• ObliqueZombie - September 22, 2012 1:56 a.m.

Borderlands 2. God save my semester.
  • t_skwerl - September 21, 2012 11:06 p.m.

I may have to get this new game called Borderlands 2. People are talking about it. :) Finally raised my tag team heaven and hell combo of Devil Jin and Angel to Tekken Lord! Whaddaya mean there are colored titles? Another event weekend in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. I'll be trying to help people get their commendation packs, probably most of the weekend and griping about the Resident Evil 6 demo. Anyone else think it's really dark? No? Okay.
  • obviouslyadouche - September 21, 2012 10:20 p.m.

I can't be the only person playing Borderlands 2, can I?
  • nintendo365 - September 21, 2012 11:46 p.m.

I sure hope not - its too much fun to miss.
  • NelosAngelos - September 21, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Going up to a mountain resort, after that, I plan to use my brand new DotA2 beta invite to full effect and maybe not piss everyone off on my team anymore.
  • ParagonT - September 21, 2012 6:46 p.m.

Probably going to burn away some Guild Wars 2 and finish my Typography project. One of the first weekends without out-of-class work, so I'll probably be social this go around and stay on campus this weekend. Other than that, probably hit a bar with a friend and watch anime. By the way, anyone have any good suggestions for some anime that's less "mainstream"? I need some true diamonds here, because I've watched a LOT.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 21, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Yea, same boat when it comes to the school work... I'll likely throw an hour or two into an iconography paper, but aside from that it's gaming like a maf'k. I wish I had some real diamond series to offer up, but I'm not too much of an authority when it comes to anime. I dig my Eureka 7, and the rest are usually just film... Paprika, Memories. If you haven't seen 13 Assassins, you should check it out, not an anime but still a wicked samurai story. But hey, it's always a safe bet to start a DBZ marathon haha.
  • ParagonT - September 21, 2012 8:36 p.m.

Oh God... DBZ..... If I commit to any marathon of that, it's going to be Team Four Star's abridged series haha. I love DBZ, but it get's old after awhile. Definitely can tell that the series/franchise seemed to get stale after Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z: Vegeta through Frieza. I'll check out the Assassins film sometime tomorrow and see if I can find a site to watch it on, unless I need to purchase it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 21, 2012 9:04 p.m.

It really does get old, I wish I could argue that one haha :P 13 Assassins is a great flick though, and when it comes to the fight sequences, it's unrivaled in my opinion. Think of the 45 minute Ben Hur chariot race, but replaced with katanas, blood, and Japanese melodrama... It's good shit.
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 8:19 a.m.

Well... I don't know if they are still too mainstream for you, but I really loved Trigun And the Rurouni Kenshin Anime. (At least up until the Kyoto arc, which is amazing.) Aside from that... well, movie-wise, Princess Mononoke has always been and remains to be my favorite anime movie ever, and personally I never mind watching it again. And summer wars is a jolly good time as well.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 22, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Fuckin' eh, Falcon. Princess Mononoke is definitely on my top 10 films list
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 9:51 a.m.

Yeah, honestly, I consider that film to be pretty much a masterpiece. ...And pretty much the only film I've seen with an environmentalist message that doesn't feel preachy, forced or tacky. Probably because for once it doesn't make the other side feel like merely one dimensional, greedy jerks.
  • ParagonT - September 22, 2012 10:36 a.m.

Watched them all, not to say they are not good, just seen them a lot. My girlfriend is pretty much on a buying spree every birthday/holiday to get me all of Miyazaki's masterpieces XD. But thanks for the recommendations though. I'd say out of anime films, Lupin the Third:The Castle of Cagliostro would be one of my favorites.
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Heh, fair enough, again, I was aware that pretty much all I mentioned was still very mainstream, but that's what stuck on my mind so far... OH! I just remembered one! I think those one is definitely more obscure, although the subject topic might initially turn you off: Slam Dunk. Yes, it's about Basketball, but first and foremost it's a comedy, and in that respect I found it to be absolutely hilarious XD And take into account that I actually kinda hate sports in general XD But that did nothing to diminish my enjoyment of the series. Though it's also kinda oldish and somewhat old budget, so the graphics aren't the sharpest or the most fluid, but i still think it's pretty well drawn and the animation does the job great most of the time.
  • ParagonT - September 22, 2012 11:31 a.m.

I loved that anime! I love how he hits his head off the ground to "focus" in particular haha. Alongside with the delinquent hair style (have no idea what it's called, it's pretty funny through and through. The animation reminds me of GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka), very sketchy/overly detailed, but hilarious. I'm working on Black Butler II, but it's seriously not going anywhere with the plot =/.
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 11:34 a.m.

Hahaha, yeah! that and I always liked how silly he acted around the "Fatty" coach XD And indeed, while i haven't watched GTO, The similarities in the animation are undeniable, wouldn't be surprised if they were animated by the same studio.
  • GR_SophiaTong - September 23, 2012 10:54 a.m.

I like ponyo :D such a cute story.
  • ParagonT - September 24, 2012 5:59 a.m.

I think Ponyo is a good movie as well, but so much different than Miyazaki's other films that he's recently directed. I think you gave me an idea to look at some of his earlier works. Thanks as well!
  • BladedFalcon - September 24, 2012 7:08 a.m.

Yeah, Ponyo's pretty good ^^ I mean- Honestly I've yet to watch a Miyazaki film that I haven't enjoyed. Though I do remember not liking Spirited away nearly as much as the hype warranted... So I think that probably means I should watch it again. (I was probably like 13 when i first watched it.) as for his first works... I think the only one I've watched so far is "My friend Totoro" which is also a very good, cute an innocent story, but still pretty worthwhile to watch.
  • ParagonT - September 24, 2012 10:51 a.m.

Sometimes I have to re-watch anime that I watched as a kid to better understand it now that I'm older as well haha. You should consider watching Akira sometime, I think it was one of the first anime movie I watched. I watched it pretty young I think around six, seven, or eight as a kid, so the quality and animation may be different, but I remember it being really good. I don't think my parents fully understood what they gave me as well lol, it's definitely not for kids, too much mind-****. The director did others like Steamboy which was good as well.