• antiAntag0nist - September 26, 2013 7:28 p.m.

Spider-Man 2 was a fun game. I was addicted to swinging through the city when I played it. The Amazing Spider-Man tie-in was pretty decent too. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was great, way better than the movie.
  • TheGooseinator - September 26, 2013 7:21 p.m.

Gonna go for a shocker: Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. It wasn't a great game, per se, but I enjoyed it for one specific reason; open world Hogwarts. A precise replica of the movies, this open world was massive, and had plenty of subtle cameos and nods to the series that were greatly appreciated by my inner Harry Potter fanatic. All I ever really want out of a Harry Potter game is to explore the iconic school and beat the crap out of Slytherin kids, so the game, despite it's boring objectives and inaccurate waggle, had me grinning from ear to ear. Go Hufflepuff!
  • Eightboll812 - September 26, 2013 6:49 p.m.

Almost all of the Lucas Arts catalog were great for leveraging the movies without being "movie games". I don't know if that sort of defeats the purpose of this question, since most of the games I thought were great weren't direct ports of movies into games, but rather built on the expanded universe. 1) X-wing/Tie Fighter - Both outstanding games and I loved the fact that you felt like you were part of the backstory of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, respectively. I particularly loved the Emperor missions where you got your regular orders and then special orders to serve the Emperor, and you increased in rank respective to the Emperor as well as general military. 2) Jedi Knight - It was the first FPS that truly wowed me. Ok, I take that back slightly. Doom was mind blowing at the time it came out, but Jedi Knight built on the FPS genre in a unique way. It's levels were truly huge for the time and really conveyed the "gigantic" feel of the Star Wars universe. Things like working your way through a "fuel line" that was titanic in size and the elevators that took you up massive distances while you saw a scale size freighter in the background, etc. It really "felt" like you were in the Star Wars universe. Jedi powers also gave it a unique feel for a FPS. 3) Galactic Battlegrounds - A great RTS based on the prequels. There's a number I haven't played that get good reviews too, so I'm only listing the ones I've personally played.
  • JMarsella09 - September 26, 2013 6:12 p.m.

I remember finding a spot in Episode One in which you could grind thermal detonators. When I got to the final boss, I glitched him into a corner and then cheesed him out with them. That was pretty fun I guess... Other then that, the second Harry Potter game, and Batman NES.
  • millarrp - September 26, 2013 5:48 p.m.

X-Men Origins: Wolverene Goldeneye (both the origional and the remake)
  • rainn'sgaydar - September 26, 2013 5:36 p.m.

I was a fan of Star Wars Episode 1. Sue me. The lightsaber swinging was fun for me.
  • wcwwolf - September 26, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Star Wars 3 was really fun, and TF Revenge of the Fallen made for a really fun game, you could definitely see the beginings of the Cybertron series with that one
  • SPAZFM - September 26, 2013 5:10 p.m.

I really enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim game and X-men Origins both where better than the actual films.
  • Solid_Gabriel - September 26, 2013 4:50 p.m.

GoldenEye, what elese? Not only the best movie game of all times, but also the best console shooter game of all times (screw Halo!).
  • trey-johnson - September 27, 2013 12:57 a.m.

eh fps on consoles have come a long way since golden eye, just look at the hd edition of goldeneye, it didn't fare too well
  • punkduck2064 - September 26, 2013 4:49 p.m.

Lately, I enjoy getting drunk and playing Aliens; Colonial Marines. But when I was a kid I played the living shit out of the Toy story game for Gameboy.
  • ABACADA6494 - September 26, 2013 4:44 p.m.

Spiderman 2, Batman Begins and would Star Wars: Racer Revenge count as a movie tie in?
  • trey-johnson - September 26, 2013 4:32 p.m.

not sure if it counts, but the chornicles of riddick butcherbay and the follow up assault on dark athena were both really well made and i enjoyed em, even if it meant just getting to explore the mythos and lore of the character and the world a lil bit more
  • StrayGator - September 26, 2013 4:30 p.m.

@smashpro1 pretty much stole my answer, so i'll go with my personal #3: RoboCop 2. I was 8 and didn't know any better.
  • StrayGator - September 26, 2013 4:31 p.m.

I also love TT's Lego games, but their status as "Movie tie-in"s is disputable.
  • DragonLord23 - September 26, 2013 4:21 p.m.

The Spiderman games: Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman.
  • grayholiday - September 26, 2013 4:09 p.m.

LJN's "Jaws" for NES was technically a movie tie-in with 1987's Jaws: The Revenge. While LJN is often seen as one of the worst developers of the time, I find Jaws quite playable. Actually it's pretty darn fun.
  • smashpro1 - September 26, 2013 4:05 p.m.

Star Wars: Episode I Racer and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were both good games.