• Engage183 - November 24, 2010 1:07 a.m.

"Or just have VALVe do it" Indeed. You could give VALVe a rubber band, bobby pin, and a straw and they would make a solid GOTY option but it would be delayed 3 times though XD
  • PushesPaperInACircle - November 24, 2010 1:04 a.m.

Shadowrun was only bad if you had ties to the previous incarnations. As a team based shooter it was about a 7. Just don't pay full price for it. I also had RROD. Once they lock you into LIVE, it becomes an addiction though. I think if you wait a year, you might be able to add at least Sony Move, and maybe Kinect.
  • Eliath - November 24, 2010 12:38 a.m.

I've played and beat Shadowrun on the SNES probably a dozen times and still have my cartridge. When Shadowrun was announced for 360 I was tempted to go out and buy one for it. Too bad the game was utter trash and had nothing to do with its roots.
  • Onedown - November 24, 2010 12:31 a.m.

I have never gotten the red ring and I've had a 360 since the first month they were released. I guess I must be lucky.
  • Bonesqaw - November 24, 2010 12:30 a.m.

Hearing the title of this article brought friend codes to my mind. Oh Nintendo, how could you screw it up worse?
  • QWERTYCommander - November 24, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Where's Tony Hawk Ride? A game that ends up killing a beloved series in an attempt to revive it would be a pretty big failure to me.
  • Yeager1122 - November 24, 2010 12:23 a.m.

One of my friends actually loves shadowrun i dont know why i played it didnt like it and my xbox has red ringed once but i got a new one and a free month of live when i got it back.
  • Dullshimmer - November 23, 2010 11:08 p.m.

If you wanted to throw a Sony based fail up their, the firmwares would be far down on my list. I don't really mind them, sure they don't always do anything grand, but I'll take it over having a console that would never be able to update. How about these suggestions: 1. Lair - I mean c'mon this was hype trained massively and failed spectacularly. 2. Haze - See 1 3. Sixaxis - Again massively hyped. How many games have used this well? You can probably count that on one hand. How many games used it recently? You probably don't even need a hand. 4. Sony's entry into this generation - It's easy fodder, but the arrogance and hype was there followed up by a nice serving of humble pie. Sure they're competitive now, but it seems they're playing it more humbly, unless you're Kevin Butler... but who doesn't like KB.
  • legory - November 23, 2010 11:03 p.m.

I have the OG fat 20 gb PS3. Keep telling myself opening week was worth it..
  • CH3BURASHKA - November 23, 2010 11:02 p.m.

Great article! Makes me miss the "7/10" week. Also, a great reminder of all the recent fails. I had a good laugh, or at least a good smile.
  • KnightDehumidifier - November 23, 2010 10:59 p.m.

What about job security in the gaming industry? It's nice to know that dozens of renowned companies with years if not decades of award-winning franchises are shutting down with conglomerate gaming companies swallowing and regurgitating these and many other developers. Free Radical, Factor 5, Midway (despite its horrendous track record at the end of their company), Ensemble, Sierra, Bizarre Creations, Pandemic, just to name a few.
  • Dexsus - November 23, 2010 10:51 p.m.

Alot of people seem quite happy to point out RROD but not the PS3's hardware failures. As a multiplatform owner I've had one RROD(Before Jasper) and 3 Blu-Ray laser fails from the PS3. Now call me crazy but it seems to me like both consoles have their faults, not just the 360.
  • Pytor - November 23, 2010 10:46 p.m.

The RROD is, quite possibly, the worst thing ever to happen in videogame hardware. Faceplates are a great, great idea. Too bad they were gimped by the reasons mentioned.
  • Skykid - November 23, 2010 10:15 p.m.

Here's the one that should have been up there for a laugh: #1 Creation of the Wii. :))
  • wkdtkd - November 23, 2010 10:10 p.m.

You seemed more pissed off at a few firmware updates than the red ring of death...personnally I'd much rather have a console that makes you wait a few minutes to play a game than a console that makes me shell out for a new one almost every 18 months...maybe I just need a journalists salary... :/
  • HankVenture - November 23, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Gah I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Shadow Run...But it is def. a 15 dollar game since there is really NOTHING in the game. I still find the concept and game play tons of fun and me and my friends still play it when we get tired of CoD or Halo.. mainly CoD because we are always tired of Halo. Still I think it was a fun game that just needed more to it. pherin abominably
  • flare149 - November 23, 2010 10:07 p.m.

Fun fact: I use my 360 so little that I've never needed more than the 20GB I got originally. In fact, I've still got like 6 GB's left haha
  • Hotdiddykong - November 23, 2010 10:03 p.m.

Thats why most wii games's multiplayer is with random people. Friend codes is the only annoying thing about its online play otherwise its still good, but needs more work.
  • rxb - November 23, 2010 9:55 p.m.

I thought face places were a good idea, still got my Lost Planet faceplate on now. 3rd 360 though.
  • Lolacaust - November 23, 2010 9:34 p.m.

Thankfully my xbox hasnt died on me yet after nearly 3 years of hardcore playing but there are some issues as to reading the disk. Anyone else had that problem?