• se.phi.roth13 - July 2, 2010 3:25 a.m.

Ok honestly all of you are bitching about a remake for different FF games but really VII is the best out of all of them because seriously there is a reason they made a movie out of the 7th and none of the others so all you against the remake can go suck on that one
  • kiedistidus - June 17, 2010 7:27 p.m.

Why doesnt anyone mention the fact that when crisis core was released in Japan(I was in tokyo for the release) Square enix sold official final fantasy 7 potions with a book covering every aspect of anything ff7 related including screenshots of the ff7 tech demo with a message saying "we hope to meet final fantasy VII again"(I have this book) and also that tetsuya nomura has been qouted to have said on numerous occasions that a ff7 remake will be possible when every member of the original team of creators are available to work on it.In all honesty though after the traversty that was Final fantasy 13 (aka final fantasy for idiots) the thought of a remake makes me shudder, the high possibility of them tarnishing the most perfect piece of gaming history is reason enough not to bother!!
  • Heyexclamationpoint - April 18, 2010 8:09 p.m.

"I'd just grab VIII without a second thought." Anyone who would choose FFVIII over FFVII is a cylon in disguise. GET HIM!
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 18, 2010 1:17 p.m.

Why are people hating on the possibility of a FFVII remake.
  • 8bitBaby - April 18, 2010 2:59 a.m.

..."sigh"
  • popcornuk - April 17, 2010 12:26 a.m.

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE. MOVE ON. It doesn't matter how long it's been. It could be 20 years! This is the game that was non PC that brings back the most memories for me. I bought it again on the psp and I would pay a proper price for a remake seeing as FFXIII was good but it didn't leave me with the lingering memories that VII did. There has been no finer rpg game since VII IMO. There is a big enough audience for it due to the fact that advent children was so big in western markets and that FVII has sold so well on the ps3 store. This is all my opinion and you can disagree all you want :)
  • slickninja - April 16, 2010 9:59 p.m.

They would be very, very dumb if they didn't make this game. Look at the Playstation Store's number one download, FF7. Square Enix is wasting countless hours, money and people power making all these horrible games(Dirge of Cerberus, FF13, WTF?)when they could be making what would no doubt be the number one selling game of the next year or two. Everyone wants it and squenix is too busy coming up with characters that have no personality and honestly, look nothing like their supposed gender. Make the remake, get your money, everyone wins!
  • super0sonic - April 16, 2010 6:08 a.m.

I like that Before Crisis artwork. it looks rather sharp.
  • chrisrapp - April 16, 2010 1:34 a.m.

and to clovin64 they could do just like they did in disidia with both a command style and a free rom style fighting
  • chrisrapp - April 16, 2010 1:31 a.m.

unless they planned on just using it to see how many people they could trick they already have made an anouncment that they are making the remake at the end of crisis core and that it would be on PS3
  • ryacer - April 16, 2010 12:25 a.m.

HERES TO HOPE!!! ALSO I WOULD REALLY LIKE MY KINGDOM HEARTS 3 NOW!
  • Natas_Fo_Retsam - April 15, 2010 10:50 p.m.

FF7 is the best game ive ever played and still after all the xbox and ps3 games it still beats them they have to do a remake just for the fans ;P
  • Link555 - April 15, 2010 9:19 p.m.

we need this remake, come on SE!
  • Schnipke - April 15, 2010 8:01 p.m.

I have to ask, have they even come out with a remake for V or VI yet? andif they haven't, then if they do decide to do a remake for VII, it will take even longer still for it to come out.
  • Jacob816 - April 15, 2010 3:55 p.m.

I really would like to see a remake of FFVII. I didn't have a PSOne back in the day, so I never played. I bought the PSN release of it a little while ago, but it was just to ugly for me to play.
  • GameManiac - April 15, 2010 3:42 p.m.

I haven't even played FFVII. Although I feel as though I should. The only true FF game I've played is FFIV, and it was incredible, albeit difficult.
  • Millikin - April 15, 2010 1:42 p.m.

Just do it, Square, dagnabbit. None of your recent RPGs have really been any good, give us this one thing. We'll empty the shelves of every game store in the country. You know this.
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - April 15, 2010 12:39 p.m.

Strange how nobody makes fun of this "hinted re-make" that's gone on for about ten years. But everyone hates Duke Nukem Forever for pretty much the same reasons
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 15, 2010 12:07 p.m.

Aaaannd it's not gonna happen. Shadap. Dammit, remake it yourself if it's that big of a deal!
  • philipshaw - April 15, 2010 11:53 a.m.

I would love to see a remake, that tech demo had me thinking it was coming back in the day