• kit07 - March 26, 2012 11:59 p.m.

all the negativity about the controls for KI:U is why i haven't bought it yet.
  • GameManiac - March 27, 2012 9:48 a.m.

I've bought it, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't know what all the fuss is about yet.
  • Squirrel - March 27, 2012 10:14 p.m.

I've played it quite a bit, with some play sessions lasting 3+ hours. It's true that you'll probably feel a little bit of hand cramping, but it's not crippling or horrendous. It does depend on your body positioning too, but that's true of anything you hold in front of you for hours. But you can adapt to it pretty quickly, and it shouldn't cause anyone to fear the game. Once you get it down the controls become second nature too.
  • purple_omlet - March 26, 2012 10:01 p.m.

I feel like a lot of DS games left you in that position. Remember Metroid Prim Hunters? Shit was killer on my wrist.
  • OohWiiUILookJustLikeBuddyHolly - March 26, 2012 8:48 p.m.

I thought the battlefield one would be about the lights burning out your retina's, but paintballs seems to work as well. Might I suggest that you put previous/next buttons at the bottom of each slide thing, especially if you're going to do long ones like this (which I love, by the way). Scrolling up all the time got annoying.
  • Pwnz0r3d - March 26, 2012 6:12 p.m.

To be honest... I would play the HELL out of the BF3 sim.
  • archnite - March 26, 2012 6:02 p.m.

I'd say Guitar Hero built up fatigue in your fingers, but any PSP game that required the claw hand left me feeling like Jim Carry.
  • zd24 - March 26, 2012 5:54 p.m.

classic jurassic park quote. much respect
  • obviouslyadouche - March 26, 2012 5:41 p.m.

every 3ds game hurts me too play
  • soren7550 - March 26, 2012 5:38 p.m.

So far, the most painful game I've played is Mass Effect 3, and that's only for the ending. It was so bad, so dumb, and so confusing, it actually physically hurt my head and my heart.
  • MattOfSteel - March 26, 2012 6:05 p.m.

God dammit. We. Get. It. People don't like ME3's ending. Rape is bad. Hitler was a dick. Internet comments are largely annoying. Moving on is the only way you'll heal bro.
  • OohWiiUILookJustLikeBuddyHolly - March 26, 2012 8:50 p.m.

But I'm a self entitled fanboy who demands everything cater towards my exact expectations?! How dare you suggest that I shut up and be happy with the rest of this wonderful game that these people poured their heart and souls into!
  • avantguardian - March 27, 2012 12:47 a.m.

+100 xp
  • SonicX_89 - March 27, 2012 5:50 a.m.

Well said Sir
  • BladedFalcon - March 27, 2012 9:10 a.m.

...Yeah, even as someone who hates the ending, this comment feels like it's beating a dead horse. Getting angry at Bioware or venting in the proper articles is one thing, but doing so in other threads is just pushing it >>;
  • FinderKeeper - March 27, 2012 9:12 p.m.

cool story, bro.
  • DEsMONd - March 26, 2012 3:50 p.m.

I don't get what everyone is whining for about Kid Icarus! I think the controls are far better than any Xbox or PS3 game and allows for faster and ultimately funner gameplay. I have played Kid Icarus now for over 20 hours and not once has it hurt my hand to play it! So I find it quite infuriating to see practically every news outlet on earth preaching "Oh it's a briliant game, BUT, see the CONTROLS!!" when this isn't the case. Let people decide for themselves and stop telling it as though it is fact because it is not. It is an opinion that is causing many people to choose not to buy this game! So yeh, just remember, this game didn't hurt me at all, so eh... yeh, remember!
  • malypso - March 27, 2012 12:06 a.m.

Agreed! I'm currently 15 hours in and love every f'n moment of the game. I really hope Nintendo continues the series and keeps on creating beautifully, innovative games that tell a true and pure story. I'm glad I am not a follower and didn't avoid this game, as it's turning out to be one of the greatest Nintendo games ever created!
  • jmcgrotty - March 27, 2012 11:41 p.m.

"I think the controls are far better than any Xbox or PS3 game" That statement makes 100% NO sense. I am guessing you actually have never played the game, or the 3DS at all, for that matter. You do realize that they are touch-screen, right? That alone makse them worthless, indefensible trash... Try playing a touchscreen game befor you praise one, please.
  • Cyberninja - March 26, 2012 3:21 p.m.

for any stylus based game that doesn't have you making circles or taping things in the bottom right corner work by holding normally with your left hand and using your right pinky for suport.