• AqueousBoy - October 21, 2009 4:49 p.m.

I don't intend to blow your minds, but the circle on the PS controller can also double as the letter "O".
  • Styrophoamicus - October 21, 2009 3:26 p.m.

Great article. Can't wait to see Part 2 (make sure to give the Game Boy some luv)
  • hobojesse - October 21, 2009 11:13 a.m.

classical Paul Ryan! joke so funny, many can't comprehend! Don't you all know Paul is in college? people in college don't make mistakes!
  • Cyberninja - October 21, 2009 10:35 a.m.

now i see they are saying the best for part 2 like the n64
  • mrandydixon - October 21, 2009 6:38 a.m.

I'm excited for part two, when we'll no doubt witness the birth of the plastic guitar strum.
  • dox32 - October 21, 2009 5:56 a.m.

Why didn't anyone talk about the N64 controller?
  • MexicAntista - October 21, 2009 5:55 a.m.

Hopefully part two has the Intellivision controller. That control disc was amazing and has never been duplicated. Screw directional pads and their 8 directions. That wheel gave you 16 directions of movement. I demand that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo step up their game.
  • TheWebSwinger - October 21, 2009 4:08 a.m.

Wow. Paul Ryan? Is this a post-mortem article? Either way, it's goddamn amazing.
  • brickman409 - October 21, 2009 3:37 a.m.

maybe its just my 360 but the 360 power button feels like the buttons you were talking about ath the begining of this page
  • Samael - October 21, 2009 2:10 a.m.

OMGPAULRYAN!
  • AMayer - October 21, 2009 1:23 a.m.

I would have enjoyed learning about the "Black" and "White" buttons on and original XBox controller. Isn't that why you went to this alleged "Grad School?"
  • kerfuffled_brizzle792 - October 21, 2009 1 a.m.

awesome article that becomes even more awesome if you read it to yourself in Paul Ryan's voic
  • nadrewod999 - October 21, 2009 12:58 a.m.

@Z-man427 I know that you were the first to point out the incorrect number, I just added the fact that, instead of an alphabet filled with letters, they were saying we had a "24-WORD alphabet" Also, I just wanted to do those South Park Impressions ;) P.S. @GR I didn't mean to disrespect you, just laugh a funny error.
  • garnsr - October 21, 2009 12:32 a.m.

I never really noticed how much the arrangement of alphabetical buttons has changed over the years. From BA on NES, to ABC on Genesis, to a square with YXBA on DS, to the reversed XYAB on 360. I still have a hard time with QTE on 360, I can't remember how the letters are laid out. DualShock's layout took me some time to get used to, but Parappa was perfect for figuring it out.
  • Sabtos - October 21, 2009 12:24 a.m.

"We’ve pushed it several times, and encountered no difficulties whatsoever." LMFAO!
  • grappler51 - October 20, 2009 11:34 p.m.

Paul Ryan back from the dead!!!!
  • onewingedantista - October 20, 2009 11:19 p.m.

w00t! Paul!!
  • Aforextreme - October 20, 2009 10:42 p.m.

I read this entire article in Paul Ryan's voice.
  • bugmenot - October 20, 2009 10:39 p.m.

Besides the obvious omission of the N64 Z, what about the L3 and R3? An analog stick that is also a button? Now that's something different.
  • peace4me - October 20, 2009 10:35 p.m.

I lol'd at paul including the dualshock three times for totally different reasons each.