Topics

Top 7

• JakeyBaby - October 4, 2010 12:56 p.m.

DeathSpank ToV has some good ones. I mean, one is introduced with a comedy cutscene, then you go through the door and realise you've gone back stage. A brief moment of "Oh cool!" before murdering every last member of the Hothead developement team...
  • PushesPaperInACircle - October 4, 2010 12:53 p.m.

What about the secret hacked cheerleader room in Ultima VII?
  • OnyxOblivion - October 4, 2010 12:42 p.m.

So...is anyone else suddenly going to go pick up Arkham Asylum again?
  • FACANAWESOME - October 4, 2010 12:16 p.m.

Great feature, lots of memories.
  • RazielArcanum - October 4, 2010 11:33 a.m.

Aw, man, I love these features. Chris's room was especially handy.
  • Imgema - October 4, 2010 11:31 a.m.

I also loved the "secret rooms" in Portal even though they weren't so secret. Going from the sterile hospital like test rooms to the backstage rusty, dirty rooms with all those weird messages was amazing.
  • humpiedumpie - October 4, 2010 11:25 a.m.

Awesome article :)
  • Imgema - October 4, 2010 11:15 a.m.

Little bonus room song is awesome!
  • gazdog9 - October 4, 2010 11:08 a.m.

Coincidentally, Cracked had an article on Easter eggs which contains a couple of these rooms http://www.cracked.com/article_18801_9-video-game-easter-eggs-that-took-years-to-find.html
  • BadLadJon - October 4, 2010 10:57 a.m.

i think the arkham asylum room should be number 1,i have still been playing the game and have had no idea it existed! also the half life 2 room with the vort in the pipe on the airboat level shouldve been included :O
  • tomthespesh - October 4, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Mario warp zone was my first warp zone. When I first did it as a 3 year old on my dad's NES I thought the game was broken as I was running outside the level. Grand Top 7 Justin.
  • Rhymenocerous - October 4, 2010 10:49 a.m.

Does anyone remember the room in Resident Evil 2 that required fingerprint scans from both Leon and Claire? It had a few lickers inside, and smashed 'Tyrant' containers...I always wondered if I was missing something, because I could never see the point in it.
  • FrozenImplosion - October 4, 2010 10:26 a.m.

Huh, that's pretty cool that Arkham Asylum one stayed under wraps for so long! Nice article.
  • MrTwinbee - October 4, 2010 10:09 a.m.

First....woot. Awesome article, loved the Zelda secret room. Great memories