Topics

Top 7

• StoneDreadnaught - May 9, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Dear Sega, Gunstar Heroes HD. Love, StoneDreadnaught.
  • Curtis_Stone - May 9, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Oh Jet Set Radio, how I love you so!!
  • GrandHarrier - May 9, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Yes, God yes. I want a REAL Phantasy Star successor. Algol was a fascinating backdrop for an amazing series that was truly ahead of its time.
  • IntimidatingStair - May 9, 2011 10:13 p.m.

Kid Chameleon and Jet Set are my most wanted, good read.
  • Robusken - May 9, 2011 10:15 p.m.

Please, a new Jet Set Radio would be freaken fantastic! I almost wonder why Sega decides to just not do anything with these games and continue with their movie games.
  • sirdilznik - May 9, 2011 10:19 p.m.

I miss Phantasy Star so much (Online doesn't count). It's one of the quintessential jRPG series and it's absence weighs heavily even in a market saturated with jRPGs.
  • bigwill1221 - May 9, 2011 10:19 p.m.

I'm confused about the phantasy star one.. hasn't there been a newish game for that?... Also agree with everything elseeee... hmmm now I'm bored and want to see if marketplace has jetset radio
  • Psylockerules - May 9, 2011 10:29 p.m.

Alterd beast, streets of rage & can i say fighting vipers? Or is that cheating because of the huge vitua fighter influence? I also remember a game where you were a bounty hunter which i loved despite it controlling like ass think it was manhunter? The open worlds prototype style could be grand
  • FamousMortimer - May 9, 2011 10:36 p.m.

It's not a series, but I'm a huge fan of Skies of Arcadia. Good times.
  • HumorTumor - May 9, 2011 10:42 p.m.

I played almost all of these, and would love to see them return. But mostly Gunstar Heroes, which would need beautiful sprites and 2d sidescrolling
  • JSayonara - May 9, 2011 10:44 p.m.

@Crumbdunky They didn't. Though you did get an extended healthbar every so often for levelling up IIRC.
  • TDUBBS - May 9, 2011 10:52 p.m.

On second thought I don't know if these are actually Sega or not, but I remember playing a lot of Fur Fighters and Ooga Booga on my friends Dreamcast in third grade so those would be fun to revisit even though they probably suck now.
  • PlainLikeVanilla - May 9, 2011 11:09 p.m.

I would pay hundreds of dollars for a new Jet Set Radio, Skys of Arcadia, or Toy Commander game.
  • BobsYurUncle - May 9, 2011 11:27 p.m.

Gun Star Heroes takes the cake. Best genesis game ever.
  • BLOODmuffins - May 9, 2011 11:31 p.m.

@everybody who gets pissed because GamesRadar "forgot" to include your favorite series: They didn't forget. They just decided not to include it because you are a bitch and your tastes suck. So stop bitching. Great article as always!
  • FVHound - May 9, 2011 11:31 p.m.

Guess I am the only one who wants a sequel to Wonderboy III: The Dragons Trap.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - May 9, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Another Power Stone would be pretty cool, but I'm not really sure how they'd do it, other than an HD remake of the first or second one. I remember countless hours spent playing that and some shitty Spawn game back in high school... Good times. I never owned a Dreamcast, but a friend did, and every Friday after school we'd hang out with some friends and play a healthy diet of Power Stone, shitty Spawn game, and Smash Bros. Good times.
  • ssj4raditz - May 9, 2011 11:34 p.m.

Yes to the top 3! All of them, right away. You listening SEGA?!
  • Letter11 - May 9, 2011 11:35 p.m.

Such a great list. I miss the turn based strategy of the Shining Force series so much! The first one on Genesis really introduced me to a different genre of games and helped me branch out as kid. I wish they would return to that instead to those crap action games on the PS2. Oh and I'd love Shenmue 3 of course but that just goes without saying. (I almost forgot to mention Skies of Arcadia, desperately needs a sequel.)
  • Aletheon - May 9, 2011 11:46 p.m.

Skies of Arcadia. Fantasy Zone. Phantasy Star!!!! Please revert back to a traditional (but upgraded) RPG and just deliver that classic experience. First 2 games and 4 were so great...