You can go almost anywhere in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and now that includes inside walls. YouTuber Soul Xavi posted this walkthrough video for an easy, almost foolproof glitch to get Link inside structures, mountainsides, or just about any other big piece of vertical terrain. I can vouch for how simple and effective it is - that's how I got the above image, taken inside the mountains near Dueling Peaks Stables, on my first try.
If you can't watch the video or just want the quick instructions, here's how to do it:
- Save somewhere safe because you're probably going to get stuck
- Get on a horse (head to Dueling Peaks Stables if you don't have one yet)
- Back the horse up so it's perpendicular to a wall, facing out
- Jump off the horse then immediately pause and save in midair
- Load the saved game and enjoy your new subterranean prison
In other games, wall-clipping glitches like this could be used to skip levels and otherwise really mess things up. But Breath of the Wild already gives players so much freedom that this glitch feels relatively innocuous - just a way to see some neat, hidden space. Who knows though, maybe it will become an essential part of the speedrunner's toolkit... at least until Nintendo patches it out.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!