We Recommend

• shawksta - October 4, 2013 2:07 p.m.

There are a lot of great games with amazing sound tracks. I liked Super Paper Mario's, it's soundtrack was bizarre and set the tone of the game's more dark and serious tone, especially when you get a Heart at the end chapter. And don't get me started on everything on Chapter 3 especially Francis
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 8:53 a.m.

I only liked the Ultimate show, and Bleck's theme. Some of the tracks were boring IMO like the one with the cavemen and flamboyant plants.
  • shawksta - October 5, 2013 9:41 a.m.

Boring? Says you, i like the whole cavernous theme the caves of Chapter 5 had. Eh, we cant all like the same things, its understandable why. Castle Bleck was pretty neat though, it starts off with an 8 bit theme, then repeats the same tense in a more modern style and just mixes both of them.
  • Whit - October 4, 2013 1:20 p.m.

Have to go way back--Interstate 76 Loved that funk. (Ohh just googled it and it is downloadable for free :) )
  • jeff-mccollum - October 4, 2013 1:10 p.m.

The one that sticks in my mind the most, for some reason, is Cool Spot on the Genesis... I still have the track from the part of the game where you have to climb up a bottle of 7up from the inside by jumping from bubble to bubble collecting power-ups! That was seriously 20 years ago, and I can still recall that damn song in my head! Obviously Goldeneye is imbedded in everyones minds, playing multiplayer levels over and over, Donkey Kong Country had some excellent jungle-style beats that were very catchy, and Garbage's "Push It" from NHL 2003's opening sequence always makes me smile.
  • Bansheebot - October 4, 2013 12:44 p.m.

The Neverhood. I never see it make any "Top Soundtrack" lists despite being amazing. It is a relatively obscure game though. Medievil on Ps1 had some really epic songs too like the Hilltop Mausoleum.
  • Desann - October 4, 2013 12:09 p.m.

I don't see anyone in the gaming community at large extolling the virtues of the World of Warcraft soundtrack, so I think it qualifies as underrated. Especially because I think it's some of the best music I've ever heard. I'll just post a few of my favorite selections: http://youtu.be/OyIliL2Ciss http://youtu.be/ew8WZE6Gfws http://youtu.be/gTUfEY5q1HM
  • GameManiac - October 4, 2013 11:45 a.m.

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Just listen to "And then, to CODA" and "Re-CODA", the opening and ending themes to that game, and prepare to feel.
  • mentalityljs - October 4, 2013 11:25 a.m.

Ocarina of Time, Deus Ex, Alice: Madness Returns.
  • Revolt189 - October 4, 2013 10:24 a.m.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
  • Shnubby - October 4, 2013 10:17 a.m.

DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Scoob - October 4, 2013 9:46 a.m.

The Guardian Legend on the NES. It was probably the first game that made me pay attention to a video game soundtrack. It did a really good job of setting the mood for what you were doing in the game in a way games haven't back in that time. I never understood how the game itself hasn't either been remade (other than the developer being bankrupt), or inspired something like it in this day and age.
  • Rhymenocerous - October 4, 2013 8:14 a.m.

Hitman: Contracts.
  • profile0000 - October 4, 2013 7:32 a.m.

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 has a ridiculously wonderful soundtrack. Three composers, each composing for the three different superpowers essentially makes the game have three completely different soundtracks, which are all great.
  • mafyooz - October 4, 2013 7:26 a.m.

The Okami soundtrack fits perfectly with the game, I quite like the music from the Digital Devil Saga games too
  • The Little Tramp - October 4, 2013 7:22 a.m.

Another great one is the first Shadow Hearts game. Its a fairly dark game with a wicked sense of humor. The subsequent games settled for a more goofy approach which was a pity. One of Mitsuda's more interesting soundtracks, lot of distorted and moody pieces, brilliant work
  • The Little Tramp - October 4, 2013 7:16 a.m.

One of the most underrated soundtracks and games is Breath of Fire 4. It has some terrifically emotional moments that the soundtrack beautiful supports. The song that plays in sonne village comes to mind. It also has a lot of fun songs, just a great OST overall.
  • EAC73 - October 4, 2013 4:20 a.m.

Payday 2, love the song The Mark on it. Street Fighter 4, so many great songs on it.
  • PotentialChair - October 4, 2013 4:02 a.m.

Sonic Heroes by far!
  • sephex - October 4, 2013 3:48 a.m.

Xenogears.
  • koklush - October 4, 2013 2:50 a.m.

Silver surfer for NES has some awesome ost by Tim Follin, it's like 8-bit drum'n'bass. just awesome