Topics

Top 7

• avantguardian - March 1, 2011 10:31 a.m.

there are some who would say that WW1 wasn't over until the end of WW2...
  • Letter11 - March 1, 2011 6:49 a.m.

MWF2's plot made absolutely no sense.
  • sgloomy - March 1, 2011 6:26 a.m.

Man, Darksiders was such an unexpectedly great game, it was surprisingly longer than I thought it would be and definitely better than Dante's inferno [ i don't compare it to Bayonetta because Bayonetta, at least to me, was a completely different game than darksiders, Dante's Inferno and of course God of War III]. I really hope they announce at least plans for a sequel at E3 this year.
  • tacehtselrahc - March 1, 2011 6:18 a.m.

The war in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was a bit silly. A Russian island off the coast of Japan is invaded by the Chinese, so the US Marines have to go and liberate it, yeah that could happen.
  • 510BrotherPanda - March 1, 2011 6 a.m.

This article makes me not want to play any of those games, but it was a good article. Thanks again for the engaging read, Mikel!
  • Aletheon - March 1, 2011 5:41 a.m.

Most pointless wars ever: all of them?
  • Crimmy - March 1, 2011 5:34 a.m.

I hate Days of Ruin. They killed all of the characters of the series! WTF was Ninty thinking. Make a new AW, and with all the old chars, to atone for this. Someday, I'm gonna grab an old copy, and BURN IT TO HELL. /endrant
  • quincytheodore - March 1, 2011 4:57 a.m.

Can I have edit button plz :(
  • quincytheodore - March 1, 2011 4:50 a.m.

Yeah, Vanquish was kinda pointless. Mid-way through the game, I realized it's too.. clean... someone was bound to betray me. It's either Elena or the president, turned it's the latter. The writer must have seen '24' And the Russian, man, he didn't even showed up when our final showdown. That's just rude... And the end speech, he might as well said, "See you in Vanquish 2. Mwahahahah."
  • Xtapolapopotamus - March 1, 2011 4:43 a.m.

Great Top 7 as always. I feel ashamed that it took me like two paragraphs into the DarkSiders entry to realize it was that, and not DarkStalkers. Guess MvC3 has made a bit more of an impact on my brain than I thought.
  • ThePigHostage - March 1, 2011 4:16 a.m.

LOL, I can't believe that last one is even real.
  • garnsr - March 1, 2011 3:49 a.m.

I'm guessing Hyperdimension Neptunia was what inspired this article. Darksiders started out about the war, meandered for a dozen or so hours, then brought it back to the war at the end. I liked it, but could have used a bit more story along the way, instead of just bookending the game.
  • Sy87 - March 1, 2011 3:42 a.m.

Every war is pointless but they sure are fun to play. Yet also no fun to be in seriously. We should start a zombie war just for the hell of it.
  • PhantomOfKrankor - March 1, 2011 3:21 a.m.

Dammit, I was going to make a Fallout reference.
  • tomasfr89 - March 1, 2011 3:13 a.m.

Somebody has to say it, so play it off Old Chump: War... War never changes... Ron Pearlman, ladies and gentlemen!
  • ninjastrike34 - March 1, 2011 3:12 a.m.

Aww no METAL Gear Solid.. whatever nice article!
  • santaclouse37 - March 1, 2011 2:48 a.m.

Awesome idea for a Top 7, thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I especially appreciated the shout-out to Vanquish which I just finished last night.
  • Security77 - March 1, 2011 2:19 a.m.

The war in Vanquish didn't need a reason, all you had to know was that we must stop them.
  • talkraider - March 1, 2011 2:01 a.m.

I will never get tired of shootin them nazis
  • thewulfen - March 1, 2011 2 a.m.

Yeah, the Darksiders war really didn't make a whole lot of sense.