Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - January 2, 2012 7:15 p.m.

Fallout, Ninja Gaiden, and Resident Evil where better before.
  • RonnyLive19881 - January 3, 2012 9:40 a.m.

This, Resi 4 would have been better as a spin off title and 5 shouldn't have happened Lol I can't wait for the 3DS title!
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 3, 2012 12:49 p.m.

50 dollars for a handheld game with DRM? You want that?
  • LegendofZenda - January 3, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Yeah....I liked Resident Evil before it became one of the best reviewed games ever made. You know, with the loading time doors, poor jagged graphics and hideous acting. There is a reason why the HD version of Code Veronica was not greatly received. People have moved on. Look at Sonic Adventure 1 if you don't believe it. I liked Zelda before it went to 3D. Does that make me wish one of the most universally lauded games was never made? No because I'm not a narrow minded idiot! :D
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 3, 2012 1:52 p.m.

Code Veronica was shit though I'm talking about the first 3 Resident Evil 4 is ok but Resident Evil 5 is absolutely terrible and they just keep following the pattern because 4 was a "success" and they will never go back to the winning pattern that actually founded the series. Change is good, but Zelda still makes 2D games. Sonic still makes 2D games. Resident Evil will never have another one of the original three. Because of 4. It ruined the series.
  • wingsdjy - January 4, 2012 1:45 p.m.

In all fairness, it took Sega many failed/mediocre attempts at 3D to finally go back to 2D. With regards to RE, I'm okay with the new controls. Just wish they'd bring back the tension from the earlier games.
  • soxknight1127 - January 2, 2012 7:15 p.m.

great article. this being from mikel i was expecting GTA to be #1 for going 3d