Topics

Top 7

• db1331 - October 28, 2013 1:54 p.m.

That level in the first Uncharted where you have to go through those dark corridors with the little monster guys crawling at you from around every corner. Scared the shit out of me.
  • bebl09 - October 28, 2013 5:30 p.m.

So true, I really wasn't expecting that, took me ages to play through the first time cause it was so creepy.
  • xcarlosx - October 28, 2013 1:40 p.m.

metal gear solid 2. near the end when the colonel freaks. I slept in my parents' room.
  • sweetchiliheat - October 28, 2013 1:15 p.m.

I completely forgot about the lodge in Fable 2! That got me good the first time, good times.
  • StrayGator - October 28, 2013 12:41 p.m.

Evil sorcerer conjures a ghost demon thingy, the demon makes the sorcerer explode gorily, his severed head flying towards the screen. The game is kid-friendly graphic adventure Loom and I am 9 years old.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 28, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Sounds like a similar experience I had with a severed head in The Pagemaster FMV adventure game. Freak THAT
  • ombranox - October 28, 2013 12:36 p.m.

The Winter Lodge was evil. It doesn't help that way earlier you got a free house from a different door.
  • Temperance11 - October 28, 2013 12:22 p.m.

Can we talk about the Yeti's wife in Twilight Princess for second!? JESUS!
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 28, 2013 12:35 p.m.

Definitely an honorable mention lol, it's LITERALLY a screamer
  • Temperance11 - October 28, 2013 1:24 p.m.

Or ALL of the Giygas boss fight in Earthbound.
  • Pooka - October 28, 2013 12:20 p.m.

About the girl in Lumiose City, bring a Rotom in your team, then go up to where she appears. She gives you a rare candy.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 28, 2013 12:34 p.m.

Darn it, that makes the mystery of her inclusion so much more lame lol
  • Pooka - October 28, 2013 12:42 p.m.

Still, great article. Keep em up Lucas
  • Doctalen - October 28, 2013 12:42 p.m.

Is this confirmed? Seems like a huge waste or potential there. The ghost girl could have been linked to nearly every single other ghost type and still remained bat shit crazy scary
  • Doctalen - October 28, 2013 12:19 p.m.

I hate y'all for doing a GIF of that ghost girl. You guys are evil.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 28, 2013 12:33 p.m.

=)
  • TheElusiveMongoose - October 28, 2013 12:01 p.m.

Gone Home: Seeing the red splotches all over the bathtub before you notice the bottle of red hair dye on the floor. Also I totally agree with antiAntag0nist about the spiders in Dragon Age. Seriously, fuck those things.
  • antiAntag0nist - October 28, 2013 1:51 p.m.

The way those Spiders tackle and maul characters is horrifying
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 28, 2013 11:45 a.m.

I'm probably the only one to have done these, but when the boo first shows up in the hallway in Mario 64 I got way more scared than I should have. It was so traumatizing that I would make sure I never saw the ghost by taking alternate paths to the basement of the castle. In Ocarina of Time, I had gotten locked outside the castle (as I'm sure we all did the first time across Hyrule Field) and when the first skull kid came out of the ground, I bolted for what I would eventually discover to be Lon Lon Ranch. Of course after some real time passed, I realized that time did not pass in Lon Lon Ranch, so I was forced to brace the nighttime horror of Hyrule Field. Nintendo's design of the day/night cycle to basically force you to spend that first night outside and discover the time changing aspect of Hyrule is really an unsung, but brilliant touch of polish in OoT. Of course, we all know how to skip it now, but that first time, not likely the case. Anyway, I was only 10 or younger when I had these experiences, so it's somewhat forgivable to be scared of such things.
  • bebl09 - October 28, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Oh and Ravenholm from HL2 (which I know you mention at the end) should definitely be on there somewhere. When I first played that game I had to use the devmode to turn the AI off because those screaming headcrab zombies made me shit myself every time I heard their scream!