• Redeater - April 30, 2012 12:30 p.m.

I don't remember what the hell it was called but that game on wii where the trailer was entirely in black and white and showed the woman using her wiimote as a torch among other things. I know now that it would have sucked pretty badly because of how awful the wiimote accuracy was on launch but it sure was a great idea at the time.
  • Redeater - April 30, 2012 12:34 p.m.

Found it, it was called Sadness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ7-LGVbMsA Watch this and tell me it didn't look like it had some great ideas. Plus it doesn't hurt that the girl is pretty hot as well.
  • Lindsaaayerin - April 30, 2012 1:46 p.m.

I completely agree with you. When I first saw the name of this article, Sadness was the first thing I thought of. I remember it being one of the first Wii games I was really excited about...
  • passtheketchup123 - April 30, 2012 12:18 p.m.

The Last Guardian might as well be on this list. :(
  • BladedFalcon - April 30, 2012 12:23 p.m.

Not giving up on it just yet. We have E3 coming up soon, and considering Sony's emphasis that they ARE working on it, I have faith that they will show something by then. If they don't... Then yeah, my faith on it will greatly diminish.
  • copydawg - April 30, 2012 12:06 p.m.

My vote for a game that's not meant to be a full fledged game, but merely tech demo (which unfortunately is too good to be left alone) goes to Final Fantasy VI N64 demo. I love FF 6 (or 3 by that time), it's my favorite FF of all. That's why I was devastated it was not actually made into a real game. As for a real game who got scrapped, aside from Megamand Legends 3, Megaman World / Online was pretty disappointing too. Speaking of online, free roaming games, both Fallout MMO and the "original" Fallout 3 (Van Buren) was one of my biggest disappointment ever. I played Fallout 1 & 2 to death. Having played the Elder Scrolls series, seeing Fallout being made into a "futuristic, post-apocalyptic" version of it really disappoints me. The 3/4 point of view is one of Fallout's unique features. But the number one,... greatest disappointment of all is... wait for it... Shenmue III! Nothing could ever matched the heart break knowing it was canceled... again and again, and again.
  • profile0000 - April 30, 2012 12:05 p.m.

Great Top 7, and damnit, I want a Battlefront III.
  • onetimebuster - April 30, 2012 12:01 p.m.

I really wish the game B.C. came out i have to say i cried when i heard it wasnt going to come out.
  • closer2192 - April 30, 2012 11:57 a.m.

No Fear and Respect
  • closer2192 - April 30, 2012 12:31 p.m.

Oops, meant to write "No "Fear and Respect"?". The game with Snoop Dogg made by John Singleton.
  • BladedFalcon - April 30, 2012 11:54 a.m.

Man... I still remember getting so excited for star-craft: Ghost. I remember looking at pics of game-play, and thinking it was gorgeous. And then it got delayed, and delayed some more... And at one point I remember Blizzard blaming the x-box or something and saying that this was why they would not develop for consoles anymore... (I don't know if they really said that with those words, but i was young, and taht was the impression I was left with.) Definitely the game I'm most saddened that it never came to light. it really felt like it had potential.
  • FOZ - April 30, 2012 11:49 a.m.

I don't get the blame being pointed entirely at fans for Legends 3. I thought this site even had an article about how Capcom are lying bastards for cancelling it and even stated fans didn't HAVE to participate in its development. And it was especially hard to participate when Capcom refused to even release the e-Shop version, which you'd think to be a key part of fan participation. Unless that's a joke about it being the fans' fault. And because Lost Planet 3 is such a heavily-demanded game, RE: Raccoon City was a project of the utmost importance, and everyone thinks charging $80 for the real version of SF x Tekken is completely acceptable. Capcom's reasoning is solid. Aside from Capcom's bullshit, I still want to see Battlefront 3. I don't know how it hasn't happened yet.
  • FOZ - April 30, 2012 11:53 a.m.

I wasn't exactly invested in Legends 3, but when they cancel all Mega Man projects, claim they haven't forgotten the brand when everything they do is just trolling people (Box Art Mega Man), and announce things like Lost Planet 3, it's hard not to call Capcom out on being so full of it.
  • Rainbow-Carnage - April 30, 2012 11:46 a.m.

I was really looking forward to BC. That was a while ago though, I doubt many people still remember that game.
  • SirNinja - April 30, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Maybe this doesn't technically count, but how about all those Chrono Trigger fangames that Square cease-and-desisted before release? I'd have loved to play through those. It seems the fans have learned their lesson, though: rumor has it there's yet another Chrono remake in the works (running on Unreal Engine 3, no less), but it's being developed in near-absolute secrecy, and will be distributed on various torrent/filehosting sites as soon as it's done. The creators aren't even going to put their names in the credits, so as not to receive any legal threats from Square, so this one may actually see the light of day.
  • db1331 - April 30, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Resident Evil 1.5
  • UnderdogAsh - April 30, 2012 11:40 a.m.

I would rather play The first version of Mother 3 that was made for the Nintendo 64DD failure. The story was supposed to be ten times darker and I thought it looked impressive, at least to 1998 standards.
  • TanookiMan - April 30, 2012 11:36 a.m.

I too would have like to see Project H.A.M.M.E.R...or Sadness. There were a lot of early Wii games that ended up not coming out, much to my disappointment. Oh yeah, and Earthbound 64, but I guess we kind of got that one...
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 30, 2012 11:41 a.m.

I originally had Earthbound 64 on the list, but I'm 100% sure that Mother 3 is a better game than it ever would have been.
  • Higgins - April 30, 2012 11:32 a.m.

The cancellation of Sam & Max 2 was pretty saddening.