• BMXROCKS93 - March 26, 2012 7:18 a.m.

At least the battlefield one would be awesome to play and totally worth the hurt!!
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 26, 2012 6:54 a.m.

As far as Kid Icarus: uprising goes I've found it a million times easier to just hold the system with both hands and just use your thumb on the touch screen.
  • MetaMoss - March 26, 2012 6:39 a.m.

In playing Kid Icarus, I was surprised to find that I had not that much pain at all. You people just have weak wrists.
  • sonofskywalker3 - March 26, 2012 5:57 a.m.

Please for the love of God stop using these clickthrough galleries for your articles!! I cannot stress enough how much I hate having to scroll down to read an entry, scroll back up to hit "next", then do it all over again. Please. Just go back to regular article layout already. This is fine to look through a bunch of pictures with small captions, but not for a full length article.
  • Lurkero - March 26, 2012 6:13 a.m.

Your request only makes sense. Apparently the web designer didn't bother to test the utility of a design that forces the user to scroll back up after reading the article. In fact, the regular design actually got more page clicks so this is even less useful.
  • The_Tingler - March 26, 2012 7:03 a.m.

Agreed 100%, ESPECIALLY because there's no "next" button at the bottom of the page.
  • garnsr - March 26, 2012 9:25 a.m.

I like being able to click through the list while you're entering your comment, to see what games you want to mention, but I hate having to scroll down, then back up. Playing anything on my DSi is painful. There's no comfortable way to hold it for me.
  • PopeBenedictXVI - March 27, 2012 6:29 a.m.

+1 Scroll down, scroll up, click, scroll down...ahhhhhhh!
  • festerblatz82 - March 26, 2012 5:36 a.m.

The local dude that runs his own arcade here has the arm wrestling games, it's ridiculous.
  • festerblatz82 - March 26, 2012 5:37 a.m.

*game
  • adamforse - March 26, 2012 5:33 a.m.

"Only-slightly-crap"? Journey of Dreams was great, Justin. It had minor flaws, but then, so did the original. I cannot forgive such blasphemy. I shall have my "Justin Is Always Right" tattoo removed. As for your question, I answer thusly: Any game requiring the Nintendo Scope. Yoshi's Safari in particular was torture. God help you if 'autofire' didn't work. Playing with the device gifted upon me Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and a giant, Popeye-like right arm. On the bright side, the music in the game was bouncy. It soothes my fevered mind.
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 26, 2012 6:24 a.m.

It's impossible to list those 'minor flaws' without coming to the 'only slightly crap' conclusion: The blue chips were rendered completely pointless by the removal of the Ideya Capture system of progression, links were demoted to a minigame instead of being an intrinsic part of playing well and even the best of the three control methods felt clunky compared to the beautiful fluidity of the original. Also the voice acting and script were abysmal and some of the on-foot missions were painfully dull. Much as I love NiGHTS, the above does mean I have to quantify it as 'only slightly crap', despite the other bits that are still great. Rest assured, it hurt me to say it :D
  • adamforse - March 26, 2012 11:57 a.m.

I concur, you make a fair argument. I found that other components of the game (in particular, the music, environments, and even story), combined with the fact that they tried to expand the gameplay, mitigated most of the flaws. And maybe I'm just a softie, but that ending level was lovely. It made me feel young again, and for precious few moments, the world was a better place. It shares the accolade of "my favourite game" with NiGHTS into Dreams. Perhaps I was too hasty; I shall have my tattoo redone. On the opposite bum cheek.
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 27, 2012 2:13 a.m.

Haha! Lovely :P But yes, I found a lot to smile about in the game too. The musical notes bit was easily as good as anything in Mario Galaxy and when you played every level to A-Grade standard, the level design did shine. But I just wish NiGHTS' movement had felt like 360 degree movement instead of (if I remember correctly) 16 increments. That's why Sonic Team misses Yuji Naka so much - he understands the importance of character control and how the player feels just by moving along the level. JoD always felt like a struggle to me.
  • shawksta - March 26, 2012 5:25 a.m.

Interesting list, I agree once I realize what the hell it feels like l, Wii Sports was terrible, I remember always flicking my wrist to death on baseball and such. That arm wrestling game look interesting, but it broke peoples arms definitly count me out XD
  • DRTHVDRMAN - March 26, 2012 5:17 a.m.

The most painful to me was the original Mario Party. It had that one minigame where you had to rotate the joystick, so I would place my palm over the joystick and twirl it pretty quickly. Thanks to the controller's ridges on the joystick though, I usually finished the game having rubbed away all the skin on my palm
  • EAC73 - March 26, 2012 5:34 a.m.

yes that one minigame, i manage to break one of the joysticks off from that minigame, damn you mario party.