Topics

Top 7

• The_Deebo - May 3, 2010 10:42 a.m.

Oh man that Sega All-Stars Racing promo was tough to sit through. I feel embarrassed to be a gamer
  • waffledragon33 - May 3, 2010 10:41 a.m.

sonic was the best i hope sonic 4 is good
  • NeoKef - May 3, 2010 10:33 a.m.

Hey man, like I said in Twitter: The Chao garden in Battle 2 is pretty sweet lol.
  • Imgema - May 3, 2010 10:25 a.m.

Every new thing that they added the last 10 years in the franchise is crap. They have to remove everything. The new art design? It makes the games look more "kiddy" than "cool" as they were in the 16bit days. Also the 3D model of sonic just doesn't look good. Just remove it and make a nice 2D sprite with lots of animation frames and bring back the "helicopter legs" animation. The voice acting? Nintendo's characters don't talk much for a reason. The voice acting has completely destroyed Sonic's personality. For me its the worst thing that plagues Sonic the last 10 years and it has to be removed. The new characters? Uninteresting, dumb, badly designed, filler characters, all have to be removed. Knuckles was the last good character imo. The music? Whats with the vocal stuff? Remove please! And make the tunes more melodic and less techno. The story? Why, oh why is everyone so obsessed about story and plot in videogames? This is no Mass Effect nor Heavy Rain. Its Sonic. The 16bit games were amazing and only had the usual "save the animals, defeat evil guy" plot. Why overcomplicate things when you don't need to? Also, fetch quests and interaction with humans? Remove please! The gimmicks! Werehog? Swords? Weapons? Motocycles? Who comes up with these "ideas"? And who approves them? What a bunch of idiots! Remove these gimmicks and remove those idiots from Sonic Team please! ...nly then Sonic will have a chance.
  • DaBadGuy - May 3, 2010 10:24 a.m.

My post got all screwed up because of the crappy scrolling problem, I said I still love Sonic games Pre-2000 and anytime I play Sonic 1, 2, or 3, I have a blast. It's like watching the original trilogy without mention of the prequels. And I was saying I am interested in Sonic 4, wow, that got really screwed up in the middle.
  • DaBadGuy - May 3, 2010 10:20 a.m.

I got burned badly with Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360, I stopped caring after that. I've always considered playing Dark Brotherhood, but at this point I've stopped caring about 21st Century Sonic, the one exception being Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which honestly I really liked. I still love Sonic games Pre-2000, and anytime I play watching the Original Trilogy without mention of the three prequels. I'm interested in Sonic 1, 2, or 3, I have a blast. It's like Sonic 4, since it's apparantly a return to form and a return of the pre-2000 Sonic that we all loved, but if I get burned this time, that's it. Sonic will never be a top contender like he was in the 90's ever again, not like Mario, but hopefully, he will return in grand fashion with Sonic 4, either that or Sonic 4 will be the death rattle of my......our....beloved blue hedgehog.
  • speno93 - May 3, 2010 10:04 a.m.

In Sonic Unleashed,i really liked the day sections but the werehog sections were crap. Why can't SEGA just make a game with just those stupidly cool and fast day bits, without any BS filler? personally i never really got the appeal of 10 seconds of running and several minutes of platforming, a formula which the old sonic games used a lot.
  • Xplosive59 - May 3, 2010 9:59 a.m.

hey sonic heroes wasnt a bad game! its my personal favourite out of the 3d sonic games and it was a hell of alot of fun
  • Unoriginal - May 3, 2010 9:38 a.m.

Heres the thing I don't really think it will be enough for Sonic 4 to be just like the old ones. Rush and Advanced are already perfect throwbacks to the old style and if 4 is just another one that means that the series hasn't evolved for 20 years. Personally I think either the series needs to advance in some (good) way or people need to finally get over Sonic the Hedgehog. I know I have (tried)
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 3, 2010 9:17 a.m.

As a true gamer, my heart aches whenever a franchise and/or a character is fumbled by its parent company. Though I do not feel for Sonic specifically, I am sad that Sega has managed to fuck him up so bad, so long and so consistently. Here's hoping that Sonic 4 isn't as bad as it looks.