• christopherdiaz - July 28, 2011 1:13 a.m.

Armageddon was terribly disappointing. Guerrilla was a massive freeroaming world, with awesome vehicles(AND MECHS), and every single building, bridge, and traffic sign, could be destroyed, obliterated, knocked down, or vaporized. Red Faction 1 had it where there's a room with lots of guys, instead of plowing through them, dig a tunnel AROUND them. Or get inside a giant Drill Machine and tunnel straight to your objective. Armageddon was linear, despite having powerful weaponry, you couldn't even make a microscopic HOLE in a wall, and it was overall a dull experience. Red Faction will be missed, but I hope they change their minds and just pretend Armageddon never existed.
  • DevonOO7 - July 28, 2011 1:13 a.m.

All anyone wanted to do has break shit, and there is not that much shit to break underground.
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - July 28, 2011 1:11 a.m.

Gah, Red Faction 2* was honestly....
  • Hydrohs - July 28, 2011 1:11 a.m.

I also still play Guerrilla. Why they chose to move away from open world I'm not sure, I'd be completely behind Armageddon if it was basically Guerrilla with the ability to repair structures.
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - July 28, 2011 1:10 a.m.

This kind of bums me out actually. I was planning on picking up Armageddon eventually, and I loved Guerilla. Guerilla still has some of the best MP of the current generation of consoles. It sucks people never really caught on. Red Faction was honestly this series only misstep, though I guess the entire concept of Armageddon could be called one too, even if the game itself was pretty awesome. It was so off putting after Guerilla to be underground fighting monsters, I can see why no one really bought into it. Oh well, it had a fun run.
  • Deathdeisel - July 28, 2011 1:09 a.m.

This is sad somewhat. The first Red Faction was awesome imo. Me and my brother would play it for hours, making tunnels with rockets, and then sniping with the rail gun or assault rifle. The second red faction i thought was good, but graphics was kinda bad. The third one my brother played, and said it was so bad, he didnt even wanna play it at all, and we returned it that week. I believe if they went back to a FPS, then it would sell nicely. With better graphics of course. And first?
  • SirNinja - July 28, 2011 1:07 a.m.

I still play Guerilla often these days. There's a nice mod you can get for the PC version that lets you reconstruct stuff (a la Armageddon's Nano Forge), and Wrecking Crew is still cathartic as hell. Who doesn't love tearing up buildings with miniature black hole bombs or thermobaric rocket launchers? It's a shame Armageddon was so linear. On its own merits it was decent enough, but Guerilla's open-world mayhem was a tough act to follow.