top 3 Final Fantasy's: 1. Final Fantasy IX 2. Final Fantasy X 3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Funkzillabot - December 18, 2012 7:10 p.m.

Final Fantasy 9 and 10. Without a doubt.
  • 2weekrental - December 18, 2012 5:58 p.m.

I'm for FFIX, I love the whole aesthetic, masterfully done.
  • GR_SophiaTong - December 18, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Ffix had one of the best endings! Loved it.
  • CUFCfan616 - December 18, 2012 4:21 p.m.

For me there's something to like about the majority of the games. I played from VII onwards (psone child), but I have VI which I played halfway through but have not yet completed. Here's my take on these games from most favourite to least. IX for me is the (almost) perfect FF. The traditional setting with a tinge of steampunk, characters that while initially seem silly, grow in their own way to each be likeable and you really care about them (Eiko the least though), a story that, while again cliched, lasts the distance and excellent graphics for the time, that still don't look that bad. The job system is excellent after VII & VIII where characters were more like blank slates with minor differences in stats. VII has a great story, even if it is cliched a bit, great characters and a well realised world. The downfall is the lack of sidequests in comparison to todays games. If it's ever remade I would expect the world to be more realised with more villages dotted around the place with sidequests to do, as long as they're not your average 'go to this location and kill 5 firebombs' now repeat over and over. Sidequests that have their own little story. X The Sphere grid is ok and it's great to see the job system back again, although it doesn't feel as accomplished as it was in IX. The story is good and trundles along at a decent pace, but some of the voice acting seems a bit wooden. Good for a first shot in a FF game, but not great (HA HA HA. HA HA HA. springs to mind). Auron is great as a character and you know what, I don't mind Blitzball that much. VIII has something that keeps on pulling me back to play it. It's definitely not the characters though. Some of the most annoying FF characters are found right here. But this is about what's great about the FF games. The gameplay is actually fairly decent. The draw system, not perfect, but the junctioning system once you get around it works quite well. The GF's have a slight feeling of pokemon about them in that you need to get them all. The locations are great with the exception of Esthar that was just a pain to navigate. Edea is one of the best enemies in FF and it's a shame that she wasn't the final boss instead of someone you've never seen previously in the game and so you don't really know what you're fighting against for the majority of the game. If it had've stayed as a sorceress trying to take over the world that would've been great. Adding in the time compression rubbish just over-complicates the story. But yeah, the story and characters. Two major things in a FF game were way off imo, but I'll still play it for the gameplay. XII I couldn't get into that much. I'm sure if I play it again and pay attention, the story seems like it'll be worthwhile and a few of the characters are a giant step away from the angsty teenager 'anti-heroes' of previous games. XIII Looks good.
  • BladedFalcon - December 18, 2012 4:15 p.m.

Easy, FFVI.
  • BladedFalcon - December 19, 2012 12:11 p.m.

Didn't know Tactics was allowed, but if it is, then I'd go with Tactics instead, but closely followed by VI, yes.
  • Eternalenki - December 18, 2012 3:45 p.m.

Final Fantasy IV. To this day I haven't beaten it all the way through, mostly because I keep losing the rom and have no hard copy, but the characters just enthrall me and have such complex history and personality, especially Cecil and Rydia. Now that I've remembered it, perhaps I'll download it again and actually make my way all the way through.
  • avery78 - December 18, 2012 3:37 p.m.

My favorite was FF9, not the most popular in the series by far but it was my favorite.
  • Spacewolf - December 18, 2012 3:34 p.m.

Mine has to be FF X I loved the turn based combat, the sphere grid, the music has to be one of my favorite game soundtracks and the story. I was so emotionally invested in the characters by the time the ending came up I was tearing up. It was the first game that made me tear up.
  • Cyberninja - December 18, 2012 3:27 p.m.

13-2 combining Crono Trigger with 13 was a great idea, unless I am aloud to say Kingdom Hearts is my favorite FF game.
  • metalgatesolid - December 18, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Without any doubt its X. I honestly think that its the FF that gets you into FF you like the most. FFX for me is on par with the best games out there. Great story, great graphics, amazing bosses and a game i honestly enjoyed every second of. I admit that there were moments i wanted to cry at and the final sequence after the credits made me beg for a sequel (first FF to have a story sequel). Square Enix have done some great games (Dragon Quest XIII) but FFX is a game I remember in the same way i remember San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid, just an amazing game.
  • aneishka - December 18, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Definitely X. I've never been so emotionally involved in a world before. I think I've played it through to completion about 4 times. Can't wait for the remake so I can do it all again!
  • Apastron - December 18, 2012 3 p.m.

FFVIII is my favourite due to the Junction System, GFs, Triple Triad and Rinoa, but I think that IX is the best in the series. Apart from the Trance system (kicking in on the last attack of a battle), a few odd characters (looking at you Quina) and I think one other thing I've forgotten about, it's the perfect game.
  • SirNinja - December 18, 2012 2:25 p.m.

As you might guess from my avatar, my favorite is obviously VI, but I really like XII as well. The localization is utterly spectacular; the world is huge, nonlinear, and open for exploration from the beginning; and the story is more interesting and well-told than most people remember. If there was any FF game that people should give a second playthrough, it's this one. Also looking forward to FFX on the Vita, whenever that comes out.