Topics

Top 7

• Tasty_Pasta - September 29, 2008 11:14 p.m.

Man, I used to love the King's Quest games, but they never made any logical sense at all. I had to use those damn online strategy guides to get through every one. I mean, c'mon, for a point-n-click adventure game?!?! Gimme a break.
  • purpleshirt - September 29, 2008 10:32 p.m.

well duhhh 2+2 obviously equals fish sheesh what kind of idiots do they take us for.
  • gulfcoastfella - September 29, 2008 10:17 p.m.

They say that more intelligent people have a better sense of humor. Hmmm, these guys had trouble with a few puzzles in some... puzzle games. Puzzles... humor... fantasy... creativity... originality... WOW, I JUST DON'T GET IT! No wonder everyone who ever played these games hates them! Let's throw every last copy of these "me head hurt now" games into a giant bon-fire. I'll get the matches, you guys get the rubber duck. Ha ha....
  • theaznboy510 - September 29, 2008 10:04 p.m.

the lastone was funny = ) ill try the mustache l8r
  • drprofessor - September 29, 2008 9:51 p.m.

lol nice list. how about the puzzle in Star Tropics here you have to wet your freakin game manual. that was balls. specially if you didnt have the manual. you where seriously fudged.
  • xMrGrey - September 29, 2008 9:19 p.m.

I love the last one, because cat fur + maple syrup = Best Mustache ever.
  • sloppy - October 3, 2008 2:36 p.m.

You want to sign up through my site http://wantafreegift.webs.com and get a free gift. No cash? that's okay you don't need any! want an ipod, iphone, 360, wii, ps3, psp, ds, all you need to do is to complete 1 offer which can be the Lovefilm DVD free trial or block buster free trial!
  • smallberry - October 1, 2008 2:06 a.m.

Yeah as much as I love Gabe, that puzzle had it coming. Great article Charlie.
  • cricket0 - September 30, 2008 10:47 p.m.

I hate puzzles that dont relate to anything!
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - September 30, 2008 10:25 p.m.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. In case it wasn't clear in the article, I personally LOVE all of these games (well, Touch Detective's just okay). I grew up on adventure games and miss them something terrible.
  • KEEPFROMFREEZIN - September 30, 2008 9:54 p.m.

doesnt pie just find a way to solve all of your problems?
  • CptCHARLES - September 30, 2008 9:19 p.m.

Ha, I liked the last one best 'cus it had the most complex and random solution and wasn't even important, I mean you look nothing like the guy and taking a cab could've worked a lot better!
  • GreyDay - September 30, 2008 7:20 p.m.

Fantastic list, and as always hilariously pieced together with fitting imagery and charlie's wit
  • tacolord - September 30, 2008 7:15 p.m.

:O man....im glad i dont have to play these games! holy crap......pie? rubber inflatable ducks? cat mustache!!! i have to give my cat a shave now...
  • Thequestion 121 - September 30, 2008 6:31 p.m.

Wow. Those puzzles didn't make any sense whatsoever. Especially the cat mustache!
  • The_Tingler - September 30, 2008 4:55 p.m.

Mostly great, but I will excuse the Escape From Monkey Island one because the lower windows and doors are locked, and the manager won't let you in.
  • JohnnyFirebird - September 30, 2008 7:05 a.m.

I finished Space Quest IV without a hint book. I do remember being baffled at that part, and basically hammering in a bunch of numbers until I got the right one. I was also 12 at the time, and finished the game without help in two days... sheesh. It wasn't that hard.
  • ELpork - September 30, 2008 6:56 a.m.

I think all of the puzzles here could be solved with a well placed .50 stub noised pistol round.
  • Romination - September 30, 2008 3:04 a.m.

musical parasites was just a clever title for the RE4 one. At first i kinda thought it was like the frogs in Ocarina that you play for and they give you a heart, but THAT is out there.
  • Craza - September 30, 2008 1:50 a.m.

Excellent article. I loved it! And 2+2=5 is one of my fave songs. ^^