Topics

Top 7

• Wave360 - December 8, 2008 9:58 p.m.

Who wants to bet that in the next TalkRadar Chris will play a *Pretty* sound effect when they talk about the Top 7 :D
  • cjm - December 10, 2008 2:51 a.m.

nice
  • cjm - December 10, 2008 2:51 a.m.

nice
  • MrPinkBAMF - December 9, 2008 11:50 p.m.

cmon guys. geometry wars 2.
  • FancyRat - December 9, 2008 10:14 p.m.

...I was salivating eight years for another 3D romp ‘em up starring the world’s favorite/only bird and bear duo...
  • Thequestion 121 - December 9, 2008 9:28 p.m.

That was great! I'm really considering checking out Valkyria Chronicles> I love games like that!
  • EricBratcher - December 9, 2008 8:04 p.m.

I think some of y'all are forgetting it's the prettiest games of 2008. Halo 3 was last year, so it didn't make it. That's also why we left Eternal Sonata and Okami off (the original versions were '07 and '06). Tools of Destruction was 07, though Quest for Booty was this year and we considered that one. Fable II and the new Geometry Wars were both in the running for sure - I could stare at GW for hours. So those are great suggestions. they just got slightly edged out. This was a good year.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - December 9, 2008 5:08 p.m.

i was gonna suggest ratchet and clank tools of destruction and DMC4, but there kinda dark in heinsight... never mind. great article, gr! ooh, what about star wars the force unleashed?
  • noobeater - December 9, 2008 4:22 p.m.

halo ...halo i remember walking threw miles of dark blue and purple...thats all it is the never mind nuts n bolts the original is the most colourful games iv ever seen...not that could have been no.1...wat with it being on xbox live
  • BodyDamage - December 9, 2008 3:46 p.m.

I'm very surprised Eternal Sonata didn't make the cut. Even the demo of that game had more color and vibrance than I've seen so far in any of the other 10+ ps3 games I have. I must get Valkyria Chronicles though, must must.
  • vic88 - December 9, 2008 6:59 a.m.

fable 2 had pretty places but plastic people.
  • Kattleox - December 9, 2008 6:32 a.m.

Just realized that Elika looks like Meryl from MGS. And, FierceDiety, the guy playing wipeout STANK. If he got to even zone 50 you would wee yourself.
  • Dr.Mr.Gamer - December 9, 2008 4:23 a.m.

i thought R2 was a great looking game. especiaialy wen u first walk out of that bas in san fransisco and see the huge city being destroyed before your eyes. yes sum part are just a grey-a-thon but most of it is pretty damn nice!
  • nicksayswatzup - December 9, 2008 4:05 a.m.

i thought smash and mgs4 looked good :( @Wave360: THAT WOULD BE EPIC FAIL IF HE DIDN'T!
  • Defguru7777 - December 9, 2008 3:48 a.m.

I wish Tales of Vesperia or Castle Crashers had made the list. But these are quite the beauties. Prince of Persia definently deserved to win.
  • LordRevan111 - December 9, 2008 12:19 a.m.

I agree with Jimmyjammy, how did Fable 2 not get in, the colors of like Oakvale, Bowerstone are amazing. The life!
  • MrPinkBAMF - December 9, 2008 12:18 a.m.

mmm geometry wars 2 anyone?
  • Craza - December 8, 2008 11:53 p.m.

It's games like Valkaryia that make me want a PS3, but sadly....right now, that's the only one.
  • Jimmyjammy - December 8, 2008 11:18 p.m.

How did Fable 2 not make this list?
  • k1ng94 - December 8, 2008 10:58 p.m.

I thought Fable 2 was quite a pretty game i loved the old english looj.