Topics

Top 7

• christinahelton - September 17, 2009 3:19 p.m.

I played all of the Zork games, Planetfall, Hitchhiker's, and Leather Goddess of Phobos when I was a kid. The funniest thing about the latter one was it came with a "scratch and sniff" card. The only one I remember though was the one where you smelled rotten pizza in a bathroom.
  • TheWebSwinger - August 18, 2009 1:22 a.m.

Ahhh the article Charlie was born to write. And the role Chris was born to play.
  • RamenDragon - August 16, 2009 1:44 a.m.

Wow, this article actually inspired me to write a song about text adventure games. Congratulations, Bearhat.
  • BrushieTundra - August 14, 2009 5:18 a.m.

OMG I played Witness on my TI-99 4A. It was a damn fun game. FYI- Had to load it onto my computer by cassette tape.
  • BigBossOSE - August 11, 2009 4:51 p.m.

@Cyberninja good to know that getting first comment was worth posting before you actually read the entire article, dickhead. As for not imagining games with just words, it sounds like you haven't been into games nearly long enough to appreciate this site.
  • STR33TFiR3 - August 11, 2009 3:22 p.m.

I played
  • crumbdunky - August 11, 2009 7:58 a.m.

Full text games were just a product of their time that, sadly, offered a little less the mystery adventure books of the same time. After all you could take a book into the bath/bog but not your ZX81/Speccy/C64.
  • CountFenring - August 11, 2009 6:03 a.m.

haha... I had a very shitty day. Thanks Charlie, you made it a little better. Thanks.
  • dahsif - August 11, 2009 4:32 a.m.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA @ the last part. HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA The mystery surrounding that masterpiece is killing me. Tight red dress; black nylon stockings, chained to a tree...MMMMMMMM
  • Mittenz - August 11, 2009 3:44 a.m.

:You enter the room and see Chris Antista sprawled on the bed in a tight red dress :As you aproach, you detect the scent of pizza in the air WHAT DO YOU DO: 1.discuss games as an artform 2.tell Chris how much you love talkradar 3.unbuckle belt 2."OMG CHRIS YOUR AMAZING" I WANTS
  • Ninja-KiLLR - August 11, 2009 12:01 a.m.

now that last one. there is something to think about. lol
  • 435 - August 10, 2009 11:46 p.m.

As someone who regularly engages in text-only games online... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - August 10, 2009 10:26 p.m.

Holy shit, FlyinMX just wrote our next podcast. (Maybe.)
  • FlyinMX - August 10, 2009 9:42 p.m.

You guys should do a playthrough of doctor Otto with Chris making all the decisions. I would laugh my ass off at that!
  • manaconda - August 10, 2009 9:07 p.m.

charlie that was hilarious, instant classic. cant wait to hear more about it on the podcast.
  • Hinro - August 12, 2009 9:24 p.m.

I actually played a text based game. They aren't as bad as people think they are. If you use your imagination then they're fine. Of course, if I had the choice between a modern game and a text one I would most likely pick the modern one because you know exactly what you are seeing. However, the stories of the old games were far better and more discriptive which, to me, means it's a better game
  • ELpork - August 11, 2009 7:36 p.m.

Wow.... that last one was.... umm... hmm..
  • adadadad - August 11, 2009 7:03 p.m.

FIRST! GD GD ARTEILCLE. MAY THINK SEXY TIM COMES WITH A FEW LETTERS (ALPHA NUMERIC) "XBOX 360" MAKE MAY SWOON. /WIN. RESPECT TO XBOX BROOTHERS.
  • MechGyver - August 11, 2009 3:44 p.m.

Arrrgh!ME likes what me sees boyos! Keep jackin!
  • STR33TFiR3 - August 11, 2009 3:24 p.m.

I played Amnesia - a good text adventure which was the first appearance of New York city in a game. And I loved it.