Topics

Top 7

• superduper93 - March 12, 2012 2:14 p.m.

FFX nuff said
  • boondocks50 - March 12, 2012 2:13 p.m.

grandia 2 made me sad
  • xXRaixterXx - March 12, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Yeah, RDR had a really sad ending, in my opinion, its sadness was better than some games in the countdown
  • ncurry2 - March 12, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Good list and all but I gotta ask, did you ever beat Little King Story? It's so damn heart wrenching and what makes it worse is the whole presentation is all cheery and bright but then you start to realize things and... it's just so terribly sad. Then again, I guess I can't count on many people having actually beaten it since only like 100,000 copies were sold and it was a surprisingly difficult game.
  • miked00d - March 12, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. *SPOILERS!!!* The interactions between Jensen and Faridah, his pilot, were never really that strong, but there was a lingering sense that at the end of the game they'd end up together somehow. So while I didn't care about Faridah as a character, I did care about what losing her would mean to Jensen. Then she died after the crash landing later in the game (at the time I didn't know that she could be saved!), which was pretty sad already. But later on, making my way into the Harvester base, I broke through a wall and found her body on a slab, implying that all her implants had been harvested. Up until that point I'd been stealthing my way in, but as soon as I saw that I went aggro and murdered every enemy in there, wasting pretty much all my ammo. Afterwards I cried manly rage tears.
  • darkdragon2580 - March 12, 2012 2:05 p.m.

accidentaly forgot one on saddest games personaly played Crisis Core i knew what was going to happen, but i sstill couldn,t help my eyes from watering at the ending
  • CoruptAI125 - March 12, 2012 1:57 p.m.

Off this list Lost Odyssey is the one that really struck me. I've never felt so depressed reading before. Something about the music and words just start the tear ducts. Though I will say that Final Fantasy 10 is the saddest game I've personally played.
  • darkdragon2580 - March 12, 2012 1:56 p.m.

in my opinion these games deserve to be here, and i like how the last picture was of snake, that game mad my eyes water, too bad you had to play all four to actually feel depressed(3 was an exception) kh 358/2 days was sad, but not really SAD i also started to feel depressed for The World Ends With You, but that's just me ff7 was my 1st game i cried to(not to mention my 2nd real game) and i played it when i was 7(haha) i literally dropped the controller for my playstation and broke down
  • weezerbholly - March 12, 2012 1:52 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus definitely. One game that didn't get mentioned, probably because you did not cry, but how about Braid? Sad stuff there.
  • MsSmith - March 12, 2012 1:52 p.m.

A Top 7 featuring Mother 3. Just when I start to think Gamesradar has started to loose its awesomeness you guys do that. STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!1!1 Also this Top 7 is fantastic. :)
  • Redeater - March 12, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Not to beat a dead Buttercup but is there any update on T'dar? If I had to make a guess it is due to massive changes going on at Gamesradar. I am listening to Lasertime to get my fix but it just seems a shame that they are only 2 away from hitting 200. I would have posted this in the forums....but you know.....
  • profile0000 - March 12, 2012 2:02 p.m.

I want to say that Henry off-handedly stated that TDAR was on hiatus during an episode of Lasertime. I want to say the Cereal episode, but don't quote me on that. Great Top 7, Coop. The different format seems to work well. I would've put Red Dead in there somewhere, but good nonetheless.
  • debs182 - March 12, 2012 1:46 p.m.

What?? You have Gears 2 on the list but not Gears 3?, yeah when Dom found Maria it was sad but not half as sad as 'Brothers To The End' chapter in Gears 3 i sobbed my heart out to that, didn't help they had the 'Mad World' instrumental playing in the background. I don't know any fan of the Gears series that didn't get at least a tear in their eye on that chapter.
  • Stabby_Joe - March 12, 2012 1:40 p.m.

While some of these games are sad, I've yet to actually cry due to a game. Films yes but for some reason it has to be done. Now I don't think I'm made of stone but the game that finally "breaks" me will probably be sad enough to make some people go for the Prozac.
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - March 12, 2012 1:36 p.m.

no ME3, that shit almost made me cry
  • Mr Braindown - March 12, 2012 1:34 p.m.

Red Dead Redemption... I sobbed like a pre-school girly girl. I'm welling up just thinking about it now.
  • weezerbholly - March 12, 2012 1:52 p.m.

• weezerbholly - March 12, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit reply there.