Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• haipayazoo - September 24, 2012 11:47 a.m.

No Nathan Drake? The battle on the airplane alone should qualify him as a major badass out of the countless other death-defying stunts/battles.
  • antiAntag0nist - September 24, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Kudos to Mr. Cooper for this great article. I'm glad to see Bayonetta made the cut as well.
  • Mattossie - September 24, 2012 11:41 a.m.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Garrus Vakarian had his start on the Xbox( last generation).
  • haipayazoo - September 24, 2012 11:44 a.m.

Well ok, you're wrong. Mass Effect wasn't released on the XBox. It was released on the XBox 360. This generation
  • Plaim - September 24, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Also, Google.
  • haipayazoo - September 24, 2012 11:53 a.m.

I did. And?
  • Plaim - September 24, 2012 11:58 a.m.

Oh, sorry. Wrong reply button. I better take my own advice and ask Google about not being dumb.
  • ollyn - September 24, 2012 11:52 a.m.

Unless he has appeared in something before Mass Effect, then I think you are wrong.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 24, 2012 11:35 a.m.

Any Pokemon trainer protagonist. I mean come on, you basically pack up your shit, and leave home because of the promise of adventure given by strange older men (juniper doesn't count), You travel around the world kicking the teeth out of crazy ass monsters with a small gang of crazy ass super monsters, you help any stranger who needs it, you destroy criminal organisations and save the world, and yet you still have time to become the most powerful trainer in the world... By the age of like 13. Pretty badass. Here's another one, Kratos... Nuff said.
  • CrashmanX - September 24, 2012 2:37 p.m.

Pokemon Protags are blank slates. They really don't count. They're only as bad ass as you make them. Also Kratos was PS2 gen.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 25, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Yea it took me a while to grasp the Kratos problem... i'm slow sometimes. I consider the Pokemon protagonists to be bad ass, because, well, I'm badass as a muthafucka.
  • JohnnyIgaloo - September 24, 2012 11:33 a.m.

What about Nathan Drake??
  • Sjoeki - September 24, 2012 11:29 a.m.

I'd like to add Jackie Estacado but the second game didn't do him any favors
  • slimjim441 - September 24, 2012 11:06 a.m.

I'd put Gabriel Belmont in there, but overall, I don't think I can really argue with this list.