Topics

Halloweek

We Recommend

• hardcore_gamer1990 - October 27, 2009 2:28 p.m.

We read "The Tell-Tale Heart" in english, as an example of creating tension. Fuckin' scary stuff to be reading to a group of 13 year olds.... Kinda got ruined when the music class on the floor below started playing Axel F though... XD Wanna get The Path now though, looks epic.
  • STR33TFiR3 - October 27, 2009 1:35 p.m.

I "played" The Path, but frankly I could not figure it out.
  • masofdas - October 27, 2009 9:14 a.m.

Illbleed isn't scary, i should know i own it.
  • Icehearted - October 27, 2009 6:47 a.m.

You'll never believe which one of these I actually did play when it was fairly new and I was a child. Ready? Haunted House! I know!!! But seriously, I did play this game, only not on an Atari 2600, or at least, I don't remember the controller being Atari. This stands out as one of my very earliest gaming memories, right there with learning how to time flipping the Atari 2600 switches to play the music my own way, the first time I played Asteroids at home (I could not have been more than 5) and at an arcade (even younger!!!), and the first time I ever saw a guy actually drop change into an arcade game called Cliffhanger at a local Chuck-e-Cheese, which looked crazy hard to me when I was a kid. I just nostalgia'd....
  • gmilf71 - October 27, 2009 3:34 a.m.

I have no mouth and I must scream? That shit was awsome. It's like horribly dark and evil, despite the fact that it's two-bit graphics somehow add an upbeat tone to rape, torture, and murder.
  • mEgAzD - October 27, 2009 3:28 a.m.

Wow you used it again. Charlie, try putting I have No Mouth and I must Scream into more Top 7's/ articles. After all, you can find many uses for it.
  • Cwf2008 - October 27, 2009 3:16 a.m.

@Cyberninja: Wow you actually put something productive. Im amazed. But ya the old man in the Tell Tale Heart was killed because his vulture eye kept freaking out the insane homicidal narrator...then it ends with him going insane, hearing the old mans heart since he buried him beneath the floorboards, and revealing to the cops that he killed the man. Not scary, but a pain reading 19th century English
  • Scotch - October 27, 2009 2:45 a.m.

oh Jesus, puppets freak me the fuck out, but that game looks really intresting..
  • GameManiac - October 27, 2009 2:37 a.m.

Is it just me, or does that Hellhog thing look like Sonic the Hedgehog's crazy as Hell (get it? Hell?) uncle? it sure LOOKS like it. Yeegh! Who the hell directed these games anyway, because they MAY belong at a really well-paded jail cell. (But that's just what I think)
  • DaBadGuy - October 27, 2009 2:26 a.m.

I actually have heard of the Path, through word of mouth tho, one of my friends is a PC buff. I've never played it but it looks intriguing, the other games are completely new to me.
  • RatPuncher - October 27, 2009 1:58 a.m.

I'd heard of The Dark Eye before, but I didn't realize it was based on Edgar Allan Poe stories... I have to play that now.
  • RaIdEn - October 27, 2009 1:04 a.m.

the path looks freakin bananas. im tempted to play it but i like to have a clean pair of undies thank you very much.... still, it looks awesome
  • Kaz993 - October 27, 2009 1:01 a.m.

I scrolled down a few inches to see the title of the first thing. I have No Mouth and I must scream is probably the creepiest thing I ever read. Batshit insane and so morbidly scary that I don't want to admit it. I doubt Ill know anything else on this list but Ill post again and take mroe bandwidth if I must.
  • CH3BURASHKA - October 26, 2009 11:44 p.m.

Charlie is one sexy beast. Look at him, all smug with his masquerade mask. He probably had a lot of anonymous sex that night.
  • GearsofRabies - October 26, 2009 11:02 p.m.

A interesting Top 7 from a man who about a year ago said that the cheesiest horror movie from the 80's is scarier than any game ever made
  • Stabby_Joe - October 26, 2009 10:45 p.m.

I have no mouth and must scream truly is a twisted creation... and it's kick ass!
  • TURbo - October 26, 2009 10:39 p.m.

In the Tell Tale heart, the man killed the old guy because of the eye. It was the eye!
  • Cyberninja - October 26, 2009 10:21 p.m.

all of these look interesting and the old man in the tell tale heart wasnt killed for being ugly he was killed because of his "evil" vulture eye
  • Amnesiac - October 26, 2009 10:19 p.m.

The Dark Eye, sounds interesting, I might see if I can dig up a free/cheap copy. And I have No Mouth sounds...wow.
  • H2A2I00 - October 26, 2009 9:48 p.m.

lol @ CH3BURASHKA but i seriously want to try the path it looks so cool and wen it said which path will u take the path of needles or the path of pins i just said i need to play this