Topics

7 Top

• Nintendophile - April 3, 2012 6:34 a.m.

Referring to the Silph Co. making Pokeballs, he wrote "Some other companies make them, but no one else has the market completely cornered." That doesn't make sense to me. If some OTHER companies make Pokeballs as well, then Silph Co. doesn't REALLY have the market COMPLETELY cornered, does it?
  • H2A2I00 - April 3, 2012 7:54 a.m.

They actually do if you know a bit about basic business. The only other people that make pokeballs are guys like Kurt who are independent and have no type of business that produces/sells his product out of his home. This means that his reach is minuscule at best, whereas Silp Co. can distribute, make, and sell over entire regions with ease and they are the most purchased making them the lifeline of the pokemon world.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 3, 2012 10:11 a.m.

Let's say one company made oil - only one. Sure, there are some solar panels, but the world runs on oil.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 3, 2012 8:21 a.m.

Wow. I-I never thought about all this. This really puts it into perspective... Pokemon truly is for adults.
  • PurpleDemon - April 3, 2012 9:46 a.m.

There are actually other animals in the Pokemon universe. I believe there were generic birds at some point in the first series.
  • Person5 - April 3, 2012 11:19 a.m.

No, those were Pidgies
  • Shazamin - April 3, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Hey I think your right, if i remember correctly there's a point when Ash first enters a city and sees a flock of just plain old birds. If this is correct then they were the last of their species cause we never saw them again.
  • GameManiac - April 3, 2012 9:46 a.m.

What a fantastic read. This further cements my recurring thought on how are Pokemon second in the world to humans, when Pokemon could rule the world or drive humanity into the ground.
  • FemJesse - April 3, 2012 12:36 p.m.

Not to mention that there's only one human hospital for ever 100 Pokemon ones... If you get an infection in the Pokemon universe, you're shit out of luck. Also the people operating on you are likely to be Chanseys and I don't think they have fingers.
  • lilj805 - April 3, 2012 8:06 p.m.

lol That is so true
  • oryanbelt - April 3, 2012 10:05 a.m.

LOL'D so hard at the Missingno piece XD. Great job guys
  • Ariaka - April 3, 2012 11:12 a.m.

It used to be, in older media, and even in the first gen Pokedexes, real world animals were stated to live alongside Pokemon. Not to say they do now. I also think that Pokemon is a game like Shin Megami tensei, viewed through Kiddy colored glasses. For the love of everything, Tajiri even stated Pokemon Special was the closest thing he saw to his vision of Pokemon. A manga full of torture, melting, Zombie mon, beheadings, and you get the idea. If that's close to the ideal world, than I think, again, it's Megami Tensei, through a child's view. That disturbs me now.
  • rballa2 - April 3, 2012 2:57 p.m.

This article is trending very high on N4G
  • beandipdragon101 - April 3, 2012 6:13 p.m.

I've seen similar lists on cracked and dorkly but this one has some fresh ideas. I like Hollander Cooper. He's done Gamesradar proud.
  • kachigop - April 3, 2012 7:49 p.m.

Hilarious article. The bit about breeding with dittos to Barry White made me LOL. Although I still basically cried myself to sleep at night when I was younger wishing that I could live in the Pokémon universe...
  • lilj805 - April 3, 2012 8:02 p.m.

lol You guys are the best when it comes to silly a** articles like this
  • pastycaucasian - April 3, 2012 8:17 p.m.

Nope I am not going to shout their Cooper I really like your article, I never thought about some of that stuff about the pokemon world. I would really like them to talk about the war that would be awesome.
  • cgriff63 - April 3, 2012 8:23 p.m.

this just became one of my favorite gamesradar articles.
  • boondocks50 - April 4, 2012 4:43 a.m.

from an evolutionary standpoint theres no reason for there to be any animals left because the vastly superior pokemon would have killed them off a long time ago, or maybe animals are what pokemon used to be.
  • Lediba - April 4, 2012 10:05 a.m.

Uh ... it's not true that Pokemon are not stated to be eaten. A PokeDex entry from Episode 49 for Farfetch'd: Farfetch'd, a Wild Duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd makes a delicious meal, especially when cooked with leek. Because of this, Farfetch'd is nearly extinct. It may have been the only time ... but they actually did say it!
  • chrissk8er999 - April 5, 2012 10:54 a.m.

yeh what that guy said
  • Hurricrane - April 4, 2012 7:26 p.m.

What happened to the site's philosophy of not having a single screen and some text per page?