Topics

Top 7

• Morland10 - March 13, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Lost oddysey is harder when you remember that the sick woman who dies was Kaims daughter and the kids are actually is grandkids
  • Morland10 - March 13, 2012 7:16 a.m.

sorry his grandkids
  • Nomado - March 13, 2012 6:38 a.m.

Ofcourse To the Moon should be first in anyway. Spent 4 hours playing To The Moon, But a week thinking about it. This Game is Just amazing (maybe not like other games in terms of gameplay). I would never ever expect this ending again. Poor Johny just cried when Joey died :(( For those who asking WTF is To The Moon? Just go play it. Its only 4 hour game and u will thank me afterward. U wouldn't feel this feeling again even if u played and cried when Aerith died in FFVII of in Shadow of Collosus.
  • mbavalo - March 13, 2012 6 a.m.

Definaely red Dead Redemption... could not go on playing after the marston died...well the dad that is
  • DecoyOctorok - March 13, 2012 5 a.m.

How about Rosalina's story from Super Mario Galaxy? I know I'm not the only one.
  • reaperman22 - March 13, 2012 4:28 a.m.

The Darkness, Red Dead Redemption and surprisingly Arkham City are my saddest game experiences, especially the darkness though. I was nearly in tears when Jenny died which just made Jackie's quest to kill Paulie feel so personal and that feeling was so strong it made he scenes with Jenny in the sequel all the more emotional.... plus the ending to 2 was pretty depressing to begin with without having to think about what is going to happen in the next one considering that cliffhanger
  • Vordhosbn - March 13, 2012 2:03 a.m.

I'm glad Lost Odyssey was on there, I completely agree about the "little stories" in that game, they were incredibly well written and *just* short enough to not feel like a complete distraction. On the other hand, the gameplay itself was pretty bland, so I don't remember much else of the game. Also, I'd have added Illusion of Gaia to the list, if only for the part where "someone's pet" does something and the music goes all sad (not going to spoiler it, even if it is many years old).
  • mubobi7593 - March 13, 2012 1:29 a.m.

I remember tearing up pretty bad at the end of Okami (spoilers, I guess) when everyone was roused by Issun to pray for Ammy. And, more recently (spoilers again) was Mass Effect 3, the middle choice. I bawled like a goddamn baby.
  • psycho ninja 4 - March 13, 2012 1:13 a.m.

I've only cried while watching a movie/playing a game/reading a book etc. Twice. Heavy Rain and the spongebob squarepants movie. Thats right, spongebob.
  • bass88 - March 14, 2012 5:26 a.m.

I know what scene you are talking about in SpongeBob SquarePants. That scene was surprisingly heavy going.
  • Fox_Mulder - March 13, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Heavy Rain, Any Zelda game (tears of joy)
  • jesusfrk15 - March 13, 2012 midnight

mass effect 3 and red dead redemption.
  • Byph - March 12, 2012 11:14 p.m.

Homeworld... 3rd mission (Return to Kharak) with Barber's Adagio for Strings playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA
  • NoblePariah - March 12, 2012 10:48 p.m.

The Darkness series should've been on this list. Both games had their moments that made you want to start bawling.
  • purple_omlet - March 12, 2012 10:40 p.m.

When Mordin died in Mass Effect 3 I literally cried. I have never cried during a video game before that.
  • revrock - March 12, 2012 10:24 p.m.

Arkham City... The ending was better and more touching than any superhero movie
  • CH3BURASHKA - March 12, 2012 10:10 p.m.

I think "Shadow of the Colossus is like the first 15 minutes of 'Up', except you're in control" is the most original thing anyone's said about SotC in the past 5 years. Bravo.
  • NinjaJamez - March 12, 2012 9:37 p.m.

damn i really though MGS3 would be here somewhere
  • AGENTJORRRG - March 12, 2012 9:31 p.m.

GEARS 2 ARE YOU SERIOUS? Maybe it would've worked if the characters had actual human emotions. The characters are all hard to sympathise with because they only ever say the same shit over and over. Gears is alright I s'pose but it was totally non emotionally investing as far as I'm concerned.
  • AGENTJORRRG - March 12, 2012 9:32 p.m.

Oh and Gears of War is for meatheads. It's a dumb game with terrible writing.
  • lazer59882 - March 12, 2012 8:40 p.m.

really...what the fuck is "to the moon"? i almost feel gypped having read this whole thing for it to end on some game i never heard of