• Knux7 - April 30, 2012 11:34 p.m.

I believe Starcraft: Ghost was dropped because Blizzard North, the team behind initial development, was fired. The new team that attempted to pick up development turned the game from a Splinter Cell-type feel to more of a crazy action game where you can just jump out and murder everything. Oh yeah, and why isn't Duke Nukem Forever on this list? ... What's that, you say? IT'S OUT!? WOW!
  • AuthorityFigure - May 1, 2012 1:33 a.m.

Yeah - I think your DNF example goes to show that people become romantic about what the game MIGHT have been, not what it was GOING to be.
  • NanoElite666 - April 30, 2012 10:44 p.m.

Imma go be sad about Legends 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 now...
  • sixboxes - April 30, 2012 9:29 p.m.

I read that GRIN, makers of the transcendent Bionic Commando: Rearmed, were working on a Strider reboot before the studio got canned. I haven't been thinking about much else since hearing that.
  • SonicX_89 - April 30, 2012 9:03 p.m.

I remember being upset that Frame City Killer was canceled. Watching the trailers for it now are a bit rough but ath the time it looked great.
  • Thequestion 121 - April 30, 2012 9:02 p.m.

I'm still disappointed that Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled. But the other cancelled titles on this list are just as hard to take.
  • quincy-ivey - April 30, 2012 8:29 p.m.

C&C Tiberium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGNaP84kl4
  • jakab11 - April 30, 2012 7:59 p.m.

How about Final Fantasy Versus XIII? I guess it's not strictly cancelled but we've had a handful of screenshots in SEVEN years of development. That said, I wasn't really looking forward to it so much as the fact that the Kingdom Hearts team won't be able to make KH3 until after it's done.
  • KA87 - April 30, 2012 7:38 p.m.

It really sucks when they bait you by putting something that looks great out there and then just pulls the rug out from under you. I just wish that if they were going to put them down that they would do it before we started to get attached. R.I.P to all those games that left us far to soon.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 30, 2012 7:30 p.m.

No Fallout MMO?
  • brickman409 - May 1, 2012 8:53 p.m.

Or van buren. Also I didnt know that fallout mmo got canceled, but at least were getting wasteland 2
  • forestfire55 - April 30, 2012 7:26 p.m.

I was looking forward to fallout online alot b4 it got cancled
  • jiodjflak - April 30, 2012 6:59 p.m.

I'm surprised that Project HAMMER wasn't on this list.
  • IceBlueKirby - April 30, 2012 6:42 p.m.

-Gotham By Gaslight (seriously, I'd have been better off not knowing about it at all than knowing it was cancelled) -Project HAMMER -Chrono Resurrection (not really cancelled more than money-hungry Squenix telling them to stop using their series that they don't care about, but whatever) -Armada of the Damned -That badass looking Indiana Jones game that was cancelled and then became the horrid looking (and not very fun) PS2/Wii game -The PS2 Vectorman game (sure, it probably would have sucked as hard as Beast Rider, but I wanted to see Vectorman again) That's all I can think of right now.
  • kicking222 - April 30, 2012 6:33 p.m.

"METAL ARMS". That's why I would have wanted to play "StarCraft: Ghost". I've never touched a "StarCraft" game in my life, and I probably never will, but "Metal Arms" is one of my favorite games, and it sucks that Swingin' Ape never got to make another title.
  • clint-welding - April 30, 2012 6:06 p.m.

My list would have included (The original) Banjo-Threeie, Donkey Kong Racing, Conker Twelve Tales: 64, The beta Gamecube and Xbox concept of Kameo: Elements of Power (lot of Rare cancellations, I know.) And the original E3 demo concept of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.
  • Killshot - April 30, 2012 6:05 p.m.

Speaking of the cancelled pirates game i still remember former employee Chris Antista doing an interview on that game before it was cancelled. If only the podcast was still around i'd love to hear Coop and the rest talk about their stories involvong the top 7.
  • Japanaman - April 30, 2012 5:48 p.m.

Canceled games are the best games because they never make you feel let down.
  • zd24 - April 30, 2012 5:37 p.m.

SWBF3 ... been waiting forever, i can only beat 2 so many times in 10 years
  • Scammeleon - April 30, 2012 5:26 p.m.

While not technically cancelled, I'm still waiting for the eternally limbo-dwelling "Metroid Dread". I'm convinced that should it ever see the light of day after seven years of development it will have been so refined that its box art alone herald a new dawn of peace and tranquillity across all nations, and the just seeing the title screen will burst a wave of enlightenment across the whole material realm. I think rather highly of 2D Metroid games.