Topics

Top 7

• MATTSHADOW - September 6, 2009 4:30 p.m.

i thought dead space was a very good game but simpsons road rage was indeed and rip off
  • Englishman931 - September 3, 2009 4:54 p.m.

The game even came in three different versions (Sun, Star and Moon), mimicking Pokémon Red, Green and Blue. mimicking Pokémon Red, Green and Blue. Red, Green and Blue. Green . . . wat
  • gmilf71 - September 3, 2009 7:34 a.m.

lol yes but in dead space its not a rip of cuz theres plenty of zombie/monster games, and all 3rd person games have over the shoulder aiming ex: starwars battle front, Ratchet and clank future, GTA, ect.
  • RedOutlive10 - September 3, 2009 2:04 a.m.

To be honest, similarities aside Rare did a good job with Banjo games back then, the titles had a much bigger "charisma", and other details in the gameplay department that made them funnier for me.
  • ELpork - September 2, 2009 8:01 p.m.

And the guy's that made robopon weren't sued why?
  • Turkeykilla7 - September 1, 2009 11:38 p.m.

Didnt every 3-D game rip off Super Mario 64. Come now lets not single out an amazing game like Banjo Kazooie
  • RonnyLive19881 - September 1, 2009 3:43 a.m.

Hmmm... I liked Simpsons Road Rage loads more than Crazy Taxi! There is no competition for me Lol. Crazy Taxy was just down right boring... Dead Space was amazing but didn't even touch the awesomness of the Resident Evil Franchise. Even RE5.
  • jar-head - September 1, 2009 2:48 a.m.

If Dead Space copied from RE4...Then why do most gamers,(including myself0 Prefer Dead space over RE5? Hell, RE5 wasnt even Horror!
  • Amnesiac - September 1, 2009 1:06 a.m.

Holy hell, I thought I was the only person on earth who remembered Robopon.
  • jschild - September 1, 2009 12:34 a.m.

I can't believe they left out Bioshock. It simply could not have existed without System Shock 2, borrowing liberally from almost every part of that game. Is i a ripoff? No, it's an inspired game, but it copies virtually every game element intact.
  • CoD_22 - August 31, 2009 11:43 p.m.

i'm surprised the simpsons: hit and run isnt on this list for completely ripping off gta but with a certificate that allows kids to spend money on it.
  • lovinmyps3 - August 31, 2009 9:25 p.m.

I actually kinda enjoyed Road Rage. I don't know why. Probably because it was one of my first PS2 games. And by the way... the original Pokemon games were Red, Blue, and Yellow; not green.
  • Stabby_Joe - August 31, 2009 9:17 p.m.

And yet Dead Space was better than the sequel to Resident Evil 4.
  • gatornation1254 - August 31, 2009 8:59 p.m.

In a way Crash Team Racing is a Mario Kart clone.
  • Ulukai - August 31, 2009 8:52 p.m.

I felt Dead Space was more of a rip off of System Shock and Doom 3 personally. But i would add a touch of Res 4 in there.
  • gopikmin - August 31, 2009 8:23 p.m.

Pokemon green only came out in japan. Pokemon Blue came everywhere except japan.
  • prahanormal - August 31, 2009 8:23 p.m.

Dead space bored me to tears. I didn't feel even the bit amerced or scared throughout the entire game. I do agree it was a lot better than Resident Evil 5 though.
  • Yar - August 31, 2009 7:26 p.m.

Although I liked this article, I had to laugh at your Dead Space comment... The photocopied premise: A gun-toting protagonist shoots loads of corpse-harvesting monsters in a hostile environment. That's pretty much every Resident Evil game, not to mention Dead Rising. Actually, just every game with zombies. You didn't really narrow it down much. :P
  • Yeager1122 - August 31, 2009 7:05 p.m.

I had never heard of robopon untill now cant beleive they got away with ripping everything off everything that is pokemon.
  • GamerTagsSuck - August 31, 2009 6:11 p.m.

I definitly like banjo better just because of the dialogue. And abilities you fins. and there was a sequal.