Topics

Top 7

• reyalejandro13 - February 17, 2009 5:22 a.m.

well, not that i know anyone who played Prey, but that had some pretty bad minigames. I remember a blackjack-esque card game(or was it poker? aww, who cares) and a horrible pac-man ripoff. just hated them. and they were actually worth achievements. THAT I GOT! i feel more sad now.
  • Pansa - February 17, 2009 5:03 a.m.

WOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST COMMENT IVE EVER POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • FrozenImplosion - February 17, 2009 2:59 a.m.

what about the snake minigame in naruto the broken bond? its not just that it wasn't fun, but not being able to do it prevented two achievements.. TWO ACHIEVEMENTS.
  • theschwartzb - February 17, 2009 2:53 a.m.

I had very little trouble on the Zero-G basketball, even though my kenesis had nary and upgrade. Wasnt the greatest mini-game (nor as fun as the shooting range in Dead Space) but better than many others i have played as well.
  • skelt - February 17, 2009 12:03 a.m.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the PDA mini game in Alien Hominid on XBLA. I thought that game was awesome but that minigame was just straight tedious.
  • RedOutlive10 - February 16, 2009 11:02 p.m.

I agree with this article. I remember how Pazaak and GTA:SA games were downright terrible.
  • Craza - February 16, 2009 10:38 p.m.

Hehe, I remember playing Pazaak, I kinda liked it, but I loved the whole game....still haven't beaten the second one yet. D: *Ashamed* Oh, and Chewie is playing against C3P0 not R2D2, but I'm sure that's already been pointed out.
  • mrmak - February 16, 2009 10:06 p.m.

@LordRevan111 actually, I believe it was Dengar that rescued Boba Fett from the Sarlacc Pit. Oh and Blitzball was terrible
  • MrSegraves - February 16, 2009 8:40 p.m.

Actually, the Ewoks won on the forest moon of Endor, not Kashyyyk. That'd be the Wookie planet, boys.
  • LordRevan111 - February 16, 2009 8:30 p.m.

Speaking of which, useless Star Wars trivia, Boba Fett didnt actually die, he crawled out, just wanted to throw that out there. . .
  • Z-man427 - February 16, 2009 8:29 p.m.

I'm not one to pick, but that screen cap from KotOR, did not look like anything from the original KotOR. and the Ewoks lived on Endor, not Kashyyyk. that was the Wookiee homeworld. and you call yourselves nerds
  • KillDrone - February 16, 2009 8:14 p.m.

Lol, star wars debate in the gamesradar comments.
  • skyguy343 - February 16, 2009 7:33 p.m.

i thought han solo told r2 to let the wookie win?
  • heartskuppy - February 16, 2009 6:40 p.m.

i thought cub3d was actually a pretty decent little puzzle game, not that it wasn't annoying having to get the high score. felt for sure that card game from FF8 would be on the list. (can't remember what it's called)
  • iluvmyDS - February 16, 2009 6:34 p.m.

Gah blitzball. -groan- Oh and that's C3PO not R2D2 good sir.
  • Hinro - July 3, 2009 8:30 p.m.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I'm going to set some things straight about the movies. It was R2D2 playing against Chewbacca and I can say this with 100% certinty because I am watching Episode IV as I right this and it's on the scene that they are playing. I personally would love to play dejarik. I think it would be an excellent game to play and Chewbacca seemed to be enjoying himself when he was playing. Also, In the movie lore Boba Fett's fate is undetermined. The books say he planted a few thermal detonators throughout the Sarlacc and blew his way out. Wether he's still living in the movie lore is a compleatly different story and cannot be proven one way or the other because we only see Boba fall into the Sarlacc and it takes months/years for a sarlacc to digest their food and Boba was wearing armor which would take even longer to digest so there is a possibility that he escaped. Thirdly, I thought that pazaak was an okay game in the secound KOTOR game and the Fable II minigames I thought were alright but the thing we all need to understand, These are minigames that are not needed to finish the game. If you do not like the mini-game then just don't play it. It's as simple as that, These games were just put in because the developers thought that people would enjoy these games and, based on the responses that other people have posted, some of them liked the mini-games that were said to be the worst out there. In conclusion, I feel that the developers of these games succeeded in their quest to have a mini-game that will be remembered because, clearly, people either liked the mini-games a lot or they hated them. Both of these outcomes probably increases the likeness that people will like the actual game. People who like the mini-game will like the game because it's two good games for the price of one and the people who do not like these mini-games will like the actual game more because they have seen, in their opinion, a horrible game so their opinion on the actual game is greater. Of the list above, how many of those games are considered 8 or higher? I know that KOTOR, Fable II and Mass Effect are all rated above 8 and I believe that Grand Theft Auto and FFX are also rated above 8. That would be 5 out of 7 of these games with horrible mini-games that are considered to be excellent games (possible the other two as well but I never heard of those games so I'm not judging them because I don't have enough information on them). I feel that we should thank these apparently "horrible mini-games" because, one way or another, these mini-games made the games that they are in to be considered the best in their times.
  • EighmyLupin - May 4, 2009 9:18 a.m.

I love Pazaak, I hated the Fable games and I could live without Blitzball
  • scatmanjones - April 14, 2009 1:36 a.m.

Dude i soo did not Uranus sounds "your anus" (sarcasm)
  • kurgan2001 - February 28, 2009 1:24 p.m.

R2 was the one actually playing against Chewbacca. Watch the movie and 3PO says 'Now be careful R2' .. just because 3PO is pictured doesn't mean he was the one actually playing against Chewie.
  • Shank3d - February 20, 2009 1:50 a.m.

Oh come on, who wouldn't want to play Dejarik?