Topics

WTF

• SoutheastSam - September 23, 2010 5:53 a.m.

Jim, you should just start working for GR full-time
  • NanoElite666 - September 23, 2010 5:05 a.m.

You know what I'm sick of games making me do? Run out of ammo! Screw that shit!
  • sleepy92ismypsn - September 23, 2010 5:04 a.m.

The platforming was my favorite part of the Uncharted games. Climbing buildings in inFAMOUS was kind of a drag but it wasn't that big of a deal. You need to stop being so picky Jim.
  • Spybreak8 - September 23, 2010 4:04 a.m.

Granted it doesn't need to be in every game but Alchemy, Lock Picking and Stealth/not in a stealth game were very cool and I spent hours doing all of them.^^
  • Baron164 - September 23, 2010 3:55 a.m.

I hate escort missions, always have and always will. Luckily they don't get used that much anymore. As far lock picking and hacking I can somewhat agree. I feel that games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion put it in there so if you decided to become a thief you can fallow that path and grab yourself some good gear that otherwise you would not be able to find. It's not a pretty minigame but I don't generally have a problem with it.
  • phoenix_wings - September 23, 2010 3:52 a.m.

I liked Fallout 3's lockpicking, but despised the hacking portions. If I had a dollar for every time I spun around and shot Ashley in the face, well...it happened a couple times, so I guess I could go out and buy a soda.
  • JimSterling - September 23, 2010 3:40 a.m.

"I had no ideal this was the Week of Hate" If you think this is bad, you have no idea. I'll show you a week of hate.
  • goochbiscuit - September 23, 2010 3:20 a.m.

old swan's cum does indeed suck, jim.
  • Darkhawk - September 23, 2010 2:31 a.m.

I'm sorry, but hand-holding Ashley through hordes of zombies was not my idea of fun in RE4. You remember how much it sucked in that room where you had to turn the switches while (literally) 100's of zombies swarmed you? Hahaha... whatever, dude. Ico is the greatest. And yeah, PoP (cel) had a wicked "escort".
  • NappyAfro - September 23, 2010 2:29 a.m.

I had no ideal this was the Week of Hate cause. I might be part of the minority that doesn't agree with this article at all. There are some good points, like the climbing but the final few paragraphs about escorting some 'bitch' is just down right offensive.
  • Fusionmix - September 23, 2010 1:45 a.m.

OH DEAR GOD WITH THE STEALTHING. I almost quit Wind Waker with that stupid Forbidden Fortress crap. That level sucked.
  • outlyer - September 23, 2010 1:45 a.m.

Toss in the "follow without being spotted" missions and the one-off driving sections for good measure. And running up in walls as in Prototype should be standard for any game that can even seldomly justify it (*cough*inFamous*cough*Crackdown*cough*)
  • batmanboy11 - September 23, 2010 1:16 a.m.

I am also sick of these things.
  • alphaman - September 23, 2010 12:59 a.m.

Escort missions (babysitting) are often found in these lists, and rightfully so, however there has been one HUGE exception to this: the Freespace series. Granted, at least half (maybe even 3/4) of the content revolves around such protection so it's not exactly a one-off mission in the games, but it was done well in them, and fits the nature of the game. One of the few non-flight/space sim series that did this well (depending on opinion) has been Elder Scrolls, with "essential" characters for many such missions. Sure, might be a tad less immersive, but they can actually help out and serve as nice decoys.
  • Thegynecologistwithchipmunkcheeks - September 23, 2010 12:33 a.m.

I didn't mind Oblivion's too much because lock picking is easy once you've got the skeleton key, just button mash X until it opens up, but for other games it eventually becomes a pain in the ass.
  • AnonymouZ - September 23, 2010 12:33 a.m.

goddamn... this article reads like it was written by someone who didn't like videogames at all xD
  • paganpoet - September 23, 2010 12:22 a.m.

All the Resident Evil 5 hate...I understand what you all mean, but I can't stay mad at Sheva or Chris. They're too attractive.
  • Sabtos - September 23, 2010 12:12 a.m.

However, the last two, hammering buttons and babysitting, RIGHT ON MFERs!
  • Dumas - September 23, 2010 12:11 a.m.

I sort of agree with climbing in games.Games like Uncharted are really boring when it comes to climbing....You have a certain path you have to follow which kinda sucks. And stealth in games is always fun, for example Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's sniper level with Captain Macmillan, Best thing ever in any Call of Duty game....The first couple times anyway.
  • Sabtos - September 23, 2010 12:10 a.m.

I LOVE CLIMBING! Viewpoints in AC got a little tiring, but I still had fun! This is a rare disagreement in which I'm positive! Yes Exclamation Point !