Topics

Top 7

• rooster2814 - April 26, 2010 1:37 p.m.

I thought beginning of Assassin's Creed 2 was a big part of what made Ezio so much more likable then Altair.
  • NorwegianKingOfNames - April 26, 2010 1:27 p.m.

I agree with you on all these, Mr. Cundy. Though I'd suggest Dragon Age: Origins. Man, that bad boy didn't get going for a few hours. I gave up at the beginning of the knight's first quest. 'Click here to kill rat' isn't my idea of fun.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 26, 2010 1:18 p.m.

My only gripe with FF13: Wait, WTF? I can't play as the entire party? No! Dammit! I don't wanna play as Hope! Dammit, why can't I switch charactrs!!!!
  • The_Deebo - April 26, 2010 1:08 p.m.

Of course what all these games could have benefited from was a ROLLLLIIIIINNNG STAAAAAAAART. ROOLLLLLLIIING STAAAAAAAAAAAAART
  • Matt Cundy - April 26, 2010 1:08 p.m.

@Jacob816 Having not played FFXIII, I can't honestly say that it's great. But everyone I know that's played it is of the opinion it has great qualities. And we gave it a 10, so I'm inclined to believe that *something* (surely?) must be great about it.
  • Jacob816 - April 26, 2010 12:57 p.m.

I would disagree that FF XII is a 'great' game.
  • Unoriginal - April 26, 2010 12:55 p.m.

Just finished FFXIII and I thought it didn't start to get bad until at the 20 hour mark. The free roam sandbox is just blatant filler and by far the dullest part of the game. Anyway: Great list. Loved the self awareness.
  • rxb - April 26, 2010 12:50 p.m.

I hate that some games give you a load of story right from the start instead of just letting you 'play'. This article is a bit like Justin's purity article, sometime story just gets in the way.
  • JD_Method - April 26, 2010 12:46 p.m.

I knew Arkham Asylum would be on the list as soon as I saw the title after what Cundy said on the podcast the other day.
  • MercenaryQ - April 26, 2010 12:40 p.m.

that was hilarious. That bit about final fantasy xiii. Is true who wants to play 20 hours before a game gets good.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - April 26, 2010 12:33 p.m.

YES OKAMI!!!!!!!